Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Mescaline

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Anyone ever done mescaline? in the form of cactus or pellets??

I had some san pedro cactus it was the most disgusting brew i've ever tasted I nearly vomited....the buzz is fucking mental though, doesnt kick in for hours but it stays for even longer. proper radged.

Comments

• Options
    i have never done it myself. but try here for some mescaline related experiences.

Erowid Experience Vaults
  • Options
    yes ...in the early seventies.
    synthetic and natural.
    very beautiful.
    like lsd without the edge ...i never heard of anyone having a bad trip on it.
  • Options
    hmmm...i was just wondering; if mescaline is so nice and 'without edge' ('subtle' as one erowid experience puts it) then why hasnt it found favour over mushrooms and acid as a more paletable psychoactive?
  • Options
    hmmm...i was just wondering; if mescaline is so nice and 'without edge' ('subtle' as one erowid experience puts it) then why hasnt it found favour over mushrooms and acid as a more paletable psychoactive?
    never thought about that.
  • Options
    It's probably just because it's never come across as a popular drug...acid has somehow managed to survive from the 60's/70's and shrooms grow naturally...I bet 90% of my mates have never heard of mescaline.
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    It's probably just because it's never come across as a popular drug...acid has somehow managed to survive from the 60's/70's and shrooms grow naturally...I bet 90% of my mates have never heard of mescaline.
    it may simply be down to marketing.
    l.s.d was being mass produced and spread around the western world by the sandoz chemical company.
    it proved massively popular so others started manufacturing it.

mescaline may one day become as popular.
  • Options
    well you'd think that, but why then has there not been any headway made (that i know of) into the psychotherepeutic effects of mescaline if indeed it is so 'stable'?
  • Options
    well you'd think that, but why then has there not been any headway made (that i know of) into the psychotherepeutic effects of mescaline if indeed it is so 'stable'?
    it might not be as safe and comfortable as i'm making out here.
    i could be mistaken.
    i'm only going from my experiences and those around me at the time ...and i can't be arsed looking around the net.

there may well be some good research available.
    it is strange that it never became hugely popular though.
  • Options
    Mushrooms caught on because they are easily available in most countries in the wild and for free.

LSD caught on because (if you know what you are doing) it can be produced quite cheaply. And once it had caught on and had the big name that is what people wanted.

Mescaline did not catch on so much because of the nausea, no one likes being sick while twisted.
  • Options
    2 Main reasons mescaline is barely used:

1) Availability: The cacti it comes from only grow in south America

2) Nausea: Mescaline makes you feel sick as fuck for about 45 minutes before you come up. I actually vomited. But then you're alright afterwards.

Personally I enjoyed Acid more as it just had that bizarre and twisted edge.

But above all I prefer mushrooms to both, since they're easy to get and get you completely fucked in a way that acid doesnt.

You cant even maintain conversation on shrooms.
  • Options
    a friend and i did mescaline a few weeks ago, i had to swallow about 38 capsules of the stuff and i tried some of the powder, which tasted foul, i don't really think i will bother next time, wasn't really worth it.
  • Options
    *subzero* wrote:
    38 capsules .
    :eek2:
  • Options
    yeh not sure why i had to take so much, something to do with purity or because it was in powdered form, the guy i did it with is much more knowledgeable about these things.
  • Options
    You shouldn't have to take that much if it is powder, granted the dose in mg terms is on the high side, 200-300mg or more, but that can easily fit in one tablet.
  • Options
    If it was powdered peytote buttons or cactus rather than powdered mescaline you're gonna have to eat a bit.
  • Options
    Enfilade wrote:
    2 Main reasons mescaline is barely used:

1) Availability: The cacti it comes from only grow in south America

2) Nausea: Mescaline makes you feel sick as fuck for about 45 minutes before you come up. I actually vomited. But then you're alright afterwards.

Personally I enjoyed Acid more as it just had that bizarre and twisted edge.

But above all I prefer mushrooms to both, since they're easy to get and get you completely fucked in a way that acid doesnt.

You cant even maintain conversation on shrooms.

Did you buy the cactus? The head shop i used to visit in edinburgh for mushrooms sometimes has various cacti or sale, cost far too much tho'.
  • Options
    Spliffie wrote:
    Did you buy the cactus? The head shop i used to visit in edinburgh for mushrooms sometimes has various cacti or sale, cost far too much tho'.

Much like a lot of things in the head shop herbal highs market they are quite often dud's apparently too.