Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Red mitzis and apples

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Yes, drugs are pretty much harmless for most people. However, I think that some people on here have quite an immature attitude to drugs and think that "it'll never happen to me". If I had a quid every time I heard that from someone who then went on to fuck up in quite a spectacular way (in both my personal and my professional life), I'd be a lot more well off than I am now. As to "why am I making a big thing about it", well thats from a position of 17 years experience of various drug cultures and over 2 years experience of working for a drugs service. I don't want people to fuck up any more than necessary.
  • Options
    I think most of us know our limits. I dont take more than 2 pills at once because thats a comfortable level, and if I decided to take double that then it would be knowing theres a possibility things could go bad if they're strong. Thats how I think most people do them.

When things go bad I'd bet it's usually the users fault. Not looking after yourself while on them, trying too much of something you're not familiar with etc. I've done it myself, not drank enough on pills when I was really overheating which could have left serious damage. The biggest risk with drugs is the person using it.
  • Options
    Vray wrote:
    I think most of us know our limits. I dont take more than 2 pills at once because thats a comfortable level, and if I decided to take double that then it would be knowing theres a possibility things could go bad if they're strong. Thats how I think most people do them.

Personally I would class double dropping as a high risk activity.
    Vray wrote:
    When things go bad I'd bet it's usually the users fault.

Well, yes. Kind of.
    Vray wrote:
    Not looking after yourself while on them, trying too much of something you're not familiar with etc. I've done it myself, not drank enough on pills when I was really overheating which could have left serious damage. The biggest risk with drugs is the person using it.

Well yes. However, thinking that shrooms are harmless or pills are harmless is an example a user not looking after themselves IMO.
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    Piss off, she's mine damn you!
    thats it!
    if i we ever meet it's bun fight ok?
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    Personally I would class double dropping as a high risk activity.

Only because I need 2 to reach a decent level. If it was too high then it would be uncomfortable. Correct dosage depends on a number of things for each individual, you cant just say it's high risk.

I can say with confidence that shrooms are harmless if you start with a low dose and build up to a level you're comfortable with. The same with pills in moderation. How much, how often and what you do when you're on them determines if theres a risk involved.
  • Options
    Double dropping is a high risk activity for the very fact that you have no idea what is in your pills and how strong they are. Shrooms are also not harmless - they are a powerful psychedelic and can really fuck people up if they're not careful. These things are not toys - they are powerful mind altering drugs. Have fun by all means, but respect the drugs and respect yourself and overall be safe.
  • Options
    double dropping is high risk what? most pills around atm u have to triple drop to get a decent buzz
  • Options
    Get a new dealer.
  • Options
    believe me i want to.
  • Options
    Look - double dropping is daft. So your usual pills may only contain 50mg of MDMA and you need to double drop to get a decent hit. What happens when one day your pills contain a whopping dose of some obscure research chemical and you find yourself having a bad experience for 12 hours, collapsing or ending up in hospital?
  • Options
    i take one to start with, inless i done em before, n i know how much to take.
  • Options
    You can see what I mean about double dropping being high risk though? Personally I'd start with a half until I know roughly how they're gonna effect me.
  • Options
    meh, then u wud have to go all the effort of getting the pill in half
  • Options
    Jonny8888 wrote:
    meh, then u wud have to go all the effort of getting the pill in half

Yeah, its such an effort isn't it? Maybe you should join a gym or something.
  • Options
    :banghead:
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    Yeah, its such an effort isn't it? Maybe you should join a gym or something.

Maybe i should. or maybe you should DIE
  • Options
    Jonny8888 wrote:
    Maybe i should. or maybe you should DIE

How rude. :eek:
  • Options
    *bangs screen*
  • Options
    So the risk you're talking about with pills is that one day you take 2 that have some dodgy chemical in them and it messes you up long term. Well thats possible, but not that likely going by the history of them. Most effects from the other crap in pills dont make you feel any worse, just different. People have been taking them for years without giving much thought to risks, and it hasn't done much harm.

