Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Hair testing for drugs

I need to get a hair test for cocaine and I was wondering if anybody knew of places in north london that will do it. I also need to know about costings.
If I say I only need it for coke will they only test for that or would they test for the whole lot?

I know they'll find a load of weed in my hair because I smoke on a regular basis as a form of pain relief. I used to smoke it just to get stoned but I've noticed the difference in my joint pain when I stopped so started smoking it again, but only a enough for it to be a pain killer.

Also how would the results be shown?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    What is it for?

I know Release do drug tests for people to help but I dont think they do hair tests, does it have to be a hair test, they are the most expencive and hardest to do.

I presume the results will be just a report of what they found, I'm sure you could ask for only cocaine to be tested but its usual to do the whole lot, opiates, amphetamines, cocaine and cannabis.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,283 Skive's The Limit
    It's bloody expensive.

Really not worth it just to get back in a pub.
    Weekender Offender 
    I got accused of doing cocaine in a pub loo and it go me barred (i've never done cokein my life) and becuase its a serious alligaion I want to prove that I'm not doing coke (and I want to get my socail life back since my mates wont change pubs)

How expensive are we talking?

Yea it has to be a hair test because its been more than a week since being accused so if there was coke in my system then it would be gone by now
    Its not just to get back into a pub, I personally dont give to shites about the pub, but my mates wont change and if I cant go in there I cant see my mates:(
    I doubt any organisation is going to help you, you can of course buy testing kits over the net, but how do they then know it was your hair they tested.

You could try and phone Release (www.release.org.uk) and ask them and offer to pay for any costs plus a donation, because they wouldnt do it for free, not for this reason.
    And what am I ment to do about my mates then?
    Zella wrote:
    And what am I ment to do about my mates then?

Get them to move. Or get new friends.

Is the pub really going to accept a hair test anyway?
    speak to your friends, if they know you didnt do coke and you've been barred for no reason they aren't being very nice not moving pubs for you. How long are you barred for? Did they tell you or is it just indeffinatly??
    just go back in the pub and see if they notice, few of our friends have been barred from various pubs, they tend to forget after a couple of weeks, unless of course its like the village tavern or something.

or you could go in on your own one day when its quiet and just have a chat with the manager, maybe he'll feel sorry for you and give in.

sorry cant help with the drugs test thing, but good look on clearing your name