Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Do-it Volunteering database

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
Have you checked out our volunteering database yet? Your chance to help people and put something good on your CV at the same time!
http://www.thesite.org.uk/do-it/

Do as much or as little volunteering as you like. If you have already used Do-It, please post your experiences here too, and give us some feedback.

[This message has been edited by Karla (edited 17-08-2000).]
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hi
    Yes if you have a little time on your hands, think of others. The SAMARITANS of ABERYSTWYTH are VERY short of listening Volunteers. on the do-it site enter post-code SY23 1LU, if you live within 30 miles come on in. travel money is paid.
    mick

[This message has been edited by mick43 (edited 24-09-2000).]
    I like helping people with problems but I got one too many problems in my own life right now so I think Ill give it a miss till im str8.
    Originally posted by mick43:
    Hi
    Yes if you have a little time on your hands, think of others. The SAMARITANS of ABERYSTWYTH are VERY short of listening Volunteers. on the do-it site enter post-code SY23 1LU, if you live within 30 miles come on in. travel money is paid.
    mick

Don and I were going to train as samaritans before we got married, but when we mentioned that we were going to be getting married we were told that we couldn't train together and wouldn't be able to work the same shifts!

So we decided not to because we'd have never seen each other in the evenings. We wanted to work together.

Never mind eh.

J9

Originally posted by j9j9:
    Don and I were going to train as samaritans before we got married, but when we mentioned that we were going to be getting married we were told that we couldn't train together and wouldn't be able to work the same shifts!

So we decided not to because we'd have never seen each other in the evenings. We wanted to work together.

Never mind eh.

J9

Just a line to tell you that being Hubby & wife team will not impede you getting into the Samaritans, my wife and I do duties together & we trained together, try again go for it & good luck to you bothe
    Mick
    Originally posted by mick43:
    Just a line to tell you that being Hubby & wife team will not impede you getting into the Samaritans, my wife and I do duties together & we trained together, try again go for it & good luck to you bothe
    Mick

It's a bit late now (for the time being) we've had two kiddies since & we're both involved in so many things we hardly see each other!!

Please don't tempt me, lol.

J9

PS
    Do you read any of the other boards on this site??

Hi
    We've got two kids as well both are under two, it's a busy life, check out my webpage to find out more http://members.tripod.co.uk/michael_jones_2/main.html
    I've tried the other boards though have not replied to any.
    mick
    Originally posted by j9j9:
    It's a bit late now (for the time being) we've had two kiddies since & we're both involved in so many things we hardly see each other!!

Please don't tempt me, lol.

J9

PS
    Do you read any of the other boards on this site??

i like the idea of being a samaritan, but i have not had enough life experience...
    what sort of things are involved in the training? you would have to be quite professinal would'nt you?
    you can't just be anyone helping others, can you?
    thats the only voluntary thing i would like to do...
    Originally posted by peatee:
    i like the idea of being a samaritan, but i have not had enough life experience...
    what sort of things are involved in the training? you would have to be quite professinal would'nt you?

I think that the main qualifications are to listen & not judge.

Go for it peatee

J9

Originally posted by peatee:
    Hi
    No matter about life experience, Aberystwyth Branch , which is on the mid-west coast of Wales, have plenty of Students from the Uni. here. so go for it you will have all the training you need.
    Mick

(Writing because i want more pretty stars)
    yes i think that we should help other people - and in return get pretty flashing stars - sorry got side tracked, if you have time give some up for other people! They need help, you have spare time, two birds with one stone!

BaRt
    Live Life On The Edge!