Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

School stress

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Im in 11 grade in the IB program which is like i guess for smart people, but this year is like really hard, a lot of h/w and almost no time for anything else, how do u get over so much stress and not quit school, i mean im not gonna quit... but i have friends that are thinking bout quiting and i think thats wrong but i still understand them cuz school now takes like not even half but more than half of my life what can i do to make myself less stressed and still pass all my crap :nervous:
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    lollypop wrote:
    Im in 11 grade in the IB program which is like i guess for smart people, but this year is like really hard, a lot of h/w and almost no time for anything else, how do u get over so much stress and not quit school, i mean im not gonna quit... but i have friends that are thinking bout quiting and i think thats wrong but i still understand them cuz school now takes like not even half but more than half of my life what can i do to make myself less stressed and still pass all my crap :nervous:

I think you really have to find the right balance. I'm taking 11th grade makes you about 16? I'm not sure what the IB programme is, I'm taking it that you're given a higher level of work based on your capabilities.

You will get increasing amounts of homework as you get older, but you just have to learn how to manage. One of my friends used to do her homework as soon as she got in from school. That way the subject and what she had to do was clear in her mind so she whisked through the work a lot quicker and had her evenings free to go out and see her mates, instead of doing what a number of people do, leaving it till Sunday night and it taking longer as we drag up the stuff we'd already begun to forget because we put it off.

Create a homework timetable that helps you balance your time between your social life and your school life. If you're finding all too much, go to a teacher you are most comfortable talking to and explain that your finding the time you dedicate to your school work leaves you little time for other activities.

I don't think you should quit, as you know you have potential and your obviously dedicated to your work. As I recall, my school days varied from 9-3.30 , till as late as 6 and that left me little time for other stuff some nights but I saw my friends in school, at weekends and in extra curricular activities, so I didn't see it as losing out on a life.

Speak to someone at your school, as they are there to help you and will do their best to find you the help and compromises you need.

:)
  • Options
    11th grade is like the first year in 6th form i think....