Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Pics of an eighth

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Could someone please post a picture of a eighth of weed? I realise appearances will differ depending on various factors, but if someone could post a picture of what they consider a typical eighth bag, then it would help me so I know whether I'm being ripped off or not.

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    I would really prefer you didn't do that, its a pointless exercise in any case because of so many varying factors - the weed may be wet, compressed - there are plenty of pictures available on the internet, why don't you have a look at some growers sites or put it into google image?
  • Options
    just weight it, an eighth should weight 3.5 grams, (as there is 28.35 grams in a ounce) pics don't realy matter as it can depend on how tight it is packed
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,283 Skive's The Limit
    This weights the equivalent of an eighth.

pennyrev.gif
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Waste of time putting up pics, just buy the stuff then weigh it and if doesnt weigh correctly, don't get it from the same place
    :yes:

I've had an eight that looked rather small because it was all compacted, ground down nice and smoked beutifully.
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    This weights the equivalent of an eighth.

pennyrev.gif
    ...and a 2p wieghs a quarter and a benson and hedges wieghs a gram as does a ten pound note.
  • Options
    Lambert & Butler weigh a gram too... and it's common knowledge round here that 2p weighs 1/4 of an ounce, 7-8gram- double what you should be gettin for an eighth.

I can eyeball amounts of cannabis really accurately actually.
  • Options
    Uprising wrote:
    I can eyeball amounts of cannabis really accurately actually.

another good way of telling is getting used to how heavy xyz feels in your hand as eyeballing isnt always useful

also remember to take the weight of the bag into consideration ... easy to forget if you're using scales ...
  • Options
    You can't tell eigths in your hand thats rediculous.... they're too light to know if your getting ripped.

If it feels heavy thats good but 1/8 of an ounce weighs fuck all
  • Options
    Well... can you tell the difference between a 3.5g eighth and a 2g? Not a chance.
  • Options
    im talking about solid for the hand weighing actually

and eyeballing cant be completly accurate becasue you have you take into consideration the fact that the may be compressed .. might not be dried out fully etc ... you can still take a rough guess but there's no guarantee that you're right
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Eyeballing it tells you little about the weed. At all.

Only way to know for sure is to weigh it.
  • Options
    at the end of the day ...if your not sure what your buying ...then don't.
    there aint always scales around ...how important is it what it wieghs?
    if your spending a tenner or a hundred quid ...take a look ...if your satisfied it's nice ...make your mind up wether or not it's worth what your spending.
    simple.
    'yeah ...thatds worth a tenner to me'.
  • Options
    ^^^ Yeah that's all there is to it.
  • Options
    A lot of people round here dont even weigh their 1/8ths, all they do is fill a small zip bag up with poor green that hasnt been cured properly and charge £20 for it, hence why I won't buy it off them. you must be getting 2g of poor green if that :grump: