Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Red mitzis and apples

124»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Tis true. Only levels of risk.
  • Options
    Yes, its true. And trite.
  • Options
    Actually it's not. Since you all agree that anything that has risks, no matter how remote, is unsafe and not harmless...then nothing by your reasoning is harmless. Freak accidents happen, rarely but they do.

You either accept the word harmless can be used for things that have very little chance of risk, or you accept that nothing is harmless. Since you're all choosing the latter, it's pointless to say drugs are not harmless.
  • Options
    More trite bullshit. Well done.
  • Options
    If it's so trite then what have you been talking about?

You're the one person on these forums who jumps on people for using the word harmless, yet here you are saying this is trite?

You have absolutely no idea what the nonsense you type means any more than I do.
  • Options
    Christ, you're a moron.
  • Options
    Yeah this is familiar.

You cant think up any more arguments so you resort to things like that, or

:banghead:

It's usually a good indication you're confused by your own stupidity.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Vray wrote:
    You either accept the word harmless can be used for things that have very little chance of risk, or you accept that nothing is harmless. Since you're all choosing the latter, it's pointless to say drugs are not harmless.

See that is where I believe you are incorrect - by saying 'very little chance of risk' I think you are underplaying it.
  • Options
    Ok, this really isn't going anywhere any more. Don't make me close it.
  • Options
    LadyJade wrote:
    THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A HARMLESS DRUG!!!

Sorry... That came out wrong!!

You are very right, every drug is dangerous...

I ment Shrooms arnt as harmfull as a lot of other drugs...

But I did also point out that they can bring out mental health issues... So I in no way ment they are harmless!!

As with every drug, you have to treat it with respect and use it in moderation...
    This doesnt make them safe, it just lowers the risk.
  • Options
    LadyJade wrote:
    See that is where I believe you are incorrect - by saying 'very little chance of risk' I think you are underplaying it.

But you would never admit to any drug having very litle chance of risk. You highlight the risks because it would be irresponsible not to. I'm neutral to this, using a drug doesn't mean I want to preach it's harmless if it isn't.

Whats your reason for saying 'very little risk' is underplaying it?
  • Options
    Vray wrote:
    Yeah this is familiar.

You cant think up any more arguments so you resort to things like that, or

:banghead:

It's usually a good indication you're confused by your own stupidity.

You're
    (a) not making any point that I can see
    (b) contradicting yourself
    (c) ignoring reality
    (d) refusing to do research
    (e) refusing to listen to people with considerably more knowledge and experience than you.

Which is why I came to the conclusion I did.
  • Options
    Vray wrote:
    But you would never admit to any drug having very litle chance of risk. You highlight the risks because it would be irresponsible not to. I'm neutral to this, using a drug doesn't mean I want to preach it's harmless if it isn't.

Stating risks in such an absolute way as you are is essentially meaningless. What do we mean by "risk"? Does that risk vary from person to person? From situation to situation? Is an OK risk to one person a high risk to another? etc

All me, Lady Jade, Bongbuddha etc are trying to do is to point out to you that actually, the risks of using drugs are not as minimal as you make out and that they can vary considerably.
  • Options
    Where have I contradicted myself?

If I'm ignoring facts and not listening to people who know more than me, then as an expert why dont you show me the facts and back up your argument that the risks are higher than I've stated?

Surely that would be the logical thing to prove you right wouldn't it? Instead you call me a moron, tell me I'm wrong and you know better with no evidence.

So, enlighten me with these facts about shrooms based on your superior knowledge and experience...
  • Options
    :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Thats it?

Looks to me like you're:

(a) not making any point that I can see
    (b) unable to back up your claims of superior knowledge
    (c) ignoring reality
    (d) refusing to do research
    (e) refusing to listen to people with considerably more knowledge and experience than you.

and most importantly

(f) substituting well thought out arguments with smilies because you're confusing yourself with your own stupidity.
  • Options
    *yawn*
  • Options
    Be careful, be educated and think about what you're doing without going overboard and you'll be fine
  • Options
    ^
    which is what I'm saying...some people aren't listening though.
  • Options
    They are but they are giving you the other side of the argument by the looks of things

There is no other side of the arguement, not at least one I can see anyway.
  • Options
    I dont remember saying be uneducated and go overboard.
  • Options
    Vray wrote:

Because you are giving the impression that its all nothing to worry about. Whether a risk is acceptable or not should be decided by an individual in possession of as many of the facts as they can get a hold of. All of the facts preferable. What is an acceptable risk to you may not be an acceptable risk to everyone. Or anyone for that matter.

I actually don't think you have a leg to stand on here and you are just being argumentative for the sake of it.
  • Options
    Well then, it's been decided they are unsafe by the experts.

How to win a debate using the 'TheSite method'...

First make sure you have absolutely no proof to back up any of your claims. If anyone challenges your so called facts, reply with an insult or a smily showing how suddenly frustrated and/or bored you are with the discussion.

Secondly, claim the person you're arguing with has said or done things they quite obviously haven't. If anyone notices you're making things up, ignore it and change the subject. As a last resort, reply with a smily showing how suddenly frustrated and/or bored you are with the discussion.

And finally, under no circumstances allow anyone to say a drug is safe, because somebody, somewhere, with an empty skull and a fetish for humping orangutans is going to go mad and die.

Drugs are bad, m'kay.
  • Options
    Vray wrote:
    Well then, it's been decided they are unsafe by the experts.
    First make sure you have absolutely no proof to back up any of your claims.
    So where is yours? Harm minimisation is a well documented and widely followed model for drug information, adopted by the NHS and substance misuse workers. You are the one swimming against the tide here, so the onus is on you to provide evidence to back up your point of view.

There really is no need to make personal remarks.
  • Options
    Vray; You seem to think people are getting at you or ganging up on you.

This whole debate seems a little overblown now because all we were saying is that mushrooms are more risky than you were making out.
  • Options
    So you want me to back up my claims that mushrooms are such a low risk they can be called safe?

It's on me to give you evidence that they aren't dangerous?

Hang on while I make a list of all the people using mushrooms who had a good time and weren't left fucked up as a result.

You'll have to be patient, this may take several years.
  • Options
    There really isn't much point in continuing this with that attitude.
This discussion has been closed.