Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

ayahuasca

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I was wondering what type of experiences anybody has had with this. I was in Iquitos and passed it up b/c I wasn't in a godd position to properly prepare. But A Peruvian Shamen comes to my area a couple times a year. He usually leads groups of about a dozen people through the experience at a time way out in the country. It spreads by word of mouth and one of my good friends has done it several times and highly and let me emphasize "highly" recommends it. So I should be participating next weekend Friday and Saturday night. I've heard quite a few storys but the only thing consistent is that no ones experience is the same. Anyone tried it?

Comments

• Options
    No ones experience is ever the same from hallucinogenics, thats the whole point, there are certainly similarities but never the same.

As to the experience, I have a friend who has done it in Brazil and he really liked it, although the woman he was with was sick a lot, it can make you quite ill.

How experienced with trips are you? Oral DMT can be very strong and it lasts several hours.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    viridis, have you had a look at Erowid's information on Ayahuasca? There is loads of information and some experiences on there as well, it may be worth a read...
  • Options
    ayahuasca

I realize everyone experiences different things on Hallucinogens, But I wouldn't casually throw ayahuasca into that category as a whole. I rarely leave my body, see jaguars, serpents, visit past lives, and go to complex ariel worlds on mushrooms. But I have done a bit of research, will be with an experienced Shaman, and a friend who has done this several times with this shaman. My experiences include LCD, Mushrooms, intense K holes, and DMT. I'll admit after hearing a few stories one can't help but be nervous. Also, I'm at a point in my life when a have my share of uncertainties about some of the directions in which I'm heading. Anyone who had done LCD knows this can have negative effect on the trip. But in researching ayahuasca, I realize that not only is it by no means recreational, but that it is acually used a lot as a theraputic medicine to help people deal with and understand complex problems they are having(like being kicked off there land by logging companies in the Amazon and having no where to go). Anyway, Sunday kicks off my week of no smoking, no meat consumption, alcohol etc. in preperation.

On a different subject BB, when one makes honey oil, I understand you need to grind the leaves up into a powder first prior to pouring butane over/through them. I would assume this involves drying them first. Do you know how dry they need to be? Any other specific tips on this subject would be appreciated.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,284 Skive's The Limit
    Them Liquid Crystal Displays fuck your head up. :p
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    If you have read around on the topic and have done other hallucinogens I'm not sure what more I can add. Just be careful.

As for 'honey oil' I presume you mean cannabis oil, I cant say I've ever tried to make it myself, I've had it once a while ago now and I wasnt all that impressed, it was far harder to use and I didnt see the point.
  • Options
    ooooh, do you live in peru?? i just got back from there...beautiful place :)
  • Options
    Ayahuasca

I don't live in Peru. I live in North Carolina(U.S.). I had the chance to go there a couple years ago to Iquitos, Cusco, and Lima. I enjoyed it all accept Lima. I espaecially like Cusco.

here is something interesting I read:

Youv'e got some good info on the diets sachahambi,thats pretty much how it is in the Amazon. One thing you failed to mention is that the diets are extremely hard man! ha ha. Its an incredibly intense experience to diet and drink ayahuasca for long periods. Your brain just downloads cosmic knowledge at high speeds!!

I spent 6 weeks in the jungle off the Rio Ucayali last summer dieting. I will talk a little about my experiences; if you would like me to go further into anything i mention then just ask...i love to chat about this stuff .

On my second night with the shaman I drank ayahuasca for the first time...this was one of the best nights of my life! Soon after I drank I lay back and my mattress began to rock gentle, an indian then came to me in my visions put his arm round me and away we went This indian is now one of my guides.

My first diet started the next day. The shaman chose 3 trees for me to diet. We walked into the jungle and he showed me how to cut a piece of the bark with a machete and how to heal the wound by blowing mapacho (cigar of jungle tobacco used for healing) smoke onto the tree. My 3 trees were Chuchuhuasi, Huaca Purana and Chullachaqui Caspi. The shaman said I would also be dieting the plants in the ayahuasca brew as I would be consuming these during the diet. Our ayahuasca was made up of :

Cielo Ayahuasca (Heaven's Ayahuasca as oppose to Thunder ayahuasca which is a lot darker, he told me)
    Chacruna
    Ayuhuma
    Huara Caspi (caspi=tree in Quechua)
    Lopuna Blanca
    Capirona
    Catahua
    Toe (datura)
    Wambe (acts like a high tension wire - ables travel to any part of the world instantly)

The diet lasted 7 days and 8 nights. Each 12 hr period is counted as day in dieting so the shaman said I had 15 days of dieting after my first diet. For purification purposes I could only eat boiled plantains, yucca (which tasted of cardboard), rice and fish, and sometimes eggs. Bland as hell. The pervasive mood of the diet is usually depression! Ha ha. No really...all the negative emotions have to come to the surface before they can be released.