You cant back your opinion that you can get 'fucked up' from shrooms with any evidence yet you're still saying it. You might trip hard and have a nasty experience, thats as bad as its going to get. Unless you want to go into the really rare cases, which isn't even worth bringing to the discussion.
  • Options
    need at least 2 or 3 back to back for a hit, usually a few more to come up properly ... have to eat a few or theres no point as i won't get a good buzz
  • Options
    I never double drop anymore, have a few times but just don't see the point in it. I've seen people drop up to 7 back to back which is stupid and very dangerous.
  • Options
    Vray wrote:
    So the risk you're talking about with pills is that one day you take 2 that have some dodgy chemical in them and it messes you up long term. Well thats possible, but not that likely going by the history of them. Most effects from the other crap in pills dont make you feel any worse, just different. People have been taking them for years without giving much thought to risks, and it hasn't done much harm.

You might want to read up on PMA
    Vray wrote:
    You cant back your opinion that you can get 'fucked up' from shrooms with any evidence yet you're still saying it. You might trip hard and have a nasty experience, thats as bad as its going to get. Unless you want to go into the really rare cases, which isn't even worth bringing to the discussion.

Psychedelics can induce anxiety, depersonalisation, paranoia, depression even psychotic episodes in susceptible people. Read up on it sometime.
  • Options
    z01 wrote:
    need at least 2 or 3 back to back for a hit, usually a few more to come up properly ... have to eat a few or theres no point as i won't get a good buzz

You also need a new dealer.
  • Options
    I get the feeling you're only about 17, am I right?
  • Options
    I think the general point is that MDMA used in known doses responsibly isnt very dangerous.

Knocking back fist fulls of unknown pills is dangerous.

Its about self respect really, you do have to live with your body for the rest of your live you know.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    I think there needs to be some clarification about what risk is.

To say something is 'harmless' implies that it is safe, will cause no harm, is risk free. To say this about drugs is simply wrong and is a position that cannot be justified in any way.

Harm and risk are about more than causing death, they take into account the long term effects as well. There are no conclusive studies that prove that MDMA doesn't have a long term detremental effect on your physical and mental health, but an emerging body of qualitative evidnece suggests this is a high probability.

Anyone who thinks they can mess with their brain chemistry to such an extreme and not suffer any consequenses is ignorant.
  • Options
    LadyJade wrote:
    There are no conclusive studies that prove that MDMA doesn't have a long term detremental effect on your physical and mental health, but an emerging body of qualitative evidnece suggests this is a high probability.

You can not ever prove anything is 'safe' and does not have long term potential problems.

It does seem to be quite certain that high doses of MDMA can cause damage to the brain. What this means and whether it can grow back are up for debate.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,284 Skive's The Limit
    I don't consider safe to be the same thing as harmless or without risk.
    If I were to say that driving down the shop was pretty safe, most people would agree with me but it's obviously not without minimal risk.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    Psychedelics can induce anxiety, depersonalisation, paranoia, depression even psychotic episodes in susceptible people. Read up on it sometime.

All short term effects, as I've said before if you dont like them you dont take them again. People going psychotic and doing harmful things on them is an extreme and rarely happens. Not enough to make an issue of it, but I knew you'd try. Some people use them to treat headaches.

Shrooms are personal. You either like them or you dont. You think mind altering means turning psychotic because you listen to the bullshit you hear in the media.
  • Options
    Vray wrote:
    All short term effects, as I've said before if you dont like them you dont take them again. People going psychotic and doing harmful things on them is an extreme and rarely happens. Not enough to make an issue of it, but I knew you'd try. Some people use them to treat headaches.

Shrooms are personal. You either like them or you dont. You think mind altering means turning psychotic because you listen to the bullshit you hear in the media.

No, they are not always short term effects at all, it is rare but long term mental changes can take place.
This discussion has been closed.