Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Jobcentre annoyance

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
When i went down to the jobcentre on tuesday morning i stopped at one of the touch screen search points. Found something i liked the look of so printed it out. Brought it home with me becaus eit's for somewhere round the corner from where i live and on the form it said to contact Mr X on such & such a number. I rang the number and asked for this Mr X only to be told that it shouldnt say tha tand that i should drop into the store for an application form.

When i heard that i immediatly felt infuriated, i mean i was running around chasing my own arse for gods sake, i feel like that took up precious time i could have used for job seeking elsewhere. I think i am going to complain because thats just not on, half the time the JC i go to dont even care enough to help search for work so this kind of thing just does not help me and other job seekers at all. Am i wrong to want to complain and get this fixed so that people like me dont waste their time in future ?

It's hard enough finding work as it is without running around after my own arse.

In all honesty i really do not think the the jobcentre, and its staff do enough to help the unemployed, but i should say that this could just be the JC i attend and not necessarily all jobcentres.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I wouldn't bother with the JC if i were you. When i was looking for a job i found the staff incredibly unhelpfull. My mans been searching for work in there for months now and found sweet FA. Really, don't bother. Pick up a news paper instead, your much more likely to get a job that way.
    The JobCentre are actually very good when it comes to offering jobs, and people who can't find anything are either lazy, picky or thick.

But they are only as good as the information they receive from employers, and if the shop cocked up then its not really the JC's fault.
    my jobcentre was really helpful, even tho the staff couldnt care less there were a couple of guys i knew wanted to help me, they helped me with stamps,let me know of any intresting jobs before they were posted and even lent me money to travel to a few interviews. i think the trick is to get in with some of them you have to charm them to get what u want.
    Kermit wrote:
    The JobCentre are actually very good when it comes to offering jobs, and people who can't find anything are either lazy, picky or thick.

But they are only as good as the information they receive from employers, and if the shop cocked up then its not really the JC's fault.
    glad to see you're not attacking us this time!!

You're right though we can only put what employers tell us to on our systems and we would always advise anyone not to rely 100% on our jobpoints as we only get a small percentage of the vacancies out there. If you notice a mistake though I would always advise telling someone, nicely of course, then at least the next person who looks at isn't wasting their time!
    rachie004 wrote:
    The thread is 2 months old!
    so why are you reading it then!!
    rachie004 wrote:
    The thread is 2 months old!
    it might be old, but i dont think 2months counts as a dead thread yet.
    Thread might be getting a bit past its prime tho