Home Work & Volunteering
Come and join our Support Circle, every Tuesday, 8 - 9:30pm! Limited spaces available! Sign up here
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

People you work with??!!!

2

Comments

  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I bet you think so. It's a shame you can't see it, if it weren't so tragic it'd be funny that you fail to understand that maturity has little to do with age.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    My bad i read your profile after........ well i am 23, so that fact that your calling me immature is just funny xx

    :banghead:

    I shall take the liberty of agreeing with Kaff, though.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    If Mrs Frosty doesn't want to talk to you then talk to someone else, I doubt its a tiny office. Or do something else, like get the boogy box out or something.

    How far away are the desks? Can you seriously not move places?

    I've been in that situation, it's not the nicest thing in the world, I just got on with my job and listened to the radio and talked to other people. It was slightly different in that it wasn't my boss who was frosty, but the same principle would apply.

    My point was calling her names, behind her back or otherwise, simply because she's a bit distant is really immature and actually really nasty. It shows no respect for people, especially as you don't know why she is quiet.

    Age has nothing to do with maturity.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Kermit wrote:
    If Mrs Frosty doesn't want to talk to you then talk to someone else, I doubt its a tiny office. Or do something else, like get the boogy box out or something.

    How far away are the desks? Can you seriously not move places?

    I've been in that situation, it's not the nicest thing in the world, I just got on with my job and listened to the radio and talked to other people. It was slightly different in that it wasn't my boss who was frosty, but the same principle would apply.

    My point was calling her names, behind her back or otherwise, simply because she's a bit distant is really immature and actually really nasty. It shows no respect for people, especially as you don't know why she is quiet.

    Age has nothing to do with maturity.

    Kermit

    Get a clue! maturity is way over rated, i couldnt care less what you thought of me and the fact that you are younger than me as well and talking like that...... well lets just say......WHATEVER! lol

    Students! eh!? you think you know it all....... :p

    I have had to grow up very fast and am mature for my age, again...as you obviously have a memory problem, i wasnt calling her names in a horrible way, that is my sense of humour, it wasn't vindictive or nasty, to me it was a JOKE! have i made that clear........ ???? :banghead:

    And before you start ranting on about it not being funny and taking the mick out of people isnt a joke, well i think it is! ha ha ha END OF and goodbye! :wave:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Can I rant? I work with someone who spends all day clicking his F*****g mouse on some stupid internet game and it's driving me mad!
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    atz wrote:
    sneaky eating,

    what's sneaky eating!
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I've thought about this and I have some questions....


    Do you go on thesite at work?

    How long do you go on for

    Is it stopping you from doing the work you should be doing?

    It may be that your colleague is pissed off with you for not pulling your weight but doesn't know how to sort it out?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    byny wrote:
    I've thought about this and I have some questions....


    Do you go on thesite at work?

    How long do you go on for

    Is it stopping you from doing the work you should be doing?

    It may be that your colleague is pissed off with you for not pulling your weight but doesn't know how to sort it out?

    Trust me i pull my weight, the work i do has to be done like now, the work she does has to be done for next week! i have to answer the phones as well, which ring off the hook, i can touch type so it really doesnt take long for me to say what i gotta say! besides she is always on yahoo messenger so........

    Sneaky eating, is when someone eats but is like trying to hide it......?? like i didnt think she ate for ages and even said, are you going for lunch..... but then i noticed she would have a bag of crisps which would be under her desk and sneakily eating them........ :confused:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I think sometimes its easy to let one colleagues standoffishness ruin how you feel about your work. Where I used to work, There was one team leader who acted like she didnt like me. I let it get to me, and it really upset me on several occasions. She only started being nice once id broken down in tears in front of her after one snidey comment too many. I think she realised shed gone too far.
    I dont think its immaturity (God I hope not at my age) I think its just down to me being a bit sensitive and worrying too much what people think of me.
    If it goes away as you get older, then Im looking forward to that!
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    it's not immaturity, RB. the fact is that if you have any kind of social awareness and sensitivity, the attitudes of the people you work with, especially people you have direct and unavoidable contact with every day, seriously affects how you feel about your job.

