Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

P Diddy: asked to create McDonald's uniforms

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    that is cool
    my bad know i know ur like this i will let u say ur thhing thunderstruck
    Haha. And I'll let you say your thing too. *Group Hug!*
    u cool lol *hug*
    Ok here goes. McDonalds don't exactly employ people with PhDs and MAs to flip their burgers. Generally and I mean no offence to anyone who works there but, I find the McDonalds staff to be generally unhelpful and completely stupid. Now I haven't been in about 8 years so things might have changed but the impression when I was last there 8 years ago was that the staff were spotty, unwashed and mentally subnormal.

There.

I've actually known a few degree and post-grad students work in McDonalds to make ends meet while studying. You might also consider that in some places, they're the only jobs available. If you had to work in a shithole like McDonalds, you'd probably be unhelpful too.
    Know I did my time behind a flipper when I was a uni, don't remember being mentally subnormal though...
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Jim V wrote:
    Know I did my time behind a flipper when I was a uni, don't remember being mentally subnormal though...

Exactly. McDonalds are actually excellent employers and it's an excellent job for students.
    Weekender Offender 
    Apart from the low pay, shit conditions and anti-union stance of course.
    as i started working for them there nice ppl and i am nice to the other ppl thapay for are food but i am on pills so i never see the down side to anything hehehehe
    I'd certainly never claim it was a great place to work, just that I worked with some great people.
    nice to know i work with the none brian ppl so i fit in
    Jim V wrote:

I already put a disclaimer in my original post but apologies again. Must just be the ones who worked in the Winchester branch.
    Wow, you must have some great McDonalds there. I have never been to one where the people aren't notiorusly (can't spell) grungy, stank, non english speaking and honestly just a total moron. And thats NOT generalizing. I'd love to see someone halfway decent work at one but I have never. I wish I could say I wasn't speaking the truth.
    Where do you live? Wheres Illnois?

It really annoys me that people assume that the staff at Mc'Donalds are stupid. I'm not going to lie, there is some morons working for the company but a vast majority of the staff working for the company nowadays are studying for a degree or at least some kind of college qualification.

At my company if you don't work, you get sacked. Simple as.

Wow, they talk about American education being bad yet you don't know a state's name when you hear one? Its in the midwest, where it says IL. http://www.somers.k12.ny.us/SIS/MAIN/sis/research/gr.3research/world/usa_lge_map.jpg

I'm not disrespecting anybody who works there that does in fact have potential. However, where I grew up, (that would be the "MN" on the map) there was nobody who worked at the 2 mcdonalds who graduated highschool, literally. The best of the managers had a GED. (good enough diploma) Every McDonalds I've gone to here in Chicago, I've not been to one where there aren't complete idiots working. Of all the jobs I've had, I end up never going there on lunch as their english is worse than my spelling. I don't want to spend 10 minutes in the drive thru trying to figure out if they are going to get my burger with no pickles. Its a rarity when they do get it right. My boyfriend who has lived here all his life, can walk into pretty much any McDonalds and tell me just how long every employee has been working there, most of them are lifers.

Prevously I stated that the McDonalds *here* are filled with incompetent workers. I did not say that every one everywhere is and thats how it will always be, and that it would actually be refreshing to see somebody decent who does work in one. I'm sure there are some clean decent smart people working there. I have no disrespect for them. They are making their own money to pay their way to things. They don't live off mommy and daddy. And if McDonalds pays what they need then good for them. I stated *my* experience and it is just completly irrational for anybody to take offense to what I have witnessed as it is only one persons observation from somewhere that you don't even know of. Stop trying to prove your point. Its taken, now take mine in that things are different in different places and what I write is simply what I see and NOWHERE did I fucking dis the decent McDonalds workers.
    my_name wrote:
    Wow, they talk about American education being bad yet you don't know a state's name when you hear one? Its in the midwest, where it says IL.

Sorry can you tell me where Wiltshire in England is, without looking at a map?
    Weekender Offender 
    Skive wrote:
    Sorry can you tell me where Wiltshire in England is, without looking at a map?

Thats a city, I couldn't even tell you exactly where Tulsa is without looking at a map. If England had states I could tell you where they were. Cities are miniscule. But where you're going with that coomment is far from me. That is the farthest thing from the actual subject of this thread.
    my_name wrote:
    Thats a city. If England had states I could tell you where they were. Cities are miniscule.

