Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

So how are all you fresher's finding it?

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Owing to the fact that the Student forum is currently the most boring one behind Relationships, I thought for once I'd start a thread and hopefully kick start something worth reading.

I'm in my 3rd year but I seem to remember a load of people on here who've just gone off to uni so I want to hear how everything's going. Settling in ok? Bed-hopping, stealing traffic cones, vomiting everywhere and then pulling the hockey team. How's it all going?

Incidentally, I have no idea why I put the apostrophe in the title. My apologies.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I was going to abuse you for your poor grammar but you've pointed it out yourself.

I have nothing else to add.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    My first essay is due in roughly 6 hours time, its half done and I've just come in from a night on the piss.

Things are great over here :thumb:
  • Options
    Kentish wrote:
    I was going to abuse you for your poor grammar but you've pointed it out yourself.

I have nothing else to add.

Cheers Kentish, I can always count on you. :thumb:
  • Options
    It's getting better, slowly but surely.
  • Options
    been here for just under 4 weeks now and im loving it!! :hyper:
    the course im doing is a bit more 'extreme' than i thought it would be, but thankfully have not had any big assignments or essays yet (soon though! :( )

been put in with the best hall mates i could have asked for, people on my course are nice.. and the student union and the events there arent half bad :D plus im not homesick in the slightest which is another blessing!

went to a german beer event thing earlier this week which was good! only bad thing was that i got a teeny bit too pissed and ended up blubbing all over everyone and generally making a complete tit of myself! but oh well ;)

hopefully the upcoming weeks will be just as good as the ones just passed!!
  • Options
    im in my 2nd yr as a fresher (was at a different uni last yr) and yeah, im loving it! fab housemates, love my course, love the uni, love the city. its all good!
  • Options
    Can't imagine a better place tbh. Going to a few lectures, got a few essays due in soon so will have to get my head down to the books soon enough. Other than that, loads of new mates, loads of drinkinhg...loads of mad antics at night. Just excellent in general.
  • Options
    Ah I miss it. But I've been running some of the freshers' events so all the stress and late nights without the fun new-ness!
  • Options
    I'm enjoying uni.... My course is perfect for me, I've made lots of new friends and I love Kingston. I'm a mature student however so really I don't do pulling. Don't wanna be a kiddy fiddler.
  • Options
    Im really likin uni, werent so sure at first, but now ive made some really good mates, and im really enjoyin it, threw a halloween party last nite, it went really well
  • Options
    It's great fun. Always nice to be tossed into a large group of strangers and make some new friends. :)
  • Options
    JsT wrote:
    My first essay is due in roughly 6 hours time, its half done and I've just come in from a night on the piss.

Things are great over here :thumb:
    Almost the same, except i've just wittled the extra 400 words needed on my essay off.

I love it here, but i'm in a house with 4 friends from my home town, so i get to avoid all the idiot students that i hate oh so much. (well to a degree). All in all it's quite good, i love my course, and the people on it are ok.

The only complaint i've had about it came tonight: i wonder, why is it neccesary for so many students to be dressed up in nightclubs tonight? I mean yeah it's halloween, but i don't want to be poked in the eye every few minutes by a pair of wings, a devils fork, a magic wand, or a broomstick. Infact, what the hell have haf these costumes got to do with halloween anyway? Tonight a saw at least 15 fairy sluts, at least 20 just sluts, a lollipop man, countless amounts of guys in drag, numerous cats, inumerable devils, and 4 incredible hulks. That's what i hate about Uni. The amount of drongos who get in the way of my life.

Oh and the fact i just got tuition fee bill for £250 and also the fact i'm forced to use public transport regularly and have also run out of socks.

But yeah, Uni is good :)
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Can so agree with the whole fucking costume thing. Although there were some nice women out tonight...
  • Options
    true that
  • Options
    dressin up is all part of halloween!!!