    i've had a lot of jobs, and the ones i've really enjoyed i can count on three fingers. and it's nothing to do with the job description or the salary. the jobs i remember fondly were the ones where everyone i worked with was lovely, and it was almost a pleasure being there.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It's not that she has a problem that we're getting at. It's the behaviour we're seeing steming from her immaturity in the face of that problem.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    oh give over Fiend.
    Shes blatantly just upset that her colleague is blowing hot and cold with her.
    It doesnt make her immature, it just means shes a bit sensitive.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    sensitive I might agree with, that doesn't stop her being immature as well.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    why is it immature, and why are you being mean? Do you know this person in real life.
    We all do things that are immature,whatever our age,even you dear, but that doesnt actually mean we ARE immature.
    I cry really easily. I get upset if I think people dont like me, and sometimes I rant and call people names behind their backs if im really pissed off. I also sometimes tell people to their faces if im feeling brave enough and its not a risk to my job. I used to rant about my ex boss all the time, call him an arsehole to my friends and colleagues, and they all did the same thing, because he WAS an arsehole and it was the only way most of us could cope with working there - its called letting off steam.
    It maybe immature and unprofessional, but we all have the capacity to be a bit childish about certain things, and to be honest, who really cares. Nobody has the perfect attitude to everything, and you definitely dont either Fiend.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Not that I can't handle this accusation of "mean" but I'm hardly the only person that thinks she's being a child about this.

    I don't have a problem with sensitivity, I fail to see how it excuses such immaturity.

    ETA: Just for the record, it's not like my boss in my gap year was exactly easy to handle, especially from the generalised sexual harrasment.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Fiend_85 wrote:
    Not that I can't handle this accusation of "mean" but I'm hardly the only person that thinks she's being a child about this.

    I don't have a problem with sensitivity, I fail to see how it excuses such immaturity.

    ETA: Just for the record, it's not like my boss in my gap year was exactly easy to handle, especially from the generalised sexual harrasment.
    No you werent, I think Kermits mean too.
    If youve had to handle a difficult boss then thats a shame. If youd come on here and ranted and called him a cunt, i wouldnt have blamed you or called you immature. Him being an arsehole is a worse crime than someone reacting to him being an arsehole, yes?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Personally, from what I've heard I don't think this particular manager is being an arsehole, Bong and Kermit agree.

    My boss being an arsehole is no call for me to over-react, work might take up a lot of time, but as far as I'm concerned it's a small part of my life.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Fiend_85 wrote:
    Personally, from what I've heard I don't think this particular manager is being an arsehole, Bong and Kermit agree.

    My boss being an arsehole is no call for me to over-react, work might take up a lot of time, but as far as I'm concerned it's a small part of my life.
    Good for you. You have a sensible attitude towards your work.
    I still think your attitude towards people that are more sensitive and think differently to you, leaves a lot to be desired. I also often think this about Kermit and have rowed on here about that sort of thing before :yes: He does redeem himself though with his other views and is nice in real life, which im sure you probably are too, but on here, your attitude to others often pisses me off.
    Maybe its because im immature?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Maybe it's because we view things differently.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Good for you. You have a sensible attitude towards your work.
    I still think your attitude towards people that are more sensitive and think differently to you, leaves a lot to be desired. I also often think this about Kermit and have rowed on here about that sort of thing before :yes: He does redeem himself though with his other views and is nice in real life, which im sure you probably are too, but on here, your attitude to others often pisses me off.
    Maybe its because im immature?

    Thanks for your support Rainbow brite, i mean so what if i am being a little immature, to me work is a big part of my life as i am at work most of my life! Doh! and i too can be quite sensitive, also the girl i described really is a little cow so i really couldnt care less what fiend thinks to be honest, it surprises me that fiend is like 20! and besides who made fiend god of the sites! i can say what i like, i was genuinely upset about the situation and asked for some guidance on how to deal with it, not to be called immature and all that jazz!

    Why dont you try enjoying life Fiend, perhaps if you weren't so mature you wouldn't sound soooo old and bitter for such a young person, u really should take a leaf out of my book :cool:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Why dont you try enjoying life Fiend, perhaps if you weren't so mature you wouldn't sound soooo old and bitter for such a young person, u really should take a leaf out of my book :cool:

    Its lucky that actually ends up being funny rather than insulting.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    bongbudda wrote:
    Its lucky that actually ends up being funny rather than insulting.

    Its lucky is it, why what would you have done if it wasn't? :chin:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Its lucky is it, why what would you have done if it wasn't? :chin:

    I wouldn't have done anything, it would have just been quite pathetic if it was supposed to be insulting.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    bongbudda wrote:
    I wouldn't have done anything, it would have just been quite pathetic if it was supposed to be insulting.

    U lot really need to get off your high horse, just because your 'established' lol and have been around for a while........u think you own the site and that what you say goes, now that is pathetic! :yes: get a CLUE! :p
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    U lot really need to get off your high horse, just because your 'established' lol and have been around for a while........u think you own the site and that what you say goes, now that is pathetic! :yes: get a CLUE! :p

    You are not supposed to use 'text speak' its in the rules.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Good for you. You have a sensible attitude towards your work.
    I still think your attitude towards people that are more sensitive and think differently to you, leaves a lot to be desired. I also often think this about Kermit and have rowed on here about that sort of thing before :yes: He does redeem himself though with his other views and is nice in real life, which im sure you probably are too, but on here, your attitude to others often pisses me off.
    Maybe its because im immature?


    i agree with rainbow brite. ok,Kermit and Fiend offer an alternative opionion,but it wasnt really helping was it.

    I think anyone with any personality at all would be concerned if someone working with you was acting in the way described. Cherriepie has every right to question this in this forum
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Dear. Oh. Dear.

    How a thread has moved from a problem at work to a petty argument about maturity really is beyond me. Maybe ALL OF YOU are being a tad immature?

    Shall we just get back to the original topic and stop taking sides. :rolleyes:

    CherryPie - in between all the bitching there have been a few good suggestions in here. I wonder if this situation has nothing to do with you at all - but that your manager has her own issues that are making her act this way? Maybe she's unhappy about something or just shy etc? Whatever it is I can totally understand how you feel - when you don't even get a 'good morning' you can start to dread going to work. I know - I've been there (not here at TheSite I might add!)

    The thing to do is rise above it. Carry on being as pleasant as you can muster the energy for - if she is having problems she will appreciate it, and you'll feel better that you're making an effort. But resign yourself to the fact that it's purely a professional relationship. Be courteous and work hard and leave it at that. You obviously get on with other people in your office - try and arrange to spend a couple of lunch times a week with others to get some pleasant interaction and if you need to talk to someone else about something at work, make the effort to go and see them rather than sending an email.

    You might find some of the articles in our work section helpful too.

    :)
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    spanner wrote:
    Dear. Oh. Dear.

    How a thread has moved from a problem at work to a petty argument about maturity really is beyond me. Maybe ALL OF YOU are being a tad immature?

    Shall we just get back to the original topic and stop taking sides. :rolleyes:

    CherryPie - in between all the bitching there have been a few good suggestions in here. I wonder if this situation has nothing to do with you at all - but that your manager has her own issues that are making her act this way? Maybe she's unhappy about something or just shy etc? Whatever it is I can totally understand how you feel - when you don't even get a 'good morning' you can start to dread going to work. I know - I've been there (not here at TheSite I might add!)

    The thing to do is rise above it. Carry on being as pleasant as you can muster the energy for - if she is having problems she will appreciate it, and you'll feel better that you're making an effort. But resign yourself to the fact that it's purely a professional relationship. Be courteous and work hard and leave it at that. You obviously get on with other people in your office - try and arrange to spend a couple of lunch times a week with others to get some pleasant interaction and if you need to talk to someone else about something at work, make the effort to go and see them rather than sending an email.

    You might find some of the articles in our work section helpful too.

    :)

    Thank you Spanner, the thing is this thread has been going on now for so long, i have pretty much decided to just get on with it, your right everyone just went off the topic and it just got really stupid, i apologise if i have offended anyone and look forward to lots more banter on maturity in other threads :p

    Thanks to everyone for your comments and suggestions xx :D
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Maybe she's just very shy ... especially if she's rlly friendly on nights out and stuff (alcohol = shyness cure :P).

    I wouldnt take it personally, if you have never felt shy then u might not be able to understand how she feels...idk. The fact that she doesnt even answer when you say Hi and good morning or whatever seems a bit harsh though, maybe it was just exaggeration for the sake of arguement ^^
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Well ave you tried tlkin to her askin bout wot she dose outside of work maby ask her out 4 a drink or 2 wid mates den start 2 get chatty and keep on goin thro dis until she startes askin questions
Sign In or Register to comment.