Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Sometimes its hard to volunteer!!!

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
I am 46 and due to ill health,(ankolising Spondilitis, walking difficulties) unable to work. However should I still be a volunteer?
It`s easy to make excuses but now that the kids are grown up, my wife is at work so I`m just fiddling my thumbs! However, the sofas comfy, the tellys on and the food is in the fridge. Can someone tell me how to get out of this comfortable situation?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hi john
    I'm waiting for a new knee, which is affecting my hips, I have to get out of the house, so I volunteer for the Samaritans and our local hospital radio as a presenter, sometimes you have to will yourself to get out of the house, but you have to keep mobile otherwise you will seize up altogether.
    Originally posted by john&lol:
    I am 46 and due to ill health,(ankolising Spondilitis, walking difficulties) unable to work. However should I still be a volunteer?
    It`s easy to make excuses but now that the kids are grown up, my wife is at work so I`m just fiddling my thumbs! However, the sofas comfy, the tellys on and the food is in the fridge. Can someone tell me how to get out of this comfortable situation?