After one day, I was extremely irritable and really couldnt be bothered continuing with the diet! The shaman would then tell me to bath in the river to lift the heaviness I was feeling. During the diets you feel very heavy, the only cure is to bath in the river at least 4 or 5 times a day. You have to go under the water to submerge your crown and you immediately feel the relief as the weight lifts. When youre feeling this **** the last things you need is to sit down at meal times to boiled bananas and rice!

I drank ayahuasca 4 times during the first diet and went through some pretty dark ceremonies as I experienced my ego from the point of view of my higher self and saw how much negativity had been built up inside of me over the years.

My 2nd ceremony in particular was really intense, the ayahuasca really wasted me. I couldnt get off the floor, I had to be helped to the toilet, my visions were so extreme and so fast I thought my head was gonna blow up. I couldnt handle it. I pleaded to the shaman to calm the visions down, he sat on the floor next to me and held my hand and pulled the mariacione (the visionary effect) out of my body into him. It helped me a bit but i was still really out there. We drank at 8pm and by sunrise my visions were still strong!! I asked the shaman why this was happening he said, "Paul, the reason you are so mariacion (drunk) is that the ayahuasca loves you, I have asked Papa Tua (the head spirit of ayahuasca) to let you come back but he won't stop hugging you..ha ha ha", this was funny to him but not so funny at the time for me!

During the ceremonies the spirits the trees i was dieting came to me and introduced themselves and we went on all sorts of quests. Sometimes to their houses, sometimes to different planets and sometimes to see my friends in England asleep in bed! I also hung out with my power animals who werent part of the trees.

I managed to crawl through the first diet on all fours. But after that it got easier as my spirit and body became stronger. My second diet was 7 plants; Chuchuhuasi, Chullachaqui caspi, Huaca Purana, Tama Muri, Ayuhuma, Una de Gato and Huaira Caspi. More plants but much easier than the first. For my third diet the shaman added Capirona, Lopuna Blanca, Punga Negra, Punga Amarilla, Cumba Ceaba, Bombinsana.

I learnt some pretty amazing things during my diets, about where thought come from, what the mind is, how the medicine works, how icaros work (magical healing songs), how demons get inside your head and a whole load of other stuff. The shaman told me that I would have to drink ayahuasca at least 100 times and do 6 months of diets before I could use ayahuasca to heal others. I've a long way to go but i'm enjoying every step! They'res loads more to tell but I think i've said enough for now.

Hope this has given you an insight into the reality (or lack of it!) of dieting
  • Options
    Oh my GOD what is this stuff. lol
  • Options
    pmadman wrote:
    Oh my GOD what is this stuff. lol

It is a solution of DMT and sometimes 5-meo-dmt with a MOAI to make it orally active.
  • Options
    So could i get it in London?
  • Options
    Cristal wrote:
    So could i get it in London?

Yes, and no.

Yes, DMT does appear on the black market every now and then but it is rare, then getting someone to make the solution for you is even harder.

Oh, and DMT is a Class A drug, just in care you were wondering.
  • Options
    Aya

Well, its on for this weekend and I've been doing a lot of research. I haven't eaten meat all week, I go vegan after tonight, as well as no more spices including salt and pepper and I actually got all the masturbation humanly possible out of the way over the weekend. It is recommended to abstain from any pleasurable habits to mentally prepare yourself, but some foods can actually have very bad reactions with the Aya. It looks like there will be about 15 of us not including the Shaman which is about the maximum you would want considering that that's a lot of people for the Shamen to look over. It going to be on a couple's land who are in their 40's and live on 120 beautiful acres out in the country. There will be a nice mixture of people there for different reasons and different healing they wish to take place. I myself will be focusing on different topics/questions I wish to cosult the spirits about. I will be participating both Friday and Saturday. My friend reccomending that I do it twice b/c as with most first experiences, you don't exactly no what to expect, which may take away many aspects of control although from what I hear, you don't take the Aya, the Aya takes you. I think the whole concept of the brew drawing all your toxins up into your digestive system causing a major purge is quite inviting as well in a cleansing sort of way. The only reason I'm not skeptical about some of what I've read is due to my friends, my previous experinces with K holes and DMT, belief in the spiritual unknown, and the fact that there are a lot of crazy plants that come out of the Amazon. I'll keep you posted