Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

should poland leave the EU

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
after electing a presisdent and party based upon removing gay people's equal rights, anti-german xenophobia and bringing back the death penalty

if they actually implement heir plans should they be stripped of EU membership?

people mainly voted for them it seems from reading because they wanted to stop the privitisation and flat tax reduction etc

Comments

• Options
    Have you got annoying-thread-producing diarrhoea this morning?
  • Options
    Kentish wrote:

I'm trying to avoid the usual drivile etc just because you don't like it :yum:
  • Options
    Link?

But yes, if they were to introduce the death penalty they should be kicked out at once. There is no room in the EU for such barbarities.
  • Options
    Do none of the current EU members have the death penalty?

I think when you join the EU you have to submit to EU law and I am pretty sure that within that it would be difficult to take away Gay rights.

Beofre getting all high and mighty it would be worth looking at ourselves first.

Our current govt has flaunted EU human rights laws with respect to terror suspects etc, the immigration policy of both the main parties is highly racist/xenophobic and the Tories would certainly reintroduce the death penalty if they thought they could get away with it...........
  • Options
    No, not of the EU countries has the death penalty. One of the main conditions for Turkey ever joining the EU was for them to ditch the death penalty- which I believe they've agreed to.
  • Options
    should poland leave the EU?

If the country wants to leave the EU, then why should they not?

I hope they stick two fingers up to the wretched thing and give it a loud "fuck off!!!", on the vast majority of Englands behalf.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Kentish wrote:
    He has that everyday....
  • Options
    Toadborg wrote:
    Do none of the current EU members have the death penalty?

I think when you join the EU you have to submit to EU law and I am pretty sure that within that it would be difficult to take away Gay rights.

Beofre getting all high and mighty it would be worth looking at ourselves first.

Our current govt has flaunted EU human rights laws with respect to terror suspects etc, the immigration policy of both the main parties is highly racist/xenophobic and the Tories would certainly reintroduce the death penalty if they thought they could get away with it...........

yeh but we're doing it the subversive way, using the bombings in july as an excuse

and off topic
    and shut the fuck up to those moaning, dont like my thread, don't read it
  • Options
    Your threads are stupid. Its just one or two lines of explanation and then a link to the bbc website.
  • Options
    Your threads are stupid. Its just one or two lines of explanation and then a link to the bbc website.

its my brief view on things as i like to see what other people think of it 1st, instead of just reading my proper argument and having a go at that.....

its called trying to get people to express their viewpoints instead of your one sentence answers to an actual question
  • Options
    The EU is stripping away our sovereignty and handing it over to corrupt, dictictorial official only looking out for themselves and not the public. Britain should leave the EU as soon as possible.
  • Options
    Britain should get more involved in the EU than it is.
  • Options
    Neo-Con C4 wrote:
    The EU is stripping away our sovereignty and handing it over to corrupt, dictictorial official only looking out for themselves and not the public. Britain should leave the EU as soon as possible.

What are you blathering on about?

You could write headlines for "The Daily Mail" with such nonsense like that.
  • Options
    They have machines for that now you know...

http://www.qwghlm.co.uk/toys/dailymail/
  • Options
    What are you blathering on about?

You could write headlines for "The Daily Mail" with such nonsense like that.

Great, I could do with the money (and also put a stop to those lurid headlines about asylum seekers).
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Aladdin wrote:
    Britain should get more involved in the EU than it is.
    :yes:

The EU is the way forward. It should become more united and therefore stronger.

Poland ... like I expected anything more from Poland, it is strongly Catholic.
  • Options
    The whole of Europe is failing - and with the way Labour is taking the country at the moment we are going to be sucked down with the whole lot of them.
  • Options
    Agreed!
  • Options
    The whole of Europe is failing
    According to the nay-sayers Europe has been "failing" for so many decades now, it's nothing short of a miracle it hasn't finished failing yet. It should be on a par with the likes of Sudan and Ethiopia, if the europhobes' doomsday predictions are to be believed. Funny then that it remains the biggest trading block in the world and second to none regarding many key industries.

and with the way Labour is taking the country at the moment we are going to be sucked down with the whole lot of them.
    Would this be the same Labour government that has taken the country to its best, most sustained and prosperous era in modern history?

What has changed in the last few months exactly?
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    Would this be the same Labour government that has taken the country to its best, most sustained and prosperous era in modern history?

