Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Eye brow waxing

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Does it hurt to get your eye brows waxed?

Comments

• Options
    Totally depends on your pain threshold, it's not like getting licked by puppies but it's not *that* bad either. Just beware though, you'll beam all the way home if you do get it done :D
  • Options
    It doesn't hurt much at all, much quicker than plucking and even if it does hurt it is over and done with much quicker than pulling out a few hairs many times with tweezers.
  • Options
    It's not that bad, you just have a red face.

My mum used one of the home kit things yesterday that'd been sitting in the bathroom for about two months. The wax didn't come off and she had sticky eyelids and eyebrows all day and her eyebrows were still majorly bushy ;p. I laughed ;o.
  • Options
    nah its not that bad :) i sometimes use veet wax strips to tidy my eyebrows up and it doesnt really hurt at all :) i would actually say that plucking is more painful than waxing.. espcially with individual hairs
  • Options
    Naaah, eyebrow waxing is easy stuff!! I actually enjoy having it done! It makes your eyes water for the first couple of goes, but you do get used to it.

I love the tea tree stuff they use on them afterwards! Yum :yum:

Ilora x
  • Options
    I get mine done for a fiver and its totally worth it. Yes it hurts but not a lot, and waaaay less than plucking.
  • Options
    i get mine waxed, it hurts yes but its only for a second
    worth the result
  • Options
    i get mine threaded, it kills like f**k but looks more nautural cos its more accurate
  • Options
    more u have then more you get used to it
  • Options
    I had mine waxed and shaped last week and the waxing didn't hurt but the plucking starting to get annoying towards the end. I felt like crying though when i first came out because my brows were quite bushy before and then they went to plucked shaped brows and i was shocked. Looked like a startled drag queen :D Now i've got used to them and think they look a lot better than before :)
  • Options
    I don't mind it - I think if you have plucked your eyebrows for years before hand - the pain threshold in that area rises.
  • Options
    Yes-waxing hurts but you get a really clean look--if your concerned about pain there is this techniques called threading--it is supposed to be painless-
  • Options
    Yes-waxing hurts but you get a really clean look--if your concerned about pain there is this techniques called threading--it is supposed to be painless-

Waxing in the eyebrow area is pretty much painless too. Threading is a joke though. I had it done once. The other girls liked it but I thought it was a waste. I made them stop and just use wax.
  • Options
    Good to know-I was thinking about trying it.
  • Options
    Iluv2party wrote:
    i get mine threaded, it kills like f**k but looks more nautural cos its more accurate
    Yeh I would have thought that threading is much better than waxing. My mate gets her eyebrows thredded and they look so neat!
  • Options
    I got my eye brows done on Tuesday and it hurt a little bit but not much. Was worth it anyway.
  • Options
    I have mine done. The first salon I went to for it didn't really hurt that much, but then the lady there never gave my eyebrows a nice shape. Where I go now hurts quite a bit but I look so much better afterwards its worth it. Plus, it doesn't cost a lot. :yes:
  • Options
    Iluv2party wrote:

Whats threading? :confused:

I think eyebrow waxing hurts quite a bit. But its over in like a minute, and your eyebrows look so much better, so its worth it. The only thing I hate is when she plucks a few stray ones after I've had them waxed, argh it kills!
  • Options
    Whats threading? :confused:

It's an old indian technique where they use a cotton thread, twist and roll it along the hair and then lift the hair out.