Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Your average night out?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
So not special occasions but your average bog standard night out. Where do you go? What do you prefer to do-pubs all night thena club? A bar crawl, just stopping in your local? What influences where you go and would you go alone if your mates didn't go out? Do you alway get drunk?

I often have a samey routine and get bored by this. I find myself bored these days and try to do things different but my mates are still set in their routine even down to the times they leave a certain pub for another. BUt i do like to have a variety on the night-such as a chain bar like a wertherpoons to start for a cheap splosh, then go to my fave pub and then I always end up at the boring rock club where I end up feeling bored. I know I should find somewhere else now!

But I'm asking because I feel nosey and love hearing about peoples nights out! Mega apologies if there is a similar topic lurking about!
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I don't really pub crawl. Usually its at a studenty pub called TapnTin. They have jukeboxes and pool tables They usually hand out free food. Upstairs its a rock/dance club type thing. :love:

Sometimes I go to a pub called the Command House. Its right next to the river so you get gorgeous views. Again, they have juke boxes and pool tables. Bit more up-market :thumb:

If I really want to take a dive I head down to the local rock club aka The Manor. Its shit and full of sweaty rocker types and chock a block full of under-agers. Its kinda shitty.

Oh and after..Kebab. Hehe.
    my usual night out now starts at a mates for drinks then a pub for afew then a pub thats abit louder then a bar then flares for cocktails then walkabout for an hour ending in sanuk for the whole club thing.we d ait of it all hehe
    I have a few, have a philisophical discussion, then sleep.
    Either round a mates for drinking, games, chat etc. down to the local for a couple or out for the full night to a club.
    Start off at the local pub and then get the bus into the city centre where we do some of the bars before heading to a club
    Same sort of thing really... down the local weatherspoons... bus to the town centre, maybe a bar or 2... then onto 1 of a few clubs...

Like you, i have been trying to break the "routine" lately! It works every now and then, but generally people like to stick to the norm!
    Varies. Involves pubs, not clubs.

Sometimes I indulge in a few poncy bars in Leeds, but mostly just the pub :)
    What you'd expect a 15-yr-old good-for-nothing to do. Out about 8pm, buy alcohol, drink alcohol, spend 30 mins walking around looking for other groups, maybe an hour at some druggy's flat, or a pub if we're lucky, then out to a random park/alley/house... if outside usually a bit of holding your bf down when he gets aggressive... then back to either a mates house to sleep with your bf, or a taxi home.
    FilthyChav wrote:
    What you'd expect a 15-yr-old good-for-nothing to do. Out about 8pm, buy alcohol, drink alcohol, spend 30 mins walking around looking for other groups, maybe an hour at some druggy's flat, or a pub if we're lucky, then out to a random park/alley/house... if outside usually a bit of holding your bf down when he gets aggressive... then back to either a mates house to sleep with your bf, or a taxi home.

that sounds enjoyable...especially the part about a druggy's flat.
    if its a saturday it usually begins at the pub about 12:30 for some lunch and a few pints, round a few more local pubs, then on the footy for 14:58, few beers in the cricket club next to the footy ground, home to get changed at about 18:30, then back to the local where we drink till about 9:30, then into town again. night ends by going back to a house at about 3:30am, carry on drinking till anywhere between 5:30 and 10:00 am, then bed.
    koe_182 wrote:
    if its a saturday it usually begins at the pub about 12:30 for some lunch and a few pints, round a few more local pubs, then on the footy for 14:58, few beers in the cricket club next to the footy ground, home to get changed at about 18:30, then back to the local where we drink till about 9:30, then into town again. night ends by going back to a house at about 3:30am, carry on drinking till anywhere between 5:30 and 10:00 am, then bed.

Jesus!! :eek2: I love my all day drinking sessions! But as a regular thing.... Sounds fun! :razz:
    yeah, i openly admit to drinking too much, me and my friends are all the same. we generally do the same every week with the odd weekend away interspersed here and there, friday nights are laid back nights however, just a few pints at a local or someones house, perhaps a quiz or a few games of poker, so it all balances out.
    I'd sit in smoking a few spliffs then go to the pub, then get a carryout and then onto a disco/rave and sometimes another carryout after the disco, there's an off licence round here that stays open to 3 or 4 in the morning.
    Used to be getting a carryout, have a smoke, get pills and go to a pub or rave...though these days it's just a carryout then pub or a rave...actually, now that i'm in uni which is briliant, I sit in my room drinking and then either go to pub or other house parties
    Not as hardcore as most people but normally starts by going round to a mates house for a couple then we just get a taxi or bus into town. From there go round some bars then we usually end up in some shitty cheesy club until we get chucked out.

Then its off to the kebab shop to get some greasy but beautiful food. Once we have that then sometimes we just stick around the town square for abit, dunno why. Then taxi home and off to bed.
    Are there any more street drinkers left these days...It's basically a ritual for me on a friday night.
    FilthyChav wrote:

that happens in liskeard? and you hold your bf down 'cause he gets aggressive!?
    normally have a few drinks at home, go to a few pubs and then onto a club.
    when im at uni it depends on what night it is as to which club we go to, usually start off by going to a few bars, if one of my flatmates is out then we will drink here before going out, then on to a club. i have an awful habit of getting really really drunk when i go out and mixing my drinks as much as i can. after a club i always go back to my mates house or he comes here and we drink and have a couple of spliffs and then crash
    Rachael wrote:
    I don't really pub crawl. Usually its at a studenty pub called TapnTin. They have jukeboxes and pool tables They usually hand out free food. Upstairs its a rock/dance club type thing. :love:

Sometimes I go to a pub called the Command House. Its right next to the river so you get gorgeous views. Again, they have juke boxes and pool tables. Bit more up-market :thumb:

If I really want to take a dive I head down to the local rock club aka The Manor. Its shit and full of sweaty rocker types and chock a block full of under-agers. Its kinda shitty.

