Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Hey

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi people, just registered today. I'm Allen and I've been watching the boards for a while now, thought it was about time I joined in a bit. I've just finished my A-Levels and I'm currently taking a year out, working and saving some cash together with a mate who's doing the same.

We're planning to go to backpacking around Thailand for seven weeks or so from the middle of november (all being well) and then I'll see what's doing after that.

I'm a keen photographer and I've also studied Film at A-Level - which I am planning to take further when I start my deferred degree course in Sheffield next September (the history, theory and criticism of Film)

Oh yeah, I'm a big music man too. Music is probably my biggest interest :)

Anyway, that's me. Cheers for now....

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hello :) :wave: welcome to the boards.
    Good luck with everything and welcome. :)
    Hey there. Happy posting :)

music <3

what type of thing are you into?
    Cheers everyone :)

and mystifymysoul, I'm into old school Rock mostly. A bit of Folk etc. Here are some of the bands/artists I'm into:

Cream/Blind Faith/Dominos/Clapton, Neil Young/Buffalo Springfield/Crazy Horse/CSNY, Bob Dylan, Pink Floyd, Wishbone Ash, Free, Hendrix, Jefferson Airplane, Sex Pistols, AC/DC, Stone Roses, Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, The Doors, Marvin Gaye, Van Morrison, James Brown, The Eagles/Don Henley, Nirvana, The Beatles/John Lennon, Frank Zappa, BB King, The Velvet Underground, Ramones, Thin Lizzy, U2, The Kinks, The Jam/Paul Weller, The Libertines, Smashing Pumpkins, The Bravery, Stevie Wonder, The Who, The Clash, Santana, The Band, Oasis, Coldplay, The Verve, Muse, Bob Marley, Deep Purple, Janis Joplin, Pearl Jam

So I'm pretty eclectic, I just hate the mainstream :yuck:

I get most of my taste from my parents, but that doesn't bother me. I grew up with this music and it's a whole lot better than anything else if you ask me. But then that's only my opinion.
    Hello and welcome! :wave:
    Most of them are mainstream, but never mind.

Welcome to theSite :yippe: :wave:

And enjoy Thailand.
    Kentish wrote:
    Most of them are mainstream, but never mind

Pfft, hardly 'the' mainstream. Oasis, Coldplay, The Bravery, The Verve, Muse and U2 I'd agree with, but most of the rest aren't :p

Cheers for the welcome, I'm liking this place. And yeah, Thailand is coming up now, and I'm really looking forward to getting out there, my first travelling adventure so to speak - should be fun :cool: