Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Random pill experience, any ideas?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey guys, I know you got a lot of pll queries but sorry heres another one.

I went out to an awesome night at the weekend, everything seemed perfect (tiny venue, amazing decoration and all that) so planned to drop with my mate. I've done pills about 5 times before, had 2 really nice experieces off them, so i'm not hugely experienced.

Anyway dropped one, and came up really really strong, felt really sick etc, but then felt the rush, but it then just lead me to a really weird place. I would have put it down to the pills but my mate was absalutely loving it. It just completely took me away from the music, from the place, from the people. Made me feel just completely spaced out. I couldn't move away from the chillout area, just everything was messing with my head, I coudn't say alot. Its not like it was really intense or too strong, It just completely monged me out like fuck, never felt so displaced before. As soon as I came up I just felt like I was on a come down all night. I've been feeling so shite all weekend and today, it just really feels as though its messed with my head completely. I know the whole comedown things part of it, i've just never had the pschological thing as bad before, especially because I didn't get any intense high as such.

But yea, basically i'm just worrying a little bit, my heads never felt so...odd. Is there any ther drug which can cause these sort of feelings? I've heard of ket and stuff being in them.
Also, can who you're with and other factors really affect the experience to that extent, like I said my mate was loving it, but I wasn't really feeling their company all night, so could that have affected it?

Anyway sorry for the ramblings, just was so looking forward to, and expecting an awesome experience and its just fucked me over. I just dn't understand why it put me in such a place, its not like I munched down 5 to get 'mashed'. It seemed so perfect and I just couldn't feel any of it. Just one of those nights i'm guessing, but still my head is just not making sense at the minute.

Comments

• Options
    That feeling of distance from the party and not being part of it does sound like ketamine, but the rushes etc point to something else as well.

What other physical symptoms did you have?

- Shrinkage?
    - Shaking, nervous twitching?
    - Trouble sleeping quite a long time after?
    - How were your pupils?
    - Any teeth grinding?
    - Urine, a lot, or not much?
  • Options
    Reloaded wrote:
    Hey guys, I know you got a lot of pll queries but sorry heres another one.

I went out to an awesome night at the weekend, everything seemed perfect (tiny venue, amazing decoration and all that) so planned to drop with my mate. I've done pills about 5 times before, had 2 really nice experieces off them, so i'm not hugely experienced.

Anyway dropped one, and came up really really strong, felt really sick etc, but then felt the rush, but it then just lead me to a really weird place. I would have put it down to the pills but my mate was absalutely loving it. It just completely took me away from the music, from the place, from the people. Made me feel just completely spaced out. I couldn't move away from the chillout area, just everything was messing with my head, I coudn't say alot. Its not like it was really intense or too strong, It just completely monged me out like fuck, never felt so displaced before. As soon as I came up I just felt like I was on a come down all night. I've been feeling so shite all weekend and today, it just really feels as though its messed with my head completely. I know the whole comedown things part of it, i've just never had the pschological thing as bad before, especially because I didn't get any intense high as such.

But yea, basically i'm just worrying a little bit, my heads never felt so...odd. Is there any ther drug which can cause these sort of feelings? I've heard of ket and stuff being in them.
    Also, can who you're with and other factors really affect the experience to that extent, like I said my mate was loving it, but I wasn't really feeling their company all night, so could that have affected it?

Anyway sorry for the ramblings, just was so looking forward to, and expecting an awesome experience and its just fucked me over. I just dn't understand why it put me in such a place, its not like I munched down 5 to get 'mashed'. It seemed so perfect and I just couldn't feel any of it. Just one of those nights i'm guessing, but still my head is just not making sense at the minute.

I've had vaguely similar experiences. I'm prone to paranoia on the come-up, once I was struggling to speak/move for about 20 minutes. My theory is that those kind of experiences can sometimes be put down to weak pills - as a little coke can be make me paranoid also (basically the dosage is too low for the euphoria to take hold). If you've done an E, and the paranoia doesn't pass quickly, you could try taking another half. That worked for me back in my pillhead days.

I'd suggest making sure your set & setting is suitable also - a few close friends and some good music usually ensures a relatively smooth come-up.
  • Options
    what type of pill was it ?

i always bang 2 or 3 back to back to start off .. usually feel sick as fuck for a while before i start coming up ... not very much fun

all's well when they kick in tho
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:

What other physical symptoms did you have?

