Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

new deal

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi,<P class="body">I am an investigative journalism student at the centre of broadcasting and journalism. I would be very grateful for any comments or views on the New deal for the young unemployed for my MA project. I would like to know whether you think it is effective; what could make the system better; how young people feel about training schemes run by the government?
Any comments or e-mail addresses for someone on the New Deal would be appreciated.<P class="body">Thanks, F fjfraser@hotmail.com

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Here's something you might find useful...<P class="body">DIARY DATE <P class="body">Employment sub-Committee takes evidence on the New Deal <P class="body">17 May 2000: The Employment sub-Committee of the House of Commons Education and Employment Committee is scheduled to hear oral evidence
    on the New Deal. The sub-Committee will hear evidence from the Employment Minister, Tessa Jowell MP. The meeting begins at 16:00 and will be
    held in a Committee Room at the House of Commons. <P class="body">Contact: Education and Employment Committee tel: +44 (0) 20 7219 6181/1376 email:educempcom@parliament.uk <P class="body">
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I've heard mixed feedback about the New Deal, from crappy slave labour deals to great opportunities for work experience. You might want to contact Kensington & Chelsea Volunteer Bureau; they run a new deal voluntary sector option project which has had rave reviews and seems to have had a high sucess rate on getting people paid work. Call 020 8960 3722 and ask for Trish.