Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Hip Hop/ Rap

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    how can you congratulate him for his post thats not worthy of any congratulations.
    And thunderstruck,stop with the fuzz!it doesn't really suit you.I have a question,what has 50 done to deserve all these hostilies?
    owura wrote:
    And thunderstruck,stop with the fuzz!it doesn't really suit you.

Is that ghetto-speak for something I don't understand or are you referring to my mass of facial hair?

owura wrote:
    I have a question,what has 50 done to deserve all these hostilies?

I have an answer - he's made a mountain of money for being a very very mediocre talent. There are 1001 more talented people out there who don't get any recognition while pricks like 50 Cent get all the money and all the attention for being very average.
    Why has everyone started hating 50 Cent for, this was a post about who your meant to like in the HIp-Hop/Rap industry. 50 Cent must be doing something right as he always tops the charts in whatever he does.

And people fail to acknowledge that he was brought into this World by Dr Dre and Eminem.

50 Cent is a success, and is not an average rapper, and obviously has talent, because people buy his music.
    and obviously has talent, because people buy his music.

That is quite a naive thing to say. A good marketing team can market something pretty ordinary and people will buy it eg. Girls Aloud, Spice Girls, [every boy/girl band EVER], Busted, Fightstar... I could go on forever.

All these people do not have that much talent yet they are seen as marketable because of some factor and the fact that all these people sell so much while being so crap is testament to how powerful the marketing people influence the industry.
    At the end of the day, its all down to everyones personel opionions, and mine is that 50 Cent is talented.

Like....Greenday for example, I know people that used to love Green Day, but now that they have been publicised alot by a marketing team, my mates have started to lose interest. Seems like they hate all merchandised bands, there was another one to list that RSS likes, cant remember the name though.
    50 Cent is shit. Green Day are shit.

Next!
    Hey wait a minute...I didnt say Green Day were good :P
    Blagsta wrote:
    Next!

Acid house is shit!
    You may think that. You would however, be wrong. :p
    Blagsta wrote:
    You may think that. You would however, be wrong. :p

The day I'm contradicted by someone north of the Watford gap is the day Quito becomes a clean city.
    Who's oop north? I'm in sarf London geezah.
    Why has everyone started hating 50 Cent for, this was a post about who your meant to like in the HIp-Hop/Rap industry. 50 Cent must be doing something right as he always tops the charts in whatever he does.

And people fail to acknowledge that he was brought into this World by Dr Dre and Eminem.

50 Cent is a success, and is not an average rapper, and obviously has talent, because people buy his music.

Yes,i totally agree with you,50 is a success and not an average rapper as thunderstruck is trying to put.I just wanna ask,what about his awards and all the charts he's been topping?somebody tell me something.
    owura wrote:
    Yes,i totally agree with you,50 is a success and not an average rapper as thunderstruck is trying to put.I just wanna ask,what about his awards and all the charts he's been topping?somebody tell me something.

People don't buy his records because he's talented, they buy them because they're basically told to buy them, you see him on TV all the time. He is very mediocre, take In Da Club for example, good tune, good chorus, lyrics crap. End of.
    owura wrote:

You think awards are a benchmark of what's good and what's not?

How many Grammys etc. did people like Led Zeppelin, The Rolling Stones etc. etc. win? None. Just like the Oscars. Tom Hanks has won God-knows how many yet Stanley Kubrick never won a single one.

And you think number ones are a sign of what's good? Hell, the Spice Girls have had number ones and you think anyone considers them to be good? Mate you have a seriously warped view if you take your cue of what's good and what's not by the awards they win and the amount of number ones they have.

As I said earlier and as Turlough reiterated, people buy this crap because it's cool to buy it, not because it's actually good.

Take some advice and go and listen to some proper rap and then you might realise just how wank 50 Cent is.
    Oh no!i don't know what else to say,but he's good despite all your criticisms.He's good as long as i stay as his greatest fan.You know i'm a die hard fan of 50 cent,and i'll never give in to whatever you say.what about Nelly,whatelse do you have about him?Is he also bad lyrically?
    owura wrote:
    Oh no!i don't know what else to say

How about nothing.
    owura wrote:
    but he's good despite all your criticisms.He's good as long as i stay as his greatest fan.

So when you stop being his greatest fan, the world will realise how shit he is? I'm confused.
    owura wrote:
    what about Nelly,whatelse do you have about him?Is he also bad lyrically?

Yup.
    give me some dmx or 2pac any day with no other person singin in the bk just rap music
  • Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    rss3000 wrote:
    give me some dmx or 2pac any day with no other person singin in the bk just rap music

God, I could just talk for ages too. That's about as easy as it gets... I can make up songs as I go along.

There is far better rap out there. It's jsut not in the mainstream...
    who and where?
    How about nothing.

So when you stop being his greatest fan, the world will realise how shit he is? I'm confused.

Yup.

No,he'll never be shit,he'll always be the greatest of all :wave:
    Then if you say Nelly is another shit,who is good for?Oh,i don't understand you,i wonder who your taste will be.
    owura wrote:
    Then if you say Nelly is another shit,who is good for?Oh,i don't understand you

Likewise bucko.

My taste in rap is firmly rooted in old rap as it's not about bitches/ho's/homies/pimps/cars/n***ers/etc. etc. ad nauseam.

Rapping about that kind of stuff requires no talent whatsoever.

Listen to Public Enemy, RunDMC, De La Soul, Dead Prez, Cypress Hill, NWA and you might realise that rap is a little more than 50 Cent and Nelly.
    owura wrote:

So you measure quality by commercial success?

*ahem*
    MC Hammer
    *ahem*
    Likewise bucko.

My taste in rap is firmly rooted in old rap as it's not about bitches/ho's/homies/pimps/cars/n***ers/etc. etc. ad nauseam.

Listen to Public Enemy, RunDMC, De La Soul, Dead Prez, Cypress Hill, NWA and you might realise that rap is a little more than 50 Cent and Nelly.
    yeah,i get you there but i don't agree with you on the idea that 50 is not talented.He surely is!
    it seems you kinda forgotten the rap legend 2pac!He was one whole talented rapper.I'm not saying nelly and 50 ain't talented,of course they are too,but they ain't anywhere closer to 2pac.
    Blagsta wrote:
    So you measure quality by commercial success?

Why not?We'll know he's talented and he's making it all big in the rap world.
    owura wrote:
    it seems you kinda forgotten the rap legend 2pac!He was one whole talented rapper.I'm not saying nelly and 50 ain't talented,of course they are too,but they ain't anywhere closer to 2pac.

I beg to differ. There were better rappers than 2pac.
    do tell .
    rss3000 wrote:
    do tell .

Have you not read this thread. Immortal technique for one and Kool Keith for one
    owura wrote:

Why not?We'll know he's talented and he's making it all big in the rap world.

*bangs screen*
    Blagsta wrote:
    *bangs screen*

He's a lost cause mate.
    *takes another DF118*