We've updated the 'What can I talk about?' section of the group chat guidelines to mirror the boards guidelines. You can find them here :)
Want to tell us about your experiences using The Mix and be in with a chance of winning a £200 Amazon Voucher? Click here to go to our survey!

Hip Hop/ Rap

24

Comments

  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    owura wrote:
    Most of you guys are not into 50Cent,why is that?cuz i like him,he's my fav. rapper.

    Well as I've already mentioned, lyrically wise he's not that good, I admit he has a good enough flow but he doesn't talk about issues that affect me so why care?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    50 is also my favourite rapper at present. He has great tunes and beats, but my favourite rapper lyric wise has to be Eminem. Although, I really think Ne-Yo might turn into something big.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    drumbeat wrote:
    check out some AESOP ROCK. this man is the best lyricist i have ever heard, in any genre on music. BLOCKHEAD does most of the beats.

    If you like him you may like MF Doom as well--- he has some pretty impressive beats
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    owura wrote:
    Most of you guys are not into 50Cent,why is that?cuz i like him,he's my fav. rapper.

    OK beats, but mediocre lyrics aimed at fulfilling suburban white boys gangsta fantasies.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Blagsta wrote:
    OK beats, but mediocre lyrics aimed at fulfilling suburban white boys gangsta fantasies.

    lol, that is actually quite true.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    owura wrote:
    Most of you guys are not into 50Cent,why is that?cuz i like him,he's my fav. rapper.

    Because he's everything that that's wrong with hip hop!
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    To be honest, I thought most of the world wouldn't be stupid enough to be seduced by 50 Cent's homophobic, mysoginistic and generally moronic lyrics but hey, I was wrong.

    My favourite lyricist(s) has to be De La Soul. Anyone who makes a rap track about what's on their answer phone deserves a mention.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    nice ;)
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Jon_UK wrote:
    Because he's everything that that's wrong with hip hop!

    No!i think you're wrong there,to me he's like the greatest thing that ever happened to hip hop.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    owura wrote:
    No!i think you're wrong there,to me he's like the greatest thing that ever happened to hip hop.

    You've missed a whole chunk out of hip hop/rap history then.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Blagsta wrote:
    OK beats, but mediocre lyrics aimed at fulfilling suburban white boys gangsta fantasies.

    Lol!abt the lyrics stuff,i agree with y'all but he's still good. :cool:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    turlough wrote:
    You've missed a whole chunk out of hip hop/rap history then.

    Not the greatest but one of the greatests,he's a living legend! :thumb:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    So you think 50 Cent will be talked about in 20 or 30 years time like, say, Kool Herc, The Last Poets or Public Enemy are today?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Blagsta wrote:
    So you think 50 Cent will be talked about in 20 or 30 years time like, say, Kool Herc, The Last Poets or Public Enemy are today?

    No,not that!He's been talked abt everywhere you,he's become famous and very successful.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    owura wrote:
    No,not that!He's been talked abt everywhere you,he's become famous and very successful.

    I think he means do you think 50 Cent will be still be famous in 20 or 30 years time?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    turlough wrote:
    I think he means do you think 50 Cent will be still be famous in 20 or 30 years time?

    Well,who knows,he might be cuz of the sudden popularity and success he's enjoying.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    owura wrote:
    Well,who knows,he might be cuz of the sudden popularity and success he's enjoying.

    Yes but there are a lot of similar rappers/bands/pop stars who are enjoying the same level of popularity. The chances are that in 5 years they'll be unknown, do you think that 50 Cent is that good that in 20 or 30 years he'll be regarded in the same level as the people blagsta's mentioned.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    owura wrote:
    No,not that!He's been talked abt everywhere you,he's become famous and very successful.

    So he's not a living legend then?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    owura wrote:
    Well,who knows,he might be cuz of the sudden popularity and success he's enjoying.

    Yeah, but he's a shit hyped up record company puppet.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    turlough wrote:
    Yes but there are a lot of similar rappers/bands/pop stars who are enjoying the same level of popularity. The chances are that in 5 years they'll be unknown, do you think that 50 Cent is that good that in 20 or 30 years he'll be regarded in the same level as the people blagsta's mentioned.

    Well,the posibility of 50 enjoying the fame he's enjoying now will be like 50,50.Though,he'll be regareded but not as what he's now.You know time changes and things will never be the same for him as all those like him.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Blagsta wrote:
    Yeah, but he's a shit hyped up record company puppet.

    :mad:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    owura wrote:
    :mad:

    True enough though, I think 50 has good potential and he has some good beats but the lyrics are completely meaningless, not the makings of a legend.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    turlough wrote:
    True enough though, I think 50 has good potential and he has some good beats but the lyrics are completely meaningless, not the makings of a legend.

    Ooow!ok,i'll talk to him to make them better,lol!
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    owura wrote:
    No!i think you're wrong there,to me he's like the greatest thing that ever happened to hip hop.

    I nominate this for most stupid post of the year. I can't see anyone else beating it.

    He must be the only hip-hop artist you've ever heard if you've come to that conclusion without mind-altering substances.

    No-one will be listening to 50 Cent in 20 years. Whereas people will still be listening to Public Enemy, NWA, Dead Prez and De La Soul. Because they're good.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Check out Skinnyman. He has proper lyrics.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I nominate this for most stupid post of the year. I can't see anyone else beating it.

    He must be the only hip-hop artist you've ever heard if you've come to that conclusion without mind-altering substances.

    No-one will be listening to 50 Cent in 20 years. Whereas people will still be listening to Public Enemy, NWA, Dead Prez and De La Soul. Because they're good.
    And where do you come from?No matter what you do 50 is good and will always be 50,of course somebody will listen to him in 20 years to come,i'll listen to him and most fans will do the same,the loyal ones means.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    owura wrote:
    And where do you come from?

    Saffffffhamptun. Home of Craig David.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    50 cent to hip hop is what busted were to rock and roll. He's a pre-packaged, manufactured pop star.

    He has no originality,
    He has no interest in doing anything other than making as much cash as he can,
    He's got very little personality.

    The only thing about 50 cent that I could praise is that he's a tribute to eminem and Dr Dre's business and marketing ability.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    owura wrote:
    And where do you come from?No matter what you do 50 is good and will always be 50,of course somebody will listen to him in 20 years to come,i'll listen to him and most fans will do the same,the loyal ones means.

    :lol:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Jon_UK wrote:
    50 cent to hip hop is what busted were to rock and roll. He's a pre-packaged, manufactured pop star.

    Very, very good analogy Jon.

    I can imagine that he only did a Dre tribute because it's almost law nowadays in the rap world to do it. Dre was good but he's not the only one.
Sign In or Register to comment.