Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Dealing in gym drugs?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
A friend of mine was stopped and searched by the police. They found a bag of 96 tablets and has subsequently been charged with drug dealing and released on bail while they test the tablets.

He bought them in the gym (£10 for 100) and thinks they are some sort of protein but he isn't sure exactly what the medical name for them is. A lot of the guys in his gym take them to help them work out. My friend thought this was completely legal and was given no reason to think otherwise (I think he was a little naive but bear in mind he has only been in the UK for a few years).

We're now really scared that they are going to turn out to be steroids or something illegal (although the police said whatever it was, it would be a class C) and he might go to prison for dealing (although they were all for his own use).

Does anyone have any advice or know what they might have been?

Thanks.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    (although the police said whatever it was, it would be a class C) and he might go to prison for dealing (although they were all for his own use).

Firstly, how could the police be able to tell if they are a class C drug when they don't even know what they contain! They couldn't know.

What did he buy the pills for if he doesn't even know what they contain himself. Sounds pretty silly to me.

Honestly nobody here knows for sure what the pills are and what they contain.
    To be honest, I really dont know about these sort of situations...

But I think the best thing to do is be completely honest... dont try and blag your way out of it...

When he turns up in court (Assuming it goes to that) dress smart, be poliet, as I say, tell the 100% truth and hope for the best...

Sorry I cant be more help... im sure there are others on here that will know more than me...
    I guess they figured that if it did turn out to be something illegal, it would be a class C as opposed to anything higher. Anyone know the sentence/tarriff for such an offence?

Yeah, it was silly, I guess he knows that now, and I told him so. A lot of his friends were taking them too.
    I guess they figured that if it did turn out to be something illegal, it would be a class C as opposed to anything higher. Anyone know the sentence/tarriff for such an offence?

Yeah, it was silly, I guess he knows that now, and I told him so. A lot of his friends were taking them too.

Its impossible to say... it all depends on what the court decide when they hear his side of the story...

Being done for Dealing is alot harsher than being done for possession...

But if they belive that he didnt know about it, then its possible he could get off with a warning... this all depends on if they are actually an illegal substance or not though...

You will have to wait for the results!
    im confused about all this

the first thing i would have done was go mad at how absurd it was, then proceed to direct to police to the gym ...

i don't see the problem ? looks like the scum are just up to their usual scare tactics, they probably thought he was trying to bullshit his way out of a situation he wasnt even in
  • JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Princess Rosa, have a look here for more information, but the penalty for supply of a Class C drug is up to 5 years and a fine.

Your friend could call Release, who provide legal advice and would be able to tell him exactly what his rights are. I would definetely recommend it.
    These drugs would be steroids then obviously, avaliable around most non trendy gyms, there a class C, and unless your mate has thousads of them and is on the dole then I cant see him being charged with supply or evern being charged atall, he has to stick to the story that there for personall use evern if he (unbelievibly) syas he didnt know they were steroids.
    He's forign not been in the UK long so theres not much chance of him getting more than a caution.

Oh and tell him theres no point taking just the pills they will make your muscels fill with water but no long tearm benefits,if he realy wants to take them you have to use 2 kinds in combination injecting one.
    (not that Id recomend ect ect just giving advice etc)

There not a substitute for hours of hard work and the right diet.
    i know a couple of people that buy epherdrine (sp??) from the gym, it could be that, i dont think that uts illegal to posses just illegal to sell
    Nowt serious will happen I wouldn't worry too much about it, it's just a bit of hassle for him really.

My mates just got 2yrs for threatening someone with a knife because a group of pissheads started on him n he pulled it out in protection but then they dosey bugger wouldn't put it down when coppers came n got piled to the floor by 5 of them haha. He's at crown court and everything...not looking good at all. He's just got out on bail and has to be in at 7pm.
    Take one think about this he could have bought normal protein enriched pills that people in the gym use and it so happens the cops stop him with them, obviously the police are then going to presume that what he has got are drugs, but once they test them it may appear to turn out that the cops are in the wrong and the pills will have to be returned to the rightful owner...

Although at the same time i am not ruling out that they could be steriods but if they are he will a fine, court case etc. as they are illegal now unless perscribed by a doctor

Possible but unlikely Iv seen proteen bars and proteen powder for shakes but never proteen pills, Im not saying they dont exsist but Ithink its unlikely.
    Has anyone else come across proteen pills ?
    and if they are steroids then its as illegal (or less) than Marijuana so he would probably just get a caution,
    and if they are steroids then its as illegal (or less) than Marijuana so he would probably just get a caution,

Nuff sed.