Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

URGENT: Make banks think twice about charging for withdrawls!!!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
In view of the banks decision to charge £2.50 for cash withdrawals it has been suggested that customers fight back. Unfortunately as everyone needs a bank account it is very difficult to make any inroads.<P class="body">Here's the idea going round now: On 1 April everyone issues 5 of their friends a cheque for 0.01p and everyone cashes the cheques on 3 April. This could cause a huge inconvenience to the banks and their clearing systems and will cost the banks money. Email all your mates and anyone who might want to take part. Obviously the greater the uptake the greater the inconvenience!!!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Excellent idea -- I'll definitely be doing it. Those bastards make so much money out of us anyway.<P class="body">ANyone know of a bank which has a good rep for being nice to customers and moral in its investments?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Yes, the Co-op, and another bank based outside London - can't remember the name.<P class="body">I'm still paying off ny overdraft asap so I can get away from the 'bollocking bank'.