Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

The big NYE 05/06

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Anyone made any plans yet?

There are a number of events that look amazing, slammin at the NEC looking the best.

Unfortunately for me though i shalnt be attending any events as my girl is only 17 and i dont want to leave her on her own.
NYE 06/07 will be the shit however and we shall be visiting the biggest and bestest nye rave going.
Until then will just have to settle for smaller nights in local clubs.. :crazyeyes

Just was wondering if anyone else had made any plans yet or does everyone wait until the last minute?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    According to my guitarist, I think we're playing a paid gig on both xmas eve and new years eve, slightly different to what i had planned, but I guess I'm not complaining!
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    I don't do raving on NYE.

I find it far better to get in a ton of drugs and neck em after the pub.
    Weekender Offender 
    I'm taking myself and Mrs. Thunderstruck to the Galapagos Islands for New Year, though she doesn't know this yet!
    to see the turtles?
    Yup and swim with sea lions too. Should be good.
    i am going to go to the nce lol no no hell no i will take umm.. fire up some weed and get high or do fall time sounds good all day that day yer
    I definitely reccomend slammin' vinyl,

i went on saturday and it was incredible,. . . . :hyper:

you shouldn't worry about your g/f getting in, they don't check anyones i.d. one of my friends is 17, and there were lots of underage people there that looked about 14....... trust me a bag of pills some glow sticks and your away!!! :thumb:
    have you got any more information on the slammin vinyl scooby doo? thank you.
    NYE is too much pressure to spend too much money on one night, its virtually always a let down because if its not the best night of the year you feel really ripped off.
    bongbudda wrote:
    NYE is too much pressure to spend too much money on one night, its virtually always a let down because if its not the best night of the year you feel really ripped off.

Yeah i suppose you have a point there, every single event held by every single promoter always promises theirs to be the best event of all time and 99% of the time i've been to better.
    Jinx wrote:
    have you got any more information on the slammin vinyl scooby doo? thank you.

Slammin's website

and this might interest some of you, The hardcore toolbar!
    I've got this installed and its great, instant links to all the club sites and has a streaming radio thingy built in :)
    Sadly, the only plans that have been discussed as of right now is this party that my aunt is throwing with my whole extended family.... it sounds like an awesome time.... if they were my cousins, but they aren't.... I better not get stuck with them on the biggest night of the year!!! :no:
    I work, which aint all bad, as I'm get more pay and at the end of the night. Our supervisor lets us have our own party with free drink. SO aint all bad.

Though if I wasn't working, I'd still not go out. I prefer organising a house party instead as it's cheaper and no queues to get drink.
    Almost always guaranteed that it will be a mahoooosive let down if you go to some big club/party thing.

House parties are the way forward.

Also - getting home after anything is always a ball ache.