Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Hi, I'm a yank

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
From the other side of the pond. The other forums I frequent seems to be down and I was having withdrawal. Somehow landed here and thought I'd say "hello" to you all.

Comments

• Options
    Hi there :) :wave:
  • Options
    Welcome. And I do hope your are from New York if you're calling yourself a yank as I've been trying to convince a few that yank is only for that state, as I, am not one. ;)
  • Options
    I hope you're from New York because it's cool. Fact. ;)

Welcome, pal! :D
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    Welcome. And I do hope your are from New York if you're calling yourself a yank as I've been trying to convince a few that yank is only for that state, as I, am not one. ;)
    Nah, I'm from The Constitution state (Connecticut). But I have several friends in the UK whom refer to me as a yank (or was it a wank??) so I figured "ok, so I'm a yankee."

Even here in the states, southerners call me a yank. It's the New England stigma I think. :confused:
  • Options
    I hope you're from New York because it's cool. Fact. ;)

Welcome, pal! :D
    Thanks. I'm not a big fan of big cities. NYC is just 2 hours from me, but the bloody train takes 4 hours. I go down there on occasion for fun and games. But yeah, NY is cool. Especially around this time of year when autumn just rocks in the north east, and The City is big on X-mas decor.
  • Options
    Lycander wrote:
    Thanks. I'm not a big fan of big cities. NYC is just 2 hours from me, but the bloody train takes 4 hours. I go down there on occasion for fun and games. But yeah, NY is cool. Especially around this time of year when autumn just rocks in the north east, and The City is big on X-mas decor.

I went in June 2004, and I absolutely loved it. I think I'm going to go at New Year next time for all the fun and games. :D
  • Options
    Ah close enough then ;) Well either way, glad to see another one here. Lets over take the damn brits on here :p
  • Options
    america is such a cool place to visit
  • Options
    MrG wrote:
    america is such a cool place to visit
    LOL. Grass is always greener on the other side. Over here you'll always catch Americans wanting to visit Europe.
    my_name wrote:
    Lets over take the damn brits on here
    It's the Revolutionary war all over again, I'll fetch my musket :P hehehe.
    I went in June 2004, and I absolutely loved it. I think I'm going to go at New Year next time for all the fun and games.
    Hope you like large crowds, I generally just sit at home and watch the ball drop on the tube. If you do come over I'll buy you a round.
  • Options
    Lycander wrote:

Hope you like large crowds, I generally just sit at home and watch the ball drop on the tube. If you do come over I'll buy you a round.

Whats your sport and whos your teams!

I find baseball to be extremly dull and I just cannot get away from the sox right now! (Though I did watch the end last night and it was interesting, oh whats happening :p)
  • Options
    Football, I'm a Giants fan. Here's a quick excert from my LiveJournal:

Wow what a weekend! A football game that pits brother against brother, father against son.

Sunday 4:15pm - Denver Broncos at NY Giants stadium.

My brother is a Broncos fan, my step-dad and I are Giants fans. In the second half, the Giants were down by 13 points. They caught up and were down by 6 in the 4th quarter. Now... all the while my brother was putting on a show, boasting and raving about how his Broncos were going to win. Meanwhile my dad and I are glaring at him, throwing threats his way, and just moping.

But yeah, when they finally caught up to the point where they only need one touchdown, then the extra point kick, and the game would be their's. 8 seconds left in the game... TOUCHDOWN!!!! Then of course they made the extra point.

What really burns my brother is that the Broncos missed a 40-ish yard field goal that would have sealed the game for them. After all that bragging, my bro had to eat his hat, and my dad and I loved every minute of it :P
  • Options
    Oh good choice with the Giants. ;)
    Football is so the best sport to watch.