Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Sunsilk

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Has anyone used their new shampoo for coloured hair? They have ones for brunettes, blonds and red head.

Comments

• Options
    Yes. When I had red hair I used the one for red heads and now I'm blonde I use the one for blondes.

I can't compare it to other shampoos specifically designed for blondes as this is the only one I've used but my hair is always beautifully shiney when I use it, so I can only assume it's working!
  • Options
    Timotei and John Frieda are better for blondes

I found the sunsilk left a lot of residue and made my hair very greasy very quickley
  • Options
    the shampoo is ok, cant say i noticed a huge difference,

the conditioner isnt very conditioning and you have to use loads especially if you have been swimming or in the sun
  • Options
    I have naturally red hair, and apparently these conditioners are for people with naturally red/blonde/brunette hair-which seems to be a first, most just promise to keep your red hair dye vibrant. :yeees: According to everyone i know who has used them, they're a bit crap tbh.
  • Options
    I used the ones for red hair, but it stinks of ciniman. I changed to VO5 colour fade defy stuff it's so much better.
  • Options
    Char_Baby wrote:
    Timotei and John Frieda are better for blondes

I'm blonde and John Frieda works fine on my hair :thumb:
  • Options
    i got told that shampoos such as sunsilk, pantene levae some sorta plastic in your hair. i use the john frieda shampoo and its brilliant and os is the conditiomer
  • Options
    I found the John Frieda left my hair really dry and brittle.

Other than that I've only used the Timotei for blonde hair. To be honest I don't notice much of a difference using 'special' shampoo for a certain hair colour - with all the blonde shampoos I definately noticed little sparkly bits in there, naturally gives hair highlights, mm? :chin: .