Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Things worth trying...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey :wave:

Ok, essentially i'm a total newbie when it comes to anything drug related (apart from alcohol :hyper: ), now i'm looking for things to try just to see if its something i like or not, the phrase 'try everything once in you're lifetime' comes to mind.

So can you guys reccomend any good things to give a try which in ur experiances are pretty good and SAFE to take. Only thing ive come close to so far is weed, which i got a bit of a buzz off in a house party (didnt actually do it myself,,, just there was loads of the smoke about, so think it had a slight effect).

Anyways, thanks for the advice / tips.

Comments

• Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Smoke some weed properly.

If unable to get any, try Blue Lotus, its a nice enoguh legal herb. Mongs you out properly though. Its even better mixed with weed.

Other legal pot alernatives I've tried are not really worth your money, to be honest.

Poppers are OK really. Pretty mad mixed up with booze and pot when I last tried them.

The question to ask yourself really before trying anything - have you got an addictive personality?
  • Options
    There are no safe drugs.

If you are wanting to try something, research, make sure you know what you are buying, and use with people you know and trust.

MDMA, mushrooms and cannabis are relatively safe if used carefully.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,284 Skive's The Limit
    Ecstasy, Shrooms and Acid! :thumb:
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    A big oral or smoked dose for a first timer could easily go badly, and not just sickness, it can be a strong drug.
  • Options
    I agree, don't underestimate cannabis.
  • Options
    www.erowid.com

Thought that should be linked to actually.. lots of useful infor there on nearly everything!
  • Options
    Thanks all for the advice and tips, probably just try some 'soft' drugs like cannibis, not looking to try what i would consider to be 'hard' drugs as they sound quite risky.

• Options
    Well i would have to slightly disagree with using cannabis safely as it isn't a powerful drug it

Cannabis can be a very powerful drug. Maybe you should sack your dealer.
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    Cannabis can be a very powerful drug. Maybe you should sack your dealer.

Can be I suspose but generally compaired to coke and pills etc it isnt, its more compariable with alchohol
  • Options
    Can be I suspose but generally compaired to coke and pills etc it isnt, its more compariable with alchohol

I'd say there was far more scope for having a bad time with cannabis than with coke. When you start smokign it is very easy to smoke too much and have an attack of paranoia.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    I'd say there was far more scope for having a bad time with cannabis than with coke. When you start smokign it is very easy to smoke too much and have an attack of paranoia.

Yup, it is indeed. Or to whitey.

Cannabis is best used in moderation. Smoke a joint/bowl... then wait for a while until it hits you. If you feel nothing, wait. Can take a varying amount of time depending on you.
  • Options
    Well I wouldn't automatically recommend you doing acid or shrooms, it's not a nice experience when an amateur takes it and doesn't know what to expect. Weed is brilliant at the start but gets a bit shite after a while, suppose it's the best to start off with, after that I'd definately recommend ecstacy, nothing has ever compared and probabvly never will to that buzz..so good. Though don't go blindly into taking them, do a search here, there's plenty off info here on how to do them properly and safely, other than that...good luck :thumb:
  • Options
    Ecstasy is the best drug in the world.

IMO. :D
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    There's probably drugs out there that give a better buzz but just looking back on all the times you've taken E's, the buzz, the places you've been, the people you've met, the shit you've done...ah can't beat it with a big stick.
  • Options
    Def fucking not, try some ecstacy and you'll understand why.

If you've never taken it try and get your first time with MDMA powder. One of my friends done that and she never had such a great effect in her life, aboustely loved it.

Although don't get into the trend of eating them every weekend which can be easy to get into and hard to get outta of.
  • Options
    Shogun wrote:
    Although don't get into the trend of eating them every weekend which can be easy to get into and hard to get outta of.

:yes:

Although not physically addictive you can get into a bad wee spell doing them every weekend...fuck sakes I know more than most :crazyeyes I think you have that problem shogun, not being a dick but you do...though saying that...E's are brilliant :D
  • Options
    I want to hate E but I just can't bring myself to do it... :D

Drugs I would recommend to a stable person...

Weed.
    Mushrooms.
    E (very, very occasionally).