What has changed in the last few months exactly?

Wrong again! The Major administration took Britain to its best, most sustained and prosperous era in modern history, Tony Blair and Gordon Brown are merely benefiting from it.
  • Options
    I suggest you look at some facts and figures.

You can also look up the meaning of the term "economic stability".

And then, check out "boom and bust".
  • Options
    You spend too much time forcing on 1988-1992 economic situation and not enough time on the state of the economy between 1993-1997
  • Options
    Neo-Con C4 wrote:

...and in doing so hit the UK economically. Yes, the EU is dictatorial to an extent - but as a profit-driven organisation, it should be right up your street. In fact, anyone who supports capitalism should be right behind the EU - anything esle is illogical.
  • Options
    Just another period in the boom and bust cycle.

Labour gave the markets and the country at large the stability and security the Tories could never manage.

It also gave the Bank of England the freedom to set interest rates.

In all, an infinitely better, more prosperous and better economic proposition than any Tory government in modern history.
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    Just another period in the boom and bust cycle.

Labour gave the markets and the country at large the stability and security the Tories could never manage.

It also gave the Bank of England the freedom to set interest rates.

In all, an infinitely better, more prosperous and better economic proposition than any Tory government in modern history.

btw it was the lib dems idea to give the bank of england independance in decsio making
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    The whole of Europe is failing...

So is the USA - should they disband into seperate states again? I know alot of Texans have wanted to for a long time.

The Capitalist economy works like this - boom and bust. It goes up and down. I am sure you know this.

Europe has benefitted it's members economically. Europe is also a necessary thing for smaller countries. We can hardly stand alone in this time of giants like China and the USA.

As far as I see it, the EU is a great thing for any person of your views. Big, Strong, Money-making... why do you dislike it so?
  • Options
    According to the nay-sayers Europe has been "failing" for so many decades now,

Yes, since about 1914.

But now its all about demographics - people power. And by 2050 the USA will have more people than the whole of the EU.
    It should be on a par with the likes of Sudan and Ethiopia

If the EU was a US state it would come 46th in the productivity table - next to Alabama.

This is the Labour government which has undermined the private sector - the engine of any modren economy - by sucking up more and more of the nations wealth on useless and unnecessary welfare projects.
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:

The Capitalist economy works like this - boom and bust. It goes up and down. I am sure you know this.

http://www.benbest.com/polecon/buscycle.html
    Europe has benefitted it's members economically. Europe is also a necessary thing for smaller countries. We can hardly stand alone in this time of giants like China and the USA.

Liechenstein is doing very well for itself.
  • Options
    Yes, since about 1914.
    Funny concept of the word "failing" you have... :rolleyes:
    But now its all about demographics - people power. And by 2050 the USA will have more people than the whole of the EU.
    What does the USA has to do with anything?

Although if you are suggesting that Britain should cut ties with the EU because of this, then forget about the USA as well. We should link ourselves to China and no-one else.

I'm sure a free market capitalist like you would love that. :D

If the EU was a US state it would come 46th in the productivity table - next to Alabama.
    Oh yeah? How about financial power?

This is the Labour government which has undermined the private sector - the engine of any modren economy - by sucking up more and more of the nations wealth on useless and unnecessary welfare projects.
    Funny. Virtually everyone else in the UK is saying this Labour government is sucking up to the private sector like no government has done before.

What news have you been watching?
  • Options
    Funny concept of the word "failing" you have...

Failing as in : irrelevent. Militarily, economically, politically - the governments of what is now the EU have been declining in importance ever since they decided to hurl themselves against each other in WW1.
    What does the USA has to do with anything?

Strategic politics, but its not just the USA - its India, China, Japan, Australia and the other Pacific Rim nations.
    Although if you are suggesting that Britain should cut ties with the EU because of this, then forget about the USA as well. We should link ourselves to China and no-one else.

A link with China would be better than flogging the dead horse of European integration.
    Oh yeah? How about financial power?

What about it? THe only financial power worth anything in the EU is here in the City of London - which by the way is about to be snuffed out by Euro regulation. As for the Euro - forget it - it wont last 10 years.
    What news have you been watching?

THe news which says that the state is now requisitioning close to 50% of the nations wealth for its own purposes at the expense of everything that keeps the economy afloat.