Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Head Rush

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i keep getting serious head rushes. Like basically almost every time i stand up and its pissing me off, feel like im about to keel back over each time i stand up, and i do keep trying to remember to stand up slowly but tis a bit long trying to always remember to get up slow! Could there be anything wrong with me like poor circulation or something?? anyone have any idea???

Comments

• Options
    can be down to your blood pressure. i have low blood pressure and it's almost guaranteed that if it stand up too fast, i will nearly black out. there's nothing wrong wrong, my blood is just a bit lazy.

if it started happening suddenly definitely get it checked out. best to be safe than sorry
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    I get these all the time - So, is it low blood pressure then? Oh, balls. I hoped it was nothing. ;(

How can I put my blood pressure up?
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Hmm, ok. It's just worrying me if it is :P I am probably a prime candidate for it though - underweight for my age. Get high with not much weed (often caused by low blood pressure - but could just be my tolerance.) And head rushes...

Hmm. I'll maybe look into it when I can be arsed - go to doctors or something.
  • Options
    happens to me, I always thought it was 'cos I'm rather tall.

Staying hydrated tends to help :yes:
  • Options
    my blood pressure has been on the lazy side for over 10 years and i am still kicking. unless it's massively low, it's not a huge deal (at least none of the many doctors and nurses who have checked it over the years have ever been hugely bothered).

get up more slowly if getting up fast makes you space out. also make sure you're eating enough and regularly. job's a good'un :thumb:
  • Options
    its not like i though i was gonna die or anything :) just its started happening well badly, tis pissing me off. Ill be sitting on the floor, get up, and have to sit down again cos i got such a bad head rush. Dont know why its suddenly happening so bad. And i always forget, stand up, and then think im gonna fall over. If its happening to everyone its ok cos were all fuck ups who are going to die from the head rush disease :D
  • Options
    just because it's not likely to kill you doesn't mean you shouldn't get it checked out. anything that starts happening suddenly could be a sign of something else. or it could be nothing. but if it's as bad as you say, it's a good idea to find out.
  • Options
    Postural hypotension advice here