Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Bush's nomination admits 'I'm crap for the job'

The woman Bush was putting forward for the Supreme Court has decided she isnt qualified and isnt right for the job.

Not a huge surprise really given she has never been a judge in her life.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/4382370.stm
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    She was the Bible-bashing one who they were worried would try and make America even more conservative.

At least she had the good grace and common sense to admit that she had no idea what she would be doing and thus pull out. I wish the same could be said for Bush.
    From reading between the lines she didn't pull out because she would be crap (since when has that worried political appointtees?), but because they were demanding paperwork from her time in the White House, which she claims is secretive (aka embarrassing to Bush)
    She was the Bible-bashing one who they were worried would try and make America even more conservative.

No one knew anything about her, she had made no judgements and virtually nothing public, so no one knew what her position was. But Bush said often that she 'shared his vision'.
    Actually she was far too moderate for the liking for the fundies, who were expecting someone more extreme:

Christian Right and assorted scum despair over Supreme Court candidate choice

Whilst anything that embarasses the chimp and makes him and his government more untrustworthy and dislikable is to be celebrated, let's hope Bush doesn't replace her with a real fundie to please those who won him the election in the first place.
    bongbudda wrote:
    she has never been a judge in her life.

apparently it has been done before, not that I think it's a good idea, just that Bush wasn't breaking new ground with that one.

The Christian right were pissed off about Bush choosing her, I don't think they'd have done that if she was one of them.
    The Christian right were pissed off about Bush choosing her, I don't think they'd have done that if she was one of them.
    the only conclusion that can be drawn from the fact that the christian right didn't like her is that her politics are somwhere to the left of genghis kahn. ;)
    At least she had the good grace and common sense to admit that she had no idea what she would be doing and thus pull out. I wish the same could be said for Bush.
    Ah but Bush did do just that

Not sure if that article is for real or not, it's The Onion after all... fun read though.
    It being the Onion you can pretty much assume it is not a real story... Still amusing though
    We've gone from John Roberts who was one of the best lawyers in America - an easy A+ candidate regarding competence, to Miers who is at best (from what I've read) a C. Mediocre people do not deserve a place on the supreme court - and its good that she has withdrawn.