Oh and after..Kebab. Hehe.

Oooh I used to frequent the TapnTin back in the day and the Manor! Have you been to Beacon Court Tavern, they have some great bands on there?
    my nights vary but i always end up drunk, sometimes just right or sometimes too much where i cant remember how i got home etc.

we do bars then club or pub then club and at uni we often drink at home then club.

i do not feel happy if i don't have a dance. its like if i dont get drunk and dance in a club i dont feel fulfilled. i think there are a few reasons for this but not gona go into them now.

also, its shit at home coz sometimes i get dragged to rock clubs. although i dont mind the music theyre slightly more dingier and lets face it, the blokes are not as good looking.
    Usually start off in my town's local 'spoons for the cheap drink, and then head off into Glasgow. Usually start in Yates/Edwards etc, then onto a few other pubs. Then head into a club, come out. Goto the noodle bar, and wait for a taxi home.

Occasionally go over to someones if they have an empty and go home late that morning or sometimes straight to work.... :(
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Go up the local, have a few beers, see what talent there is about and see what drugs are on offer.
    Weekender Offender 
    normally, it's drinks at mine or my friend's house, a couple of lines, then out to a club, a few pills, then back to my friends for more drinks (and whatever anyone has left) and random chatter, then a MacDonald's breakfast (for those of us that can eat), then home for a couple of hours kip before I head to my parent's for my sunday roast :D

we do make an effort to do 'normal' non-debached nights out, but somehow we always end up in the gutter!!!

...maybe I need to get some sensible friends who like tea and scones.....

(don't go out every weekend thankfully, just about twice a month now- I'm getting on a bit and can't take the pace like I could a couple of years ago!) :blush:
    Usually start in Stockport Wetherspoons for some cheap booze, then off in a taxi down the road into Manchester City Centre. Depends what kind of music I fancy, either funky house, cheese or indie. Fall out of the club at 3am-ish, get a Subway/chips and jump on the all-night bus home. Usually fall into bed about 4:30...

That's only when I end up back at mine though, obviously. ;)
    Usually start out in Wetherspoons, then go to 2/3 bars that play music and have enough room to have a dance, then off to a club.
    xXFaithXx wrote:
    Oooh I used to frequent the TapnTin back in the day and the Manor! Have you been to Beacon Court Tavern, they have some great bands on there?

Blimme another TapnTin person! :crazyeyes

Can't say a lot has really attracted me much recently in the Maidstone/Chatham area! Haven't moseyed in the Gillingham direction to the Beacon Court Tavern yet! :chin:
    Start drinking on the way there, and then straight to a club. Gotta be first on the dance floor :p
    Rich-E wrote:
    Blimme another TapnTin person! :crazyeyes

Can't say a lot has really attracted me much recently in the Maidstone/Chatham area! Haven't moseyed in the Gillingham direction to the Beacon Court Tavern yet! :chin:

aye i didn't realise there was so many medway peeps on this site.......tap n tin was okay, mind you anything's better than the drunken sailor.......only thing was on the top floor the sweat drips on your head from the pipes on the ceiling, nice.......i never went in the command house once while i was there, too far out of the way.......n yeah the manor was a bit grimey, makes a bit of a change from pulse, zone and amadeus tho........prince of wales is okay, that's prolly where i'll end up tomorrow evening when i go to visit the uni crew......

back in essex we usually end up in our local everytime, used to frequent the wetherspoons more often but it's just too loud and you can queue all night for a drink so sod that.......

i don't really have a routine anymore, have become a bit more domesticated recently but trying to snap out of that atm, went a bit overboard this week......most weekends i try to catch up with family and various mates spread around the london/southeast area, keeps things interesting.......not much round my area worth going out to, so the odd rave here and there or out and about in greenwich mostly........
    apollo_69 wrote:
    aye i didn't realise there was so many medway peeps on this site.......tap n tin was okay, mind you anything's better than the drunken sailor.......only thing was on the top floor the sweat drips on your head from the pipes on the ceiling, nice.......i never went in the command house once while i was there, too far out of the way.......n yeah the manor was a bit grimey, makes a bit of a change from pulse, zone and amadeus tho........prince of wales is okay, that's prolly where i'll end up tomorrow evening when i go to visit the uni crew......

back in essex we usually end up in our local everytime, used to frequent the wetherspoons more often but it's just too loud and you can queue all night for a drink so sod that.......

i don't really have a routine anymore, have become a bit more domesticated recently but trying to snap out of that atm, went a bit overboard this week......most weekends i try to catch up with family and various mates spread around the london/southeast area, keeps things interesting.......not much round my area worth going out to, so the odd rave here and there or out and about in greenwich mostly........

Me either, how many are there out of interest?! I've gone back to uni in Plymouth now. When i was back home i would either go to the Tap N Tin or Subs in Maidstone on Friday night, held in the Loft. Not many other Rock type places to go to around where I am. When i worked in london i would go to the Koko and the Mean Fiddler occasionally, but its expensive getting around when you've gotta get trains in and back home late.

Being back in Plymouth with a band though, think I'm my own Entertainment for the time being until we gig...