Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Crystal Meth

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    if you like i shall seek this out in the updated version of this book, but also it provides a starting point to further research that anyone else wishes to do. It is also relevant because it confirms medicinal usage in recent times ;)

Go on then, we're all waiting.
  • Options
    its 10am-ish now, if i get time i'll pop over to the Medical library and have a look.
  • Options
    its 10am-ish now, if i get time i'll pop over to the Medical library and have a look.

Well this poor kid will have probably OD'd by the time you've done all that, bloody students.
  • Options
    It was proper yabba apparently , not the contraceptive pills pretending to be it :)

yabba is a weaker variant anyway it just has a flavour to it such as vanilla etc..

the meth was smoked and appetite was suppressed but 'my main friend :thumb: (who's that huh ? hehe)' can always eat and encouraged everyone else to as well which they duly did to some extent.

Its obviously not good on the lungs......... if your not strong of mind again DONT take it... there is no Euphoric Buzz associated with it, its just a clearing of the mind which induces increased conversations (of course half of those conversations are probaby crap hehe but at the time you may not care).

After stopping it the body feels very warm.

I'd say one continous inhalation would probably last about 1hr depending on the person of course..

Everyone but my favourite friend did not sleep and I could tell there was some paranoid activity (though not intense) between 3 of the 5 participants but they were the ones with personal problems who should OBVIOUSLY not partake in this activity!

My favourite friend started at about 1am with 1 inhalation and a further 2 about 30 minutes later.He then inhaled at 4am 3 times over a duration of 45minutes (scattered inhalation).He was talkative throughout and though comfortable in a bed did not want to sleep straight away as he preferred to talk with his company, he then took a happy at about 7:00 but still didnt want to leave the gathering even though he felt the nice effects of the happy.He eventually decided that he should be good and leave everyone to their own devices and be sensible so let himself drift to sleep at 9a.m

Obviously bad for the lungs.......

My best friends philosophy was 'when its gone its gone' he did not clamour for more and just went to work ,the thai friends who brought it continued to consume throughout the next day.
    They will probably consume it all meaning the end of that experience
    You cant get it in London so sayonara meth by the looks of it which is a shame really
  • Options
    Ok the lastest source that i can find is in the BMF Sept 2005 copy (THE up-to-date source for NHS prescription) and methamphetamine is not listed at all, which leads me to believe that it is not on the NHS list of approved drugs.

I was unable to find an up-to-date version of the Physicians Guide, so i wasn't able to check up on the american side of things, however for those who are interested, from [Pharmacology 5th Edition; Rang, Dale, Ritter, Moore; 2003; London]

'The main use of amphetamines is in the treatment of...(ADHD)...methylphenidate being the drug most commonly used (although dexamphetamine can also be used), at doses lower than those causing euphoria and other side effects. The efficacy of amphetamins has been confirmed in many controlled trials. Disorders of dopamine are pathways are suspected to underly ADHD symptomatology, but the mechanism of action of amphetamines is unclear'

'Narcolepsy is a disabling condition...in which the patient suddenly and unpredictably falls asleep...Amphetamine is helpful but not completely effective'

'As an appetite suppressant in humans, for us in treating obesity, amphetamine derrivatives proved relatively ineffective and have been largely abandoned because of their tendancy to cause pulmonary hypertension, which can be so severe as to necessitate heart-lung transplantation'
  • Options
    I've heard that doing chrystal meth can sometimes result in sweating blood...I read some biological explanation of how this happens so didn't immediately dismiss it as nonsense...any truth in it?
  • Options
    Spliffie wrote:
    I've heard that doing chrystal meth can sometimes result in sweating blood...I read some biological explanation of how this happens so didn't immediately dismiss it as nonsense...any truth in it?

I've never heard that, but there is a long list of wierd side effects associated with doing a lot of meth, so that might be one of them.
  • Options
    steejans wrote:
    It was proper yabba apparently , not the contraceptive pills pretending to be it :)

yabba is a weaker variant anyway it just has a flavour to it such as vanilla etc..

It depends really, yabba is much like esctacy really, some pills are strong others not, it sounds like you got the weaker end of things. A smoked dose of meth should hit you hard. It might not have been meth, it could have been one of the other amphetamines found in yabba.

And of course you understand where yabba comes from and how it funds a really nasty long running civil war in Myanmar.
  • Options
    'Narcolepsy is a disabling condition...in which the patient suddenly and unpredictably falls asleep...Amphetamine is helpful but not completely effective'

'As an appetite suppressant in humans, for us in treating obesity, amphetamine derrivatives proved relatively ineffective and have been largely abandoned because of their tendancy to cause pulmonary hypertension, which can be so severe as to necessitate heart-lung transplantation'

Interestingly they are looking into the use of GHB for narcolepsy, I'm not sure how but it has a licence for this use in the US.

Meth is still technically on the books in the US for obesity.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Spliffie wrote:

I'll ask around Spliffie, and see if I can answer that....
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,283 Skive's The Limit
    LadyJade wrote:
    I'll ask around Spliffie, and see if I can answer that....

I've heard similar stories.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    I think it can occur if you smoke it, from what I remember.
  • Options
    "It depends really, yabba is much like esctacy really, some pills are strong others not, it sounds like you got the weaker end of things. A smoked dose of meth should hit you hard. It might not have been meth, it could have been one of the other amphetamines found in yabba."

I have never done it before so there's no way to tell whether its the good variety or not, also I dont know what getting hit hard constitutes, I suppose it depends on how much you actually take,6 inhalations is not a lot in terms of the overall quantity I believe.One inhalation of yabba and the rest were Thai horse.

"And of course you understand where yabba comes from and how it funds a really nasty long running civil war in Myanmar."
    I dont actually, care to enlighten us?
    I would never knowingly advocate substances that cause misery... cocaine and the like..........

oh btw you do get smaller pupils
  • Options
    steejans wrote:
    I dont actually, care to enlighten us?
    I would never knowingly advocate substances that cause misery... cocaine and the like..........

Basically it is a similar situation to Colombia, both sides in the long running and nasty civil war are funded by drug money, this used to be opium and heroin, but that has been replaced largely by meth and yabba production for the Far East.
  • Options
    Very bad substance then in Thailand!
    Thanks for the lesson.
  • Options
    steejans wrote:
    Very bad substance then in Thailand!
    Thanks for the lesson.

Depending on who is making and using it its a bad substance where ever.
  • Options
    its like this

im not quite sure what your asking but if your asking what it is like to be on ice then its like this you smoke and then all of a sudden something in the room needs to be fixed and you will sit there and fix it for hours or you will just start cleaning your room or playing a game and you cant stop its fun but you get tired and you cant sleep and then you start hallucinating you start seeing things from lack of sleep thats what it is like
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    This thread is a bit old to be replying to, it is from last year! Have a look at the Good Manners Guide for more information on posting on the boards. And Welcome!
This discussion has been closed.