Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

How to act in a club

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Go buy The Game: Penetrating the Secret Society of Pickup Artists by Neil Strauss. Is massive in America, basically a Bible on how to pick up girls!
    olaola - 50 pence, in da pub!!!
    olaola - 50 pence, in da pub!!!
    :thumb:
    Not being funny or anything fella, but weren't you asking for advice on shagging your missus about a day ago!?!

lol yeah, and didn't he make a thread about how he just lost his virginity?

and he is just talking about sex as if it's absolutely nothing..

he needs to keep his stories consistent.
    this thread seems to have decended into another topic..hmm.

anyway so I was in a club or 2 on the weekend and I still didnt have much of a clue. I mean if you look at the advice on this site in all the sections itt focuses on talking. i would think talking is a good way to but I swear in every club you go in the music is so loud you can't hear anyone. I'm not getting old fogey here but even in bars they have blaring music so trying to talk to someone is nigh impossible.

Why can't there be bars with music and a dance floor but the music be not so loud as you can't hear what the person next to you is saying. I was with my guy mates and we joiend on of theor girl mates and her freinds, I was speaking to one and she was saying summat right in my ear and I still couldnt hear properly.

Yeah it is quite a mystery, i mean there was this one really hot girl towards the end of the night dancing with her mate, some older guy, well older guy came up and was dancing behind her, got his hands round and she got off with him. e walked away after so he wasnt her bf or owt. There was me and some other guys just sstanding in disbelief at how this guy could pull this girl. I think she might have been a bit drunk mind. I still didnt try with her. Its hard to read signals in clubs as to what girls are looking for a guy and what aren't.
    Right, obviously noone has heard about this book I was talking about. It is written by a guy called Neil Strauss who spent some months living with & getting to know a group of 'Pick-up artists' in Hollywood. He now feels he could walk upto anybody in a club and have them wrapped around his finger, and he can count Britney Spears among his conquests. Basically I have just read bits about this book, but I do remember a few of his pointers for people who struggle to pick girls up. These include; Never approach a girl from behind - always from the side or front. Never approach a girl when she is alone. When you do approach a girl, make it seem asthough you are interested in her friend. When you do start chatting to the girl, touch her arms and hands to make a 'connection'. Keep an eye out for 'Indicators of Interest' - such as her touching your hands or asking your name. After making eye-contact with a girl, approach withing 5 seconds otherwise you're just a creep stareing. Thats all I remember for now, I think the last one is perhaps the most important, what do girls feel about these and this book - if you fell for a guy then learned he had been reading the book what would you think!?

As for clubs/pubs being too loud I think it depends where you go, most big places around where I live have quiet areas you can go to chat and get to know someone - TigerTiger in Newcastle has a cool room called the Den which is really chilled out especially for chatting to people.
    I guess you have to remember that not everyone goes to a club to pull, and not everyone in a club is single; so you never know what reaction you might get if you try to chat someone up.
    Right, obviously noone has heard about this book I was talking about. It is written by a guy called Neil Strauss who spent some months living with & getting to know a group of 'Pick-up artists' in Hollywood. He now feels he could walk upto anybody in a club and have them wrapped around his finger, and he can count Britney Spears among his conquests. Basically I have just read bits about this book, but I do remember a few of his pointers for people who struggle to pick girls up. These include; Never approach a girl from behind - always from the side or front. Never approach a girl when she is alone. When you do approach a girl, make it seem asthough you are interested in her friend. When you do start chatting to the girl, touch her arms and hands to make a 'connection'. Keep an eye out for 'Indicators of Interest' - such as her touching your hands or asking your name. After making eye-contact with a girl, approach withing 5 seconds otherwise you're just a creep stareing. Thats all I remember for now, I think the last one is perhaps the most important, what do girls feel about these and this book - if you fell for a guy then learned he had been reading the book what would you think!?