It's not a city it's a county, but yes you're right it's still pretty small compared to a US state. Have a go at this then.

And this may be far from the original subject but I thought I'd make my point in reply to this:
    my_name wrote:
    Wow, they talk about American education being bad yet you don't know a state's name when you hear one?
    Weekender Offender 
    I already put a disclaimer in my original post but apologies again. Must just be the ones who worked in the Winchester branch.

Arrogant though it may seem to be quoting myself, I feel I need to as this thing has been seriously overblown. Girl_interrupted, you've got completely the wrong end of this e-stick. Despite having quoted my entire post, you seemed to neglect the third sentence.

I was speaking from my experience. Are you suggesting my experience is wrong? Are you telling me that those spotty retards who last served me in Winchester 8 years ago were in fact a figment of my imagination? Did I suggest for one second that they were indicative of the rest of the McDonald's employees? The answers to all of these questions is quite clearly no. I was saying exactly exactly what happened to me in my experience and I meant no offence to anyone who has worked there or who currently works there which I previously stated.

So please inwardly digest what I've written before venting your spleen upon me.

However, just to annoy you, I'll say it again. I hate McDonalds and I wouldn't fucking eat there if you paid me and wouldn't work there if my life depended on it.
    Are you suggesting my experience is wrong?

No, but I am.

I suspect that the people weren't "stupid" or "rude". I expect that it was indeed you who is one of those arrogant nobheads who think that you can treat staff in these place like shit. I expect you already thought they were stupid, and talked to them as such- in which case, I don't blame them for being rude.

Girl Interrupted wasn't the only one to "misunderstand" your arrogant claptrap. JimV did too- are you saying he's mistaken? So did Blagsta. I also thought the same- are we all wrong or something?

I did a similar menial job, pushing trollies around Tescos. The abuse I got for being thick was unbelievable, strange how they shut up when I threw trollies at them using long words. Oddly enough, I was rude and unhelpful to the arrogant pricks who thought they were better than me.

My Name: I know this will come as something of a shock to you, but the whole world does not revolve around the United States. I happen to know where Illinois is- I suspect you couldn't say the same about Yorkshire.
    Kermit wrote:
    I did a similar menial job, pushing trollies around Tescos. The abuse I got for being thick was unbelievable, strange how they shut up when I threw trollies at them using long words. Oddly enough, I was rude and unhelpful to the arrogant pricks who thought they were better than me.

So did I for two long years but I was never rude or unhelpful no matter how big a dickhead the customer was being. I just grinned and bore it and thanked God I wouldn't be there all my life.

I make a point, having done a series of menial jobs in my time, of always being nice to staff because I know what it's like to be on the other end of some cunt who thinks he's better than you just because he's on the other side of the bar or isn't wearing a Tesco shirt. So please don't think I've been wrapped in cotton wool all this time because I haven't. Maybe I should have stated this first time around.

Arrogrant claptrap it may be, but don't tell me I don't know what it's like to be in those situations because I very much do know. And I still maintain that those fuckers in McDs were being rude and unhelpful and that I was not being an 'arrogant knobhead'.
    You've been served a number of times by 'spotty retards'? You could tell this simply from giving them a food order?
    Weekender Offender 
    Skive wrote:
    You've been served a number of times by 'spotty retards'? You could tell this simply from giving them a food order?

Well the spotty bit was evident enough. Retard is perhaps a little strong but they didn't seem to care about my order, I had to repeat it three times and it was still wrong when it came. A more fitting noun anyone?

I never said it was a number of times, just that one time 8 years ago in Winchester. It may well have changed since but I don't know thus I go on my last experience which was that one.
    No, Maccy's is not an ideal place to work. At the end of the day you come out smelling of chips and grease, and usually get one rude customer that gives you problem.

But in terms of flexability working, its quite good.

Everyone has had a bad expereince with Maccy's. Sometimes it's the staff and sometimes its the customer which messes up.

Thunderstruck: Your comments about the staff was kinda harsh. It made me chuckle a bit tho.

And yes, it does help to make ends meet whilst at uni/college etc. But its the thing of once you are finished working there, like for good, you NEVER go back.
    chan-chan wrote:
    But in terms of flexability working, its quite good.

Which is why I found them to be an excellent employer.
    Weekender Offender