Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Burley kicked out by Romanov

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Dunno if any of you have heard this story over the past few days, but Hearts manager George Burley was sacked bu Hearts majority Shareholder Vladimir Romanov. Or "mutually agreed to part ways due to irreconcilable differences" as they like to put it.

Link.

Prick, what the fuck was he thinking? Burley is by far the best manager in Scotland just now, he manged to take Hearts to the top of the fucking league, and see them unbeaten in 10 games. Romanov is trying to interfere waaay too much with the team, he should just let the fucking manager do his job.

Sir Bobby Robson is being tipped as the favourite to replace Burley. That would be strange. let me tell you...

Thoughts?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    I was completely shocked when I found out. It just doesn't seem to make any sort of sense considering Hearts are on top form at the moment.

Bobby Robson at Hearts?!? Yes, that would be weird.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Dunno if any of you have heard this story over the past few days, but Hearts manager George Burley was sacked bu Hearts majority Shareholder Vladimir Romanov. Or "mutually agreed to part ways due to irreconcilable differences" as they like to put it.

Link.

Prick, what the fuck was he thinking? Burley is by far the best manager in Scotland just now, he manged to take Hearts to the top of the fucking league, and see them unbeaten in 10 games. Romanov is trying to interfere waaay too much with the team, he should just let the fucking manager do his job.

Sir Bobby Robson is being tipped as the favourite to replace Burley. That would be strange. let me tell you...

Thoughts?

romanov was basically telling burley what to do and burley had had enough, i'd be the same , whats the point in managing a team if your not allowed to fully manage it?... shame for hearts cause this could fuck their season up royally
    Hmmm...no-one really knows that Romanov was interfering with the actual team...certainly he may have been buying the players, but it's all quite sketchy.

If Bobby Robson is appointed, i reckon Romanov's interference is over-hyped...Robson i'm sure (or any other internationally acclaimed manager) wouldn't take a job where's effectively a puppet.

Also remember this isn't the first instance of Burley not getting on with those above him...
    Whilst i agree that the manager should have overall control of the team and have overall say in matters is it not also right that the very man who is providing them with the money to make them a new force to be reckoned with he should be able to be invovled in team affairs and have a say in who he wants and all that malarky.

Again let me stress that i do believe the manager should have overall control and say.

Either way Burley leaving is a big shock for hearts and i hope that it doesnt affect their season because they have made a cracking start to the season and i hope they maintain it.

Bobby Robson .. Right man for the job ?
    Not sure about Bobby Robson. He is a geriatric like. They need someone top-notch to fill the boots quick though. The team are on form and the last thing they need is a long dragged out transitional stage.
    addicted7 wrote:
    Not sure about Bobby Robson. He is a geriatric like. They need someone top-notch to fill the boots quick though. The team are on form and the last thing they need is a long dragged out transitional stage.

But Robson is top-notch. Getting a younger manager of similar stature wouldn't be easy for any SPL team which ain't Old Firm. Robson would be the best choice imho - Scala's in the picture as well apparently, but he can barely speak English. I reckon it'll be Robson.