- Shrinkage?
    - Shaking, nervous twitching?
    - Trouble sleeping quite a long time after?
    - How were your pupils?
    - Any teeth grinding?
    - Urine, a lot, or not much?

Well yea thats the thing, my pupils were absalutely huge (but then again they usually are pretty big) but I didn't feel that fucked... so when I looked at my eyes I thought I should be rushing my tits off but nope. I found myself clenching my jaw for a little while, but again I usually bite my face off, so it was nothing compared to other times. With the sleeping thing, i think I probably could have quite happily gone to sleep in the club, but when I got back yea, all I wanted to do was sleep it off but I'd close my eyes and try get to sleep and just get freaked out and suddenly just snap out of it. I dunno, weird.

The pills had a picture of a butterfly on from what I could make out, but wasn't that clear.

Anyway, definately a nasty head fuck, think i'll stay clear for a while, cheers for the help though.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    It sounds like you may have had a really high dose of MDMA to me, but there is no way of telling for sure. There is no way of telling how strong an E is either, or what's in it, so I think it is always best to err on the side of caution...
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,284 Skive's The Limit
    LadyJade wrote:
    It sounds like you may have had a really high dose of MDMA to me

I agree.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    I agree.

I dont, it doesn't tally to being just MDMA, not the distance from others, the edgyness, there is something else there too I think.

Ephadrine might have had those symptoms, or ketamine.

Though thinking of it my vote goes to MDEA, the symptoms fit that well.
  • Options
    When I started using I had similar experiences with MDMA powder. His explenation of the come up and rush, makes me think MDMA.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    When I started using I had similar experiences with MDMA powder. His explenation of the come up and rush, makes me think MDMA.

Yes, its certainly a possible, but his effects after that dont sound like MDMA by itself. MDEA will bosh you on the come up, knock you sideways and then leave you feeling quite confused etc.
  • Options
    never herad of it, what does it happen to be?

Its a relative of MDMA, similar, but doesn't have the same euphoria, its quite rare but does pop up every now and then, if you mess up the last stage of making MDMA you can end up with MDEA.

It is more hallucinogenic, more confused, not that much energy but can be jittery. It is sort of like MDA but without the strong energy factor.
  • Options
    aah i see so you think the drug manufacturers wouldn't make this purposely to sell, but as an error in trying to make MDMA?

As I understand the process you have to go through MDMA to get to MDEA anyway, so there really wouldnt be any point in doing it unless you had messed up. It is, per mg, less effective than either MDA or MDEA as well.

It was made on purpose in some countries when MDMA was banned as a way of getting round the law, however our statutes allow for any varient of a drug to be banned too.
  • Options
    you had a high high dose of good mdma i reckon, i have tried a pink butterfly and they was tested at 150mg or near enough.

definatley worth taking halfs
  • Options
    jaw would have been going a lot more
  • Options
    z01 wrote:
    jaw would have been going a lot more

Not always, on just MDMA bruxism (the tightness of the jaw) isnt always an issue, its far more apparent with MDA or amphetamine.
  • Options
    anytime i've been properly fucked off my head my jaw's been noticeably going

ive had shit pills before where the effects havent been the best and i've noticed that my jaw was only slightly clenching

i really dont think it was a high dose of mdma
  • Options
    Pure MDMA hardly ever gets me gurning where as amphetamine and various pills can be a right cunt for it.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    speed just makes my jaw clench a bit

some pills have it doin somersaults
  • Options
    I had a similar experiance on pills a few months back. Went raving for my birthday and ended up sitting on the sofa's all night not moving, didnt want to talk to anyone just sat there smoking....no idea what it was though, so all in all, a pointless reply :p
  • Options
    It was all in your head. He he he... This was not your party night!!! :crazyeyes :crazyeyes :crazyeyes
  • Options
    After a while of pill taking I stopped chewing my jaw really badly, I just sorta grinded them now and again, at the start it had a life of its' own.
  • Options
    I've had that before- feeling really spaced out whilst my mates were loving it. It cost me a really fit bloke too, because I suddenly realised halfway through the conversation that I couldn't handle talking anymore. I appologised and curled into a ball for the next two hours!

I personally think that mood effects your experience. If you've had a stressful week, your brain will just be like "fuck off and leave me alone!" to put it bluntly.

As I always say, preperation is the key- bonding with close friends, chilling out before you drop, coming up with a friend.

Hope this experience hasn't put you off trying new things or dropping again. Just remember that every time is different!

xxxx