Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

San Pedro Cactus....

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Does anyone know of this or has ever tried taking it?

I've looked on the net, and it mostly tells you how to prepare it from fresh. It supposedly has similar effects to Magic Mushrooms.

I'd like to know if anyone has had any experiences with it, and how to you prepare it for consumption when its dry?

I think you're supposed to make a tea with it, but can you eat it or smoke it?

Comments

• Options
    Basically its mescaline, its a hallucinogen of the same family as MDMA, though with quite different effects.

It lasts longer than mushrooms, up to ten hours or even more depending on dose.

I'm sure erowid will give you all the ways and means, I doubt you can smoke it.

Its supposed to make you quite sick, and then be quite nice.

Oh and its Class A.
  • Options
    Class A? Jeez.

What would you say to purchashing it dry from stalls....in Camden?

My friends bought some shrooms, before they were made illegal from Camden and was wondering if this was wise?
  • Options
    Yes, I have seen San Pedro for sale too and I have heard the ones sold in Camden are not all they are cracked up to be.

The law is fuzzy, mescaline, the active ingredient is Class A, and it really is up to the Police if they bother busting you for having the cacti. But if they wanted to I think they could. It isnt like mushrooms where there was a specific loop hole in the law.

As for mushies which were bought before the ban, unless they have been frozen or dried then they arent going to work anyway.
  • Options
    Just wondering if its worth giving it a go or not.

I'm a curious kitten!
  • Options
    The cacti is legal fresh though isnt it?

as bong said... them shrooms would not work now, its been far too long, unless they were dried... I have heard dodgy things about freezing them...

Well, there is always hope the ban will be lifted...

Them imposing the ban was against European trading laws anyway!!

But then... I not going to get my hopes up! :grump:
  • Options
    Yeah, we both said it was probably best to throw them away now as it had been so long. I think she forgot she had them.

But we bought this dry San Pedro on a spur of the moment in Camden on Saturday, and really, we haven't a clue what to do with it.
  • Options
    they could have dried out it all depends on where she left them

they'll have either rotted or dried ... if they've dried out they might have SOME psilocybin in them!
  • Options
    z01 wrote:
    they could have dried out it all depends on where she left them

they'll have either rotted or dried ... if they've dried out they might have SOME psilocybin in them!

If they by luck dried out, then they shouldnt have lost too much....

They can last for about a year dried I think... maybe even more...

But you would be VERY lucky for them to have dried under the right conditions by accident!
  • Options
    if they're in a paper bag and theres not too many they should dry if they were left lying around

and if the person selling them had any sense they'd be a paper bag
  • Options
    Take the cactus and put it in a pot of boiling water, around enough water to 50/50 the cactus mush and the water once its brought to boiling temp, simmer it for a while then you can eat it cold or hot but be warned it will most likely make you sick but afterwards you will feel the effects

So just boil the dried cactus down to mush and then eat it? What about the water? Do you have to drink that?

Can I spread the smush on crackers or something? :p
  • Options
    As i said the water and cactus should end up around 50/50 and any excess water should be used afterall you don't want to waste any.

Hokey dokey. Thankies :)

Have you ever tried it?
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    There is an Erowid San Pedro vault if you are interested in taking a look...
  • Options
    Thankyees LadyJade.

Im still not sure about consuming it DRY though.

All the sites Ive been to have told you how to prepare it from fresh.