Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Family Guy

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Now don't get me wrong I'm a huge family guy fan. I absoutly cannot cannot wait until the stewie movie comes out. But who here thinks its got increasingly worse every year. Stewie no longer tries to kill lowis, Mr Weed no longer exists and I dont really look forard to it anymore. This season numero fouro really sucks.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Yes... it seems it is almost dieing. Lack of ideas maybe? Too much "taming" for some reason...?

Who knows? Why do so many shows die?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Well me and my friends are all big Family Guy fans and we loved the Stewie film and most of the new episodes, sure they've got rid of a few characters and stuff, but they were cancelled, maybe they're trying something new to stop that happening again!?
    These shows have to evolve over time. You guys just don't like change. BE careful or when you have kids you'll still be watching Simpsons re-runs!!! I think family guy is doing well to develop itself. The movie was quite poor though but this was owing to the ending which uses a different director. You can really tell because the ending really is a cop out of a good story line.

The effects used though are keeping up with the likes of the Office and the League of Gentlemen by portraying the family as a family of actors. Its very comical in a rather sattirical way that wont capture an American Audience. I think it will better over here and as for Season 4 --- Its AMAZING!!! y isn't it on TV at a decent time????
    I remember once hearing that South Park was having a problem with their episode ideas because it was so hard to come up with something that The Simpsons hadn't done before. maybe Family Guy is having the same problems.
    Having seen 10 episodes of season four so far, it's certainly different from previous ones. But in a good way. I reckon the writing is a lot sharper but there seem to be more pop culture gags. It's actually a lot more subtle now. If you could ever call Family Guy subtle that is.

They seem to be pushing the network a lot more since the program was cancelled. I can't imagine them getting away with a song about AIDs or the entire Petard episode if they didn't feel safe.