Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

A treat a day

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
If you wanted to build a treat a day into your routine, what kind of things would you do? I'm trying to do this myself because I'm going through a hard time right now, but I am bordering on the unimaginative and I've come up with the following so far:

Bubble bath with candles

:chin: Any suggestions?

Comments

• Options
    i'd go shopping.

but i can't afford that. :(

i'm doomed!
  • Options
    Shopping in Newcastle.
    Trips to Baltic/Laing.
    A nice haircut.

And small things, candlelit baths, an early night with a good book, a bar of your favourite chocolate...
  • Options
    or do some exercise..bound to make you feel better.
  • Options
    I pamper myself with a steam and sauna every friday with the rest of the girls and a selection of body and hair products.
  • Options
    BumbleBee wrote:
    If you wanted to build a treat a day into your routine, what kind of things would you do? I'm trying to do this myself because I'm going through a hard time right now, but I am bordering on the unimaginative and I've come up with the following so far:

Bubble bath with candles

:chin: Any suggestions?

Foot massage, hand massage, back massage - any massage!

Pedicures/manicures - if you lie that kind of thing.

A good eyebrow pluck doen by somebody else is my idea of fun. ou come out looking better,. Perhaps I associate a bit of pain with pleasure :-)

I love a trip to the chiropodist then I come out with bveautiful feet and toes...all uncomfortable but worth it.

Going to the hairdressers and getting a great style.

Buying on luxury item you know full well you could really do without.

Going to bed early and sleeping for twelve hours.

Going for a discounted makeover and fashion shoot and feeling pleased when people say, who's that beautiful woman is that your older far better looking sister?

Yeah, okay the pictures won't look anything like you or what you look like on a normal day, but that's the point!
  • Options
    I do the plucking thing :blush:

Light some incense sticks and have a chill out session in your room.

Or ring a mate you haven't spoken to for a good ole' chinwag.

Watch a film you like with popcorn.

Make a cake.
  • Options
    I like the idea of a dawn walk, but I'm too sleepy at that time.
  • Options
    Pampering yourself is good one. Also buying yourself something small like some make up or something.
  • Options
    A nice meal out, but then again i am a sucker for food :p
  • Options
    nothing i like more than a sunday afternoon in bed.
  • Options
    Well when I study, or have say... a form to fill in (I find forms stressful, not good at some areas of studying either) I kind of set myself a treat at the end of it...

For example yesterday I got my passport sorted (which was really hard) so I treated myself to a can of cherry 7up.

Maybe you could treat yourself with funsize mars bars (because a lot of people are concerned about their weight, a smaller Mars bar won't hurt as much), or after a period of time a trip to the cinema or maybe some wine (then again if your hard time is affecting your mood, maybe drinking isn't the best thing).

I am working right now reading the International Covenant on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights, have another document to read through after this, but I'm treating myself tonight by going to a local rock night. :)
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    A nice haircut.

:yeees: David, are you suggesting I don't already have a nice haircut? :p

Thanks for the suggestions folks, there are some goods ones there.

I went shopping and bought some yummy treats as well as indulgent body lotions, a niec magazine and a good book.

I've also bought some crafty things to make Christmas cards (something I enjoy) and booked a makeup lesson with BeneFit (yey!) for later this month.

As for shopping... I'd love to do more but I'm all spent up for now!
  • Options
    Chocolate :yes: :yum:
  • Options
    Go to the shop and buy lots different variations of tea / coffee / hotchocolate (whichever you prefer) and go through trying all the different ones. I've done it with hot chocolate before, great fun :) my favourite was the caramel/toffee one, can't remember now.