Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Crystal Meth

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
How kickin' the buzz from this?

Does anybody here know?!!?!

Comments

• Options
    Given your other posts I doubt you will be around long enough to read the replies.

Methamphetamine is a strong stimulant, not unlike amphetamine or 'base' which is the common form of speed sold in the UK.
  • Options
    It pop's up every now and then, there has been talk of it arriving on mass for ages now, I think there is a market for it here.
  • Options
    I was suprised to here one of my mates could get hold of it in the West Midlands, so it is about for sure. I'm staying clear though.
  • Options
    My Liverpudlian friend can always get hold of it. But then I think he may be a secret magician. He can get hold of anything.

I've seen people on it at raves.... haha it makes them dance like robots.

Girl in the toilets: I can't blink.
    Her friend: Yeah, it'll do that to you.
    Girl: How will I sleep?
    Friend (Laughing) Er, you won't. For about three days, actually.

Boy, did I laugh.

Question: Does it effect the size of the users pupils? I've always wondered, but never looked.

xxxxxxxxx
  • Options
    It will make them very large, much like MDMA, which is of course a methamphetamine varient.
  • Options
    Oh crap, and i was contemplating going to work on it :)
    guess thats out of the question hehe
    I've done a little bit of research on it, there are prescription substances that are close to it but obviously not in the crystal form.
    It will keep you awake for days if speed is anything to go by, and make sure you have a downer of some form...
    seroquel or diazepan etc.....
    Kind of off topic but as meth is amphetamine i'll ask anyway :)
    Has anyone found base to be less potent than speed?
    Its strange because base is meant to be from 30-70% amphetamine whilst speed is reportedly up till 9% only or there abouts...hence the confusion.
    Do you think its what the speed has been cut with?
    Additionally when people refer to adding baking soda,which potentiates the hit as sodium bicarbonate is a gastrointestinal alkalinizing agents which increases absorption do you think they mean bicarbonate of soda ?
    As most brands of 'baking soda' contain yeast etc i'd like to think those entities are non essential?
  • Options
    Probably the easiest available and largest problematic street drug in NZ, smoked in a glass pipe and brought in "points" nicknamed "P" for it being very "Pure", makes your pupils tiny.

Come up is fairly usual of speed, dry mouth.. anxious, feeling slightly sick etc.

When smoked in larger amounts it gives you strong head-rushes, comedown begins after about 3-5 hours or so, but the inability to sleep lasts a whole lot longer depending on how much is smoked.

The main problem with this drug in NZ is cost ($100 per point on average - therefore not a cheap addiction), it being VERY addictive - and insomnia caused by it. People smoke this stuff for days on end without sleep and then quickly become psycotic & paranoid - its in the news all the time here.

If anyone's got any questions on this I could probably answer them, I know a lot of people who do this in NZ :)
  • Options
    Dont do it often thats for sure.
    I know of some people who look to it as their ultimate form of happiness..
    Its as large in Thailand as it is in NZ thats why I know of it , from my Thai friends which should be visiting in a weeks time actually :)
  • Options
    Probably the easiest available and largest problematic street drug in NZ, smoked in a glass pipe and brought in "points" nicknamed "P" for it being very "Pure", makes your pupils tiny.

That's quite odd that you say that, I always thought meth made your pupils really large.
  • Options
    steejans wrote:
    Has anyone found base to be less potent than speed?
    Its strange because base is meant to be from 30-70% amphetamine whilst speed is reportedly up till 9% only or there abouts...hence the confusion.
    Do you think its what the speed has been cut with?
    Additionally when people refer to adding baking soda,which potentiates the hit as sodium bicarbonate is a gastrointestinal alkalinizing agents which increases absorption do you think they mean bicarbonate of soda ?
    As most brands of 'baking soda' contain yeast etc i'd like to think those entities are non essential?

Base and speed are virtually always one and the same thing, they are just packaged differently thats all.

As for strength, speed in any form is known for being very variable in quality, 'base' is not always stronger.

Wouldn't bicarb fizz if you snorted it?

I dont think that the bicarb will add to the action of the amphetamine, although it might make the experience slightly longer, you can push out speed quicker by making your digestion quite acidic with vitamin C, so the reverse might hold.

Bicarb and baking powder are different, one is pure sodium bicarbonate the other isnt, I presume if you were using bicarb as a cut you would pick the pure one. Most of the time its just glucose or pro-plus anyway.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    steejans wrote:
    I've done a little bit of research on it, there are prescription substances that are close to it but obviously not in the crystal form.

I would be interested to know what, if you could post them up...
    steejans wrote:
    It will keep you awake for days if speed is anything to go by, and make sure you have a downer of some form...

Taking downers Including alcohol) after stimulants is a dangerous habit to get into, you aren't giving your body a chance to find its natural level and you are putting your organs under a great amount of strain as they struggle to process all the toxins and by products.

As to your question about base and speed, surely it all depends on the quality of the base or speed youare getting? I think the percentages you quoted are a bit meaningless, only because each batch would be of different purity and cut in different ways. Bi carb and baking soda are the same thing, Soduim Bicarbonate, although as Bong pointed out the baking soda has other things added.. I don't know about the alkalizing agent, I think I'll leave that one for Bong.
  • Options
    LadyJade wrote:
    I would be interested to know what, if you could post them up...

I don't know about the alkalizing agent, I think I'll leave that one for Bong.

There are no prescription drugs like meth, the closest you could get would be a prescription for dexamphetamine, but you have to have narcolepsy for that and its a tightly controled script.

Or you could get prescribed small doses of normal amphetamine, but that again is rare as the GP will quite probably have to answer to his bosses about why he/she is prescribed a widely abused drug.

Meth can be prescribed in the US, though only for morbid obesity when you have tried everything else first.

Sodium bicarbonate is alcaline, thats why its quite good for cleaning, and its cheaper and nicer on the enviroment than bleach etc.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    I actually meant that I would leave the explaination of how it may help you absorb amphetamine more quickly, but you are right, it leaves the metal bits on the burners on the cooker nice and shiny...
  • Options
    LadyJade wrote:
    I actually meant that I would leave the explaination of how it may help you absorb amphetamine more quickly, but you are right, it leaves the metal bits on the burners on the cooker nice and shiny...

I dont believe it will, as I said I think it might hinder the bodies effort to expell the amphetamine and therefore lengthen the experience but I dont think it will make it absorb faster.
  • Options
    steerjeans

methampthetamine hydrochloride (trade: Desoxyn)
    How supplied: Tablets 5mg, 10mg, 15mg.
    Used to treat: Attenion Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) in Children 6+
    (as a short term adjunct) Exogenous Obesity

[Physicians Drug Handbook 8th Edition; Springhouse; 1999]

this is an american reference, but it certainly is available as a Pharmaceutical it would appear.
  • Options
    Thanks Martin :)
    Yes, the pharmaceutical varient on my mind was Desoxyn

With regards to bicarbonate soda increasing and prolonging the effects of amphetamine please refer to (am i allowed to post this, apologies if this is not acceptable)

A)Experience report
    http://www.sixthseal.com/000461.html

B)Rxlist combination effects (though this is dextroamphetamine the prescription item)
    http://www.rxlist.com/cgi/generic/dextroamphetamine_ad.htm

My 'friend' with his base attempted to insuffulate baking soda at a ratio of 1/2 baking soda alas this left a 'dull stuffy' feeling in the forehead. The next attempt was at 1/4 baking soda and this did away with the stuffy feeling (which i would probably associate with the other ingredients) but there was the constant dripping of not very nice baking soda to deal with (apparently).
    Bicarbonate of Soda does not look like a substance he would like to insuffulate but the granules are soft and can be made even finer than they are by default though this is something he would not like to attempt hence for his next attempt oral consumption will be experienced.
    Taking downers Including alcohol) after stimulants is a dangerous habit to get into, you aren't giving your body a chance to find its natural level and you are putting your organs under a great amount of strain as they struggle to process all the toxins and by products

