Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

How to deal with...?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Im in my 2nd year of Uni, and live with a good friend of mine whom i lived with last year. She's always had issues with eating and suffered bouts of depression and self-image problems, and reguarly sees a counsellour about her problems. Recently, however, she's become really low and has admitted to a few of us who live here that she's been making herself ill again, and cutting herself.

The way she goes about it makes me think it's partly an attention thing, because she gets A LOT of attention at home, but at uni obviously we lead our own lives and they are not focused around her.

It's becoming very hard to live with, almost unbearable, as she is constanlty down. We cannot be expected to drop everything in our own lives because of this. None of us know how to deal with it, and what to say when she tells us these things. The counsellor is obviously helping, but this is only once a week. For the other 6 days, how do we deal with it and what do we say to her?

Any advice appriciated, thanks x

Comments