Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Being single again! :)

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi everyone! :wave:

I broke up with my boyfriend recently.....was going out with him for a year and a half. I just realised that I didn't think we really loved each other or were connected as much as we should've been...i just think i stuck with him as i got into a routine and got on well with him. Recently i've been goin out with my friends more, been busy in work and stuff so I decided that if i was ever gonna break up with him, it would be now.

So anyway, it was really hard hurting him but we've decided to stay friends (talk when we bump into each other basically!) The first few days i didn't know if i had made a mistake coz i couldnt stop cryin n started missin him....i think now that it was just guilt more than anything.

I'm really happy bein single now and i know it sounds weird but i feel free! It's so great not havin to think about anyone else and jus do wat i want...feel like a weight has been lifted from my shoulders!

When i went on hols with my friends, we met a group of guys who we stayed in touch with....one guy really liked me n kept textin me but i didnt go near him coz i was with my bf. But at the weekend, we all met up again n i ended up chattin with him and kissed him...(been txtin last few weeks anyway so got to know him alot recently)..he wants to meet up 4 a drink now and he seems really into me....i do really like him but i feel like im gonna end up gettin into a relationship all over again coz i'll get too attached!

Do u think it's OK to just stay in touch n meet up with him for awhile n see wat happens or jus end it b4 i get too close?

Sorry for blabbing on.....feel alot better after gettin it all out anyway! :)

Thanks for any replies! ;)

:heart: Sweetiebabe Xx :heart:

Comments

• Options
    sure, meet him again or whatever if you're having fun just make sure he knows you don't want anything serious 'cause you've just come out of a relationship. but if you think you'll get attached - stay away would probably be the best option in the long run.
  • Options
    sure, meet him again or whatever if you're having fun just make sure he knows you don't want anything serious 'cause you've just come out of a relationship. but if you think you'll get attached - stay away would probably be the best option in the long run.

Took the words out of my mouth
  • Options
    Aww reading that mad me feel all weird inside.
    Me and my boyfriend, who i love to bits, split for a few weeks a little while ago and when i was reading that it made me think about how sad i would of been if my boyfriend done anything like that while we were split up.

Sorry, anyway, if you are sure you want to split up properly with your ex then go 4 it, jst made sure you do really not wanna be with him as it may make it harder getting back with him if u have been seeing someone else.

Haha look at me assuming that everyone wants to get back with their ex just because i did lol sorry mate! Good luck whatever you decide to do
    ~XXX~