I agree with you slightly here, its the same principal as having a cold shower after exercise - the body may go into shock. When people take substances they usually have come down period , at some point during this decline (though not quite baseline) I've observed my friend taking a benzo (e.r.i.m.i.n is the preferred choice for said individual) which not only gets him to sleep quite quickly but also provides for a happy day following. Of course the effectiveness of such recourse is dependant on the frequency of experimentation but my friend is quite good when it comes to abstinence and recuperation - he even eats when on substances even though appetite is suppressed :)

Yup its probably all to do with whether its good amphetamine or not,which is a little annoying because the speed contact no longer does his item and the base seems consistently poopoo....
  • Options
    steerjeans

methampthetamine hydrochloride (trade: Desoxyn)
    How supplied: Tablets 5mg, 10mg, 15mg.
    Used to treat: Attenion Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) in Children 6+
    (as a short term adjunct) Exogenous Obesity

[Physicians Drug Handbook 8th Edition; Springhouse; 1999]

this is an american reference, but it certainly is available as a Pharmaceutical it would appear.

Which is exactly what I said, it is on script in the US but not here. And I believe they have with drawn it for ADHD and its only for morbid obesity now. They have adderal for ADD and ADHD.
  • Options
    Which is exactly what I said

i know you did, and i duely corroborated this :yeees:
  • Options
    i know you did, and i duely corroborated this :yeees:

So you're suggesting that without someone to back me up I'm untrustworthy?
  • Options
    thats exactley what im saying;

apart from that, SJ might have wanted a referrence to it in terms of how it might be administered and the dosages available in treatment. More background info never did anyone any harm...
  • Options
    Background information 6 years out of date you mean.
  • Options
    Now now, lets not squabble over the intricate nature of posting :)

All information is indeed useful, thanks guys!

My 'friends' experiments have shown that a downer (again erimin... i'll create a new post regarding it) to give excellent quantities of sleep followed by 'good speeeeeeee.e..d' has resulted in a very VERY quick day but throughout he was in a very good mood , extremely talkative and alert.

Yabba should be due this week so i'll post more if my friend experiment
  • Options
    if you like i shall seek this out in the updated version of this book, but also it provides a starting point to further research that anyone else wishes to do. It is also relevant because it confirms medicinal usage in recent times ;)
  • Options
    Ok guys tonight my friend tests ice from thailand and i'll update you with experience.

Meth is a by product of amphetamine (speed) synthesis isnt it ?
    And as amphetamine is quite easily attainable i am surprised that not many people (london esp) have it.
  • Options
    steejans wrote:
    Meth is a by product of amphetamine (speed) synthesis isnt it ?

no
  • Options
    Hmmm i've read a few articles that suggest that it is, perhaps they are wrong though and their 'crystal meth' is the d-meth variety, but will the original synthesis still create the amphetamine yield? When I get home i'll post the sources of this confusion :)
  • Options
    Amphetamine_Ephedrine_structure.jpg

Speed in the UK and Europe tends to be amphetamine. Speed in the US tends to be methamphetamine. They have different synths afaik.
  • Options
    Oh my, very useful information thank you :)
    Perhaps those naughty synthesis I read up on were indeed for methamphetamine.

Btw friends are on crystal meth and yabba as we speak and its nothing too powerful , there is slight warmth in the head 'i am told :P', very talkative and very dry mouth. I'll inform you of duration and quantity etc...
  • Options
    The usual symptoms you would attribute to amphetamine as in the increased heart rate , constriction of blood to certain areas ,I suppose you could get paranoid should you be prone to that (those with emo problems...) You could still get your young man up though ,noticed the blood trickle after saucy conversation with girlfriend on the phone (my friend said!) heh :)
  • Options
    steejans wrote:
    Btw friends are on crystal meth and yabba as we speak and its nothing too powerful , there is slight warmth in the head 'i am told :P', very talkative and very dry mouth. I'll inform you of duration and quantity etc...

Then I would say its either really weak, or its not methamphetamine.

If it is in pill form 'yabba' isnt always meth, and 'ice' doesnt always mean meth either.
This discussion has been closed.