Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Poppers

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
:wave: I was thinking about tryin poppers tomoz nite because am off to a rave.All me friends love them, can they harm you, what affects do they have etc??? :yippe:

Comments

• Options
    yea i want more personal experiances!
  • Options
    lol they're shit

alright if you're off your nut .. only real thing they're good for is telling drunk people to inhale em and laughing

i really wouldn't see them as something you'd go out and take

ie
    'what'd you do on friday'
    'aye i got a bottle of poppers'
  • Options
    Good for giving you a headache after a 30 second buzz. Better to take when drunk than when sober.

If you try them and they don't give you a headache, go wild.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    They're funny as fuck - for about 10 minutes. :D
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Skive wrote:
    They're funny as fuck - for about 10 minutes. :D

Yeah, as said above - best when mixed with drink. I'vem ixed with drink and weed, and it was bloody mad. Once it worn off, just another deep breath... madness.

Effects are too short to bother getting any yourself - if someone else has some, and offers 'em, just take a go.
  • Options
    Def not the sort of thing you would take when going to a rave...
    Unless you sneek the bottle in with you... which is really not worth it...

If you sniffed some at home, the effects would have worn off by the time you leave the house!
    The only time I have a bit of fun with poppers is if Im drunk at home with a couple of friends, the odd sniff on it is a laugh.

I have never had head aches from it, but I have heard people sometimes can. I have also heard if you do too much of it, its possible to black out for a min or 2!! Not good!
  • Options
    To stop yourself getting a sore nose dip an UNLIT fag into the bottle and inhale.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    z01 wrote:
    only real thing they're good for is telling drunk people to inhale em and laughing
    '

Lovely.
  • Options
    Poppers are nice when you're already pilled up. They give one hell of a rush.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Poppers can cause you to pass out or feel dizzy, so make sure you are somewhere you can sit down. Don't get iton your skin, it can burn you or give you a rash, and amyl is really toxic so whatever you do don't drink it, it will make you sick.
  • Options
    I've done them once or twice, they give you the worst headache ever!
  • Options
    First few times i did it i got the most horrible headache ever, but i was at a festival in scorching heat so that didnt help.
    Doesnt give me a headache anymore. Mate got me some as a 'present' from Leeds and i just do it if im bored and fed up at home!!
    Can they harm if you take to much??
  • Options
    I'm sure if you used them al lot you could cause problems with the mucous membranes in your nose, and the effect on your blood pressure can't be that great if its a regular thing - you know what the headache feels like, that is your body's response to the blood vessles relaxing, or vasodilation as its called. So it can't be all good really, can it.

Oh BTW, poppers are extremely flammable, so watch what you are doing with your cigarettes while the bottle is open...
  • Options
    thanx for the info
  • Options
    im quite a fan of poppers in the right environment, can be a good bit of fun. always remember when i managed to spill a full bottle down the front of my shirt tho, walking round all night with the worst headache ever, still good in the right circumstances.
  • Options
    Poppers are a waste of time especiialy for raves, come on thats for like 14 yr olds that can't find a dealer

I agree with skive, poppers on E at a rave are a great buzz. Not that I'd do such a thing these days of course.
  • Options
    They'r shite and just give you a sore head. Waste of money.
  • Options
    I took E's and poppers at a gig once, really weird experience, went sorta blind for a few seconds, really fun, good rush...though generally, poppers are a load of shite.
  • Options
    Aye you weren't saying that tonight maddog..... ah ah give me a smoke of that feg i'm only after taking a load of poppers. haha. suppose it's all good when your fucked already.
  • Options
    Shogun wrote:
    Aye you weren't saying that tonight maddog..... ah ah give me a smoke of that feg i'm only after taking a load of poppers. haha. suppose it's all good when your fucked already.

:lol: good lad gavey..not the worst so you're not ;) aye took a bit tonight...didn't do much so it didn't...get your own bines ya dick lol
  • Options
    Poppers are a load of shit, they aren't too bad if you've been drinking but they aren't really worth doing. Last time I done them was a few weeks while on a come down from Shrek 2s (They weren't the best either) hoping they would give me back a bit of a rush and make me feel better, just ending up feeling dizzy with a headache and sitting on a wall for about an hour.
  • Options
    poppers are AWFUL. anyone who would pay to sit around get a slight head rush then just have a headache for a bit is an idiot.
  • Options
    Poppers suck.

You can always smell them in the air at Gay events, and its gross. Just think about all those sexy loose bum holes. Yum yum.

Why bother wasting perfectly good brain cells for a slight headrush and then a 45 minute headache?!

You can get the same sort of rush by sitting on the floor cross legged, listening to some rushy music, closing your eyes and breathing deeply. Haha. Free and natural!

xxxxxx
  • Options
    yes they suick

fags
  • Options
    What? :eek2:
  • Options
    z01 wrote:
    ie
    'what'd you do on friday'
    'aye i got a bottle of poppers'

HAHA! yeah, don't do poppers kids, the real druggies will laugh at you.

and you will shit yourself.
  • Options
    yes they suick

fags

eh?
    i hope that wasn't meant in a homophobic context...
  • Options
    theyre ok, not everyone gets headaches from then and it can be fun when you're drunk ... I wouldn't worry about any permanent side effects and they're not addictive im pretty sure lol
  • Options
    Poppers will make you shit your pants.

gays use them for anal sex, because they're weird.

Anyone I see doing poppers gets branded gay.