Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

X factor

Comments

• littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Again, I simply don't understand the British public. Who on Earth can honestly say Chico is a competant singer? Surely to win something like X Factor, you'd at least be able to sing first!?

Personally I like Chico. I think he has energy and is entertaining. You don't need to be able to sing well to be successful. Just look at the charts. However, I would see Chico live as I think he is a good entertainer.
    Oh and what's with Nicholas getting through, he's so mediocre it's laughable.

Tonight he was shit. Yes.
    Chenai had drive, ambition and pure talent, all she needed was some professional tuition.

But she was whiney and annoying and that puts people off her.
    Brenda is the only person left with raw talent. Brenda to win.

Completely disagree with this. Andy and Journey South both have raw talent. However, I don't think Journey South will appeal to that many out there.
    Kat_B wrote:
    btw, why do they keep going on about the hard time andy's had over the weeks?

Because his mother has just died and he has spent most of this week in Greneda sorting out her funeral.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    oh i didn't know that.. poor him.
    chenai's mouth is way too big, it freaked me out to watch her sing. and she was a crap singer too - i didnt like her one bit.

chico can sing.. sure hes not on the level of andy but i'd rather watch him.

nicholas was so bad tonight, he sounded so flat but thats probably the choice of song.

shayne is so fuckable omg
    lipsy wrote:

shayne is so fuckable omg

:yes: wasnt too keen on the song he did tonight but uno... wouldnt say no!
    Top three - Shayne, Brenda and Andy. I think, anyway.

I see why Simon did what he did tonight - he wanted Louis to have the deciding vote. I think in all fairness, if Sion had have had the deciding vote he would have kept Chenai.

And also, it's not Chenai's fault that they kept showing the footage of her saying she wanted to do it for her family. She just asnwers their questions for the camera, the producers etc put the footage together and they play on it for her.

I think she did well tonight, far better than Nicholas. I wanted her to stay. Get fucking Chico out though!
    I can't stand the Conway Sisters. I think they are absolutley awful. I think Shane is the same as everything else out there and don't like him, but has huge viewer potential and lots of people will like him. Chico can't sing, but is entertaining in a strange way. I love Andy, Brenda and Maria, I think they are all fab, and Journey South aren't bad either. Nicholas is boring to me, and I didn't like Chenai personally.

Well thats my thoughts on everyone. I want Andy to win :D
    Brenda is the only person left with raw talent.

um. Maria? Andy? Conways?
    omg hi wrote:
    Conways?

Are you deaf?
    Glad Chenai is gone... and although I hate to say it, I have a feeling Chico might win... he can't sing overly well, but he has that "x factor" that they are looking for.
    I can't stand the Conway Sisters. I think they are absolutley awful
    Hooray, I thought I was the only one that thought that.
    Is andy the dude who tried to sing swing?? If that's who I'm thinking of, then you're all mad!!!! :crazyeyes He's awful!!!!!

Ilora x
    andy's not my thing but you can't say he's awful!! he's got a fantastic voice and he just seems like such a nice guy...
    I only watched the first show on saturday so didnt know who went out. I liked Chenai, I cant stand the conways or chico. I hope nicolas or shayne win.
    Anyone else think that the only reason Chico is still there because of the way he acts when he sings?

Totally agreed with Kat B on Andy.
    Shayne or the brothers to win (forgot their name) to win.
    Tweety wrote:
    Shayne or the brothers to win (forgot their name) to win.

Journey South... they were very good acoustically, I must admit.

Ohh :wave: btw ;)
    Smash wrote:
    Are you deaf?

possibly :p

no, i really liked them when they sang 'you raise me up' :yes:
    Hooray, I thought I was the only one that thought that.

No, I think that too :yes:
    Eul Grepus wrote:

Ohh :wave: btw ;)

:wave: :)
    I'm looking forward to tonight!

Apparantly Chico is singing Enrique Iglesias' 'Hero' for his friend who has cancer. I fear it could be excrutiatingly awful.

I dunno who I want to go tonight. Think the Conways will be in the bottom 2. I hate them but kinda don't want them to go cos then Simon will only have 1 act left!

Can't really see any of the over 25s going except for Chico. Reckon Sharon has the strongest contestants this year.
    Omg wtf tbh.

Conways should have been gone tonight. They were by far the worst.
    it seems to me there's a psychological battle between the judges, of course the black girl was better but Sharon had 4 people in the contest, she seemed to be getting total control with her contestants so Louis stopped that a bit, and there seems to be personal battles there aswell with the judges which effects some of the voting aswell.
    Omg wtf tbh.

Conways should have been gone tonight. They were by far the worst.
    Maria should not have left. In my opnion, in the final sing-off, Maria and the Conways were about equal, but Maria's stunning vocals previously should have ridden her through easily.
    turlough wrote:
    it seems to me there's a psychological battle between the judges, of course the black girl was better but Sharon had 4 people in the contest, she seemed to be getting total control with her contestants so Louis stopped that a bit, and there seems to be personal battles there aswell with the judges which effects some of the voting aswell.

Yanno, I think you could've had a point ...
    turlough wrote:
    The thing is, Sharon leads the way with experience. She knows EXACTLY what people want from an artist and can manipulate her artists to match that. Lious has a minor amount of experience, but nothing that can hold up agaisnt Sharon and Simon has basically ground-level touching experience.
    The thing is, Sharon leads the way with experience. She knows EXACTLY what people want from an artist and can manipulate her artists to match that. Lious has a minor amount of experience, but nothing that can hold up agaisnt Sharon and Simon has basically ground-level touching experience.

What planet have you been living on? Sharon (a rock stars wife) has no experience with the music industry whatsoever. Simon and Lious are the veterans.
    turlough wrote:
    What planet have you been living on? Sharon (a rock stars wife) has no experience with the music industry whatsoever. Simon and Lious are the veterans.

Are you aware that Sharon also manages Ozzy and did so back in the day? As far as I was aware (so correct me if I'm wrong) her father was a record producer guy and he refused to sign Black Sabbath originally, but Sharon liked them and took them on herself.

Thats what I heard, anyway. Back to X-Factor...

I wasn't Maria's biggest fan, but she should've stayed tonight. The Conways are awful. And I think Sharon was completely right to say it is all over a passport. Every week, Louis has to mention that they are Irish. He did the same with Phillip. The Conways will be out next week, without a doubt.

SHAYNE TO WIN OMG.
    Are you aware that Sharon also manages Ozzy and did so back in the day?.

If she manages ozzy then she is a shit manager, I had 2 tickets to see him play here and he cancelled both gigs :p
    turlough wrote:
    If she manages ozzy then she is a shit manager, I had 2 tickets to see him play here and he cancelled both gigs :p

lol. No offence, but Ozzy isn't my thing. I think Sharon was shit last series, but I think she's been far better this time and she's taking it far more seriously.