Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

having a relationship with your boss...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
right, here's the situation...

On tuesday i split up with my boyfriend of 3 years, im not sad about it or anything really as it was something that i knew was comin for while, and im actually relieved to be out of that relationship... Then on thursday a big group of us went out from work for "1 or 2" drinks, ended up gettin pretty drunk and we all crashed at someone's house for the night... without giving too much detail me and a certain bloke had relations of a sexual nature, and then we did again last night after a night out on the piss...

we work in retail in a pretty big store... now the problem is that not only do we work on the same department, although i've only just joined his department, but im actually his senior... we aint exactly an item as such, we are just seeing how things go, but im so concerned that i shouldnt be letting myself get into this situation... i mean i'm meant to be 1 of his bosses (supervisor), and surely its going to look really unprofessional of me, and also if things dont work out everything will be on display for the rest of the store to see and gossip about...

sorry if this post doesnt make very much sense, im just really confused as i like him a lot but im concerned because of the work situation... any thoughts or comments are welcome, i could really do with hearing other people's opinions right now, cheers x

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    oh and i forgot to mention, there's no major age difference or anything like that, he's actually 3 years older than me... its just the work situation which is worrying me... :(
    This is really hard to advise on..if you like him you could just ask him if he wants to catch a drink after work or something? its really difficult to tell what to do..if he says he doesn't want a drink then he obviously wants it to be professional around the workplace..but if he wants to go out..then just see how things go..if things click they click..and maybe after you've been out a few times ask him what his opinion on relationships within a workplace are ;)
    Good luck
    Jez
    well what is your stores policy on relationships within the workplace?

i work at tesco and there's people going out all over the bloody shop! i think it's fine just as long as you don't parade yourselves around in front of everyone and act in a mature way when you're at work..i.e. not all over eachother. so basically keeping your private life private.
    well what is your stores policy on relationships within the workplace?

in our store there are quite a few relationships between colleague's (sp?), but none between 2 people on the same department, and none between a supervisor/manager and a "normal" member of staff... i suppose im just concerned about it looking unprofessional... the guy who's involved has reassured me that it will be ok, but then again he's doesnt need 2 worry quite so much as his repuation isn't at stake as much as mine... arghhh i dunno :confused:
    could you maybe see how it goes..and then if/when you do actually start a relationship up or think you might do you could speak to one of your managers and see what they say?
    yeah thats probably the best thing to do... i hope its not gonna be a problem, coz he's absolutely yummy :yum: lol
    It's only retail, its not like its a professional setting or anything.

Normally I'd say avoid screwing the crew, but he probably won't be crew in a fortnight anyway.