Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

whats wrong with my head?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My girlfriend of 5 years and i broke up in July but I havent seen her since January as we live in different countries. My problem is that because its been so long since I have been "intimate" Im finding I no longer have the urge to be with someone new.
I have never been a sleep-around type of guy but have always been very physical with my girlfriends. I admit I am very picky when it comes to women and I would never have one night stands as I need to get to know someone first.
I have now been celibate for like 8 or 9 months and my friends reckon I should just break the duck with anyone. I have had quite a few girls approach me and some I thought were quite nice but I turned them all down. Whats worrying me is that Im not even giving myself a chance to get to know someone new never mind sleep with them!
Whats wrong with my head? Is this normal? Am I not over my girlfriend yet? Am I destined for a life in the priesthood?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It would seem that at the moment finding a girlfriend isn't top of your priorities, which is fine. It isn't the main aim of life to track down a partner. Perhaps you're just more comfortable having some time alone right now.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It takes different people different amounts of time to get over an ex and yeah you might be lacking interest because your not ready to get involved with anyone in anyway yet. But I don't think it is anything to worry about, unless your deeply unhappy about the situation I think you should just take things as they come, you will know when your ready to be with someone new and if you have no urge to get involved then just concentrate on doing stuff to make you happy. I wouldn't worry about what your mates say either its got nothing to do with them and you should always do things at your pace no one elses. I would say your normal and most people go through periods when they don't want anything to do with members of the opposite sex. So stop worrying just enjoy being single and being able to do what the hell you want, when you want!