Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Something wrong

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Is there something wrong with me because i'm 23 and still single?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    No.
    No you're still young and got plenty of time to enjoy life. There's an awful lot of 23 year old singles out there and alot of people older than 23 who are still single. Just becuase you haven't found the right person yet doens't mean that there's something wrong.
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Kazbo wrote:
    Just becuase you haven't found the right person yet doens't mean that there's something wrong.
    Need I explain again why this is incredibly hypocritical?
    all my life i've been single.
    ofcourse there is nothing wrong!
    veex wrote:
    all my life i've been single.

Your only 23....a good part of your life you were a child. So really you havent been single that long!
    no
    I'm 21 and single by choice (basically I have to fght them all off :p)...

To be fair I don't see anything negative about being a singleton at all, it's a whole world of self-discovery and you have precious freedom and one less thing to worry about.
    Good god no there's nothing wrong with you!

Your only 23!!!!! For fuck's sake why do you want to be in a relationship?!?! You've got the rest of your life to worry about that sort of stuff. You're in your 20s ... nows the time to see the world and to experience all you can. Worry about the other stuff later on.
    Zalbor wrote:
    Need I explain again why this is incredibly hypocritic?

Erm yes.

All I'm saying is that some people find someone they want to be with younger than that and others don't, but there's nothing wrong either way.
    nope, single, naw its ok, but what hold in the future???
    Kazbo wrote:
    Erm yes.
    A direct copy from here:

All of you who talk about "the right person", I have to say that I think it's very hypocritic.
    I assume most posters here have had a number of boy/girlfriends. And keep in mind that in this I include all kinds of them, "serious" or not. Were all of them "the right person"?
    If yes, then you're saying that people like Stafford have fewer "right persons" than you do, which can only be insulting.
    If not, even if you take all your totally bad experiences out, then you didn't wait for "the right person" to have a relationship. So why should he?
    Kazbo wrote:
    All I'm saying is that some people find someone they want to be with younger than that and others don't, but there's nothing wrong either way.
    Show me where she said that she never found someone she wanted to be with.
    Is there something wrong with?
    Well if you seem to be a normal person then yes there is because you are single for a reason

Are you a bad person?
    Doesn't mean that and it doesn't mean lots of people wouldn't like you but something you are doing is wrong

Should you be worried?
    Quite possibly but it depends on what you've been doing and what your life is like

Can the problem be fixed?
    Of course it can but it does mean certain things might be harder for a while as you play catch up but if you find someone who cares it won't matter
    veex wrote:
    Is there something wrong with me because i'm 23 and still single?

Ia this by choice or not?
    Is it by choice or are you shy and unlucky?
    Zalbor wrote:
    hypocritic.
    Dude, that's not even a word. :lol:
    Absolutely not! :) I know people of all ages that are single and it doesn't mean a thing.
    Dude, that's not even a word. :lol:
    Thanks, I corrected it. My point still stands though.
    Theres nothing wrong with still being single at 23. You're still young. You have your whole life ahead of you and have plenty of time to meet someone.
    Easy to say that when you're not even 20 and have met a number of "someones", huh?
    Zalbor wrote:
    Easy to say that when you're not even 20 and have met a number of "someones", huh?

Steady now, your bitterness is showing.

In my eyes, the "right" person is someone who you'd like to have a relationship with and who wants the same with you. So you do actually you have to wait for the right person to come along.

And no, there is nothing wrong with being single at 23.
    Infinite wrote:
    Steady now, your bitterness is showing.
    So? It's still easy to tell people they should be fine when you don't know why they aren't.
    In my eyes, the "right" person is someone who you'd like to have a relationship with and who wants the same with you. So you do actually you have to wait for the right person to come along.
    See the "if yes" part of my post in the first page (and the rest of it).
    Zalbor wrote:
    See the "if yes" part of my post in the first page (and the rest of it).

Bollocks to it, it's pointless and I can't be bothered.

I don't want to take this thread even more off course.
    Infinite wrote:
    And no one is saying he'll have less "right" people. He may have a run of different people. Just because he hasn't been with anyone at 23 doesn't mean he won't have had a 300 partners by 30. The age you start dating has nothing to do with the amount of dating you'll eventually experience.
    "She", actually. The "he" was about someone else.
    And even if the amount of "right persons" (in lack of a different term) isn't evenly distributed, if there hasn't even been one in so many years should mean something.
    You worked very hard to take offence from this thread. Well done.
    Oh believe me, I haven't taken offense, not in the slightest.
    Zalbor wrote:
    "She", actually. The "he" was about someone else.

Nice nit-picking. You've convinced me that you're right.
    Zalbor wrote:
    And even if the amount of "right persons" (in lack of a different term) isn't evenly distributed, if there hasn't even been one in so many years should mean something.

Why should it mean something? What should it mean?

Some people start dating sooner than others. That doesn't effect either the quantity or quality of the dating.

Your argument is still a ridiculous straw man. Which doesn't prove that anyone is hypocritical.
    Infinite wrote:
    Nice nit-picking. You've convinced me that you're right.
    Are you looking to fight? Cause I'm not. I just said that because I like fixing mistakes, even small ones.
    Why should it mean something? What should it mean?

Some people start dating sooner than others. That doesn't effect either the quantity or quality of the dating.
    But it does affect the state the person is in when/if they do. And that can cause problems.
    Zalbor wrote:
    Are you looking to fight? Cause I'm not. I just said that because I like fixing mistakes, even small ones.

Nothing could be farther from the truth man. I hate confrontation online. Sorry if that seemed aggressive.
    But it does affect the state the person is in when/if they do. And that can cause problems.

It's an immensley rare case that it's if. But it can be a positive thing as well. You're more mature, you might have lived a bit more, you know you can survive without a relationship, etc. It's how you look at it.

And there are a million and one things that can affect the state of the person.

BTW, I'm 23 in two weeks and I've not had a serious girlfriend either. So I do know what it's like.
    Infinite wrote:
    Nothing could be farther from the truth man. I hate confrontation online. Sorry if that seemed aggressive.
    Oh, alright then.
    BTW, I'm 23 in two weeks and I've not had a serious girlfriend either. So I do know what it's like.
    The key word here is "serious". Sorry, but you don't.

As I said before, I did not take offense; but I admit I took the whole thing personal. I always do...

I could say more, but I don't want to take over the thread.... Not any more than I already have.
    Zalbor wrote:
    The key word here is "serious". Sorry, but you don't.

You're not serious? I think you'll find that I understand perfectly. You don't have a fucking clue about my dating history. How do you know whether I'd had a girlfriend or not at your age? But you carry on the "no one understands me" angst if it makes you feel better.

:banghead:
    Infinite wrote:
    You're not serious? I think you'll find that I understand perfectly. You don't have a fucking clue about my dating history. How do you know whether I'd had a girlfriend or not at your age? But you carry on the "no one understands me" angst if it makes you feel better.

:banghead:
    Yeah, sorry about that... I wasn't in a very good mood (and not only because of this thread).

I should have said something like "I don't think you do". "No serious till 23" doesn't say anything about 20, so I can't know.