As for clubs/pubs being too loud I think it depends where you go, most big places around where I live have quiet areas you can go to chat and get to know someone - TigerTiger in Newcastle has a cool room called the Den which is really chilled out especially for chatting to people.

I've read loads about him and he comes over as a total cock! He didn't actually pull Britney Spears, just got her to open up a bit in an interview.
    I think these kinds of books are probably great for men who want to pick up women who are interested in so called success and money and material welath, adn great for girls who don't really want to meet someone who is really on their level, but for normal down to earth intelligent people who want to meet people they can be freinds with then these kinds of books are pretty pointless.
    Oh of course they are not meant for meeting someone who you want to spend a significant part of your life with as they are all about manipulating girls into bed - but then, when a lot of men are out 'on the pull', that is all they are trying to do anyway!
    yeah I saw him talking about his book on richard and judy. 2 flaws in the plan tho:

1) It was written for americans and set in america where you can chat to people and hear what they are saying. They have more bars then clubs there and thats how they can do what he suggests.

2) I have seen on numerous occassions, a guy go up behind the girl, start dancing, feeling her and all that and he pulls her. So the never appraoch from behind rules doesnt work here.

How do you have a clue who to appraoch and what 2 do?? I have tried talking and so have others and nothing. I have tried the dancing bheind an dand nearly had my fingers broken.

its a mystery.
    Walkindude wrote:

2) I have seen on numerous occassions, a guy go up behind the girl, start dancing, feeling her and all that and he pulls her. So the never appraoch from behind rules doesnt work here.

How do you have a clue who to appraoch and what 2 do?? I have tried talking and so have others and nothing. I have tried the dancing bheind an dand nearly had my fingers broken.

its a mystery.

seriously mate - if a bloke entered y personal space and started pawing me I'd do more than break his fingers. Some other men may think that is a good way to introduce themselves to women, and who knows there may be some women out there who like that kind of thing, but generally I would say forcing yourself into someones space is a bad idea.

when I see men act like this I seriously wonder what their mothers were thinking when they were bringing them up

my advice... treat women as people - talk to them about stuff you find interesting, don't see them as just sexual objects.
    Good Riddance, the problem with TigerTiger is that anyone who goes in there isn't worth pulling anyway. I'd rather pull in the Pig and Whistle ffs.

Books telling you how to pull are usually a load of wank, just as any self-help book is a pile of tosh. They don't work because 99.99% of people who use them are sad pathetic losers who don't have the confidence or ability to actually do what the books say, and even if they did they'd still get slapped because it's ludicrously obvious when someone is trying to use a ten-point plan to get you into bed.

Of course, it does depend how high your standards are as to whether a girl will still go along with you even though its so obvious.
    I do know what this guy is on about, clubs are pretty much the worse place to pickup a person first and foremost because you cant hear a bloody thing! No relationship can begin in the club. Try afterwards, try before. Try anywhere else!! try the pub for goodness sake.
    In reply to bryny

I do!!!!!! Thats all I have ever done and it doesnt work!! Thats why i did the behind dancing thing. And in my defence I wasnt pawing her exactly, I just had my fingertips on her side and I only did that coz as I have said I have seen it done so many times before. There was evena girl I once sused to speak to whoa dvised me to do that.

I'd love to talk and get to know them but as I said up there, I can't hear a word they are saying coz the music is too loud! The odd occasions I have they talk and then go off so its tricky.

also for whoever said it, my mates live a fair bit away from me and I dont drive so I don't go to the pub really and they aren't top pull places either. I used to work in one in town and I never got with anyone there. alked yeah, been someone to chat to many times, friendly banter, even someone to hold their teary drunken hand but never got anything serious from it.
    Walkindude wrote:
    In reply to bryny

I do!!!!!! Thats all I have ever done and it doesnt work!! Thats why i did the behind dancing thing. And in my defence I wasnt pawing her exactly, I just had my fingertips on her side and I only did that coz as I have said I have seen it done so many times before. There was evena girl I once sused to speak to whoa dvised me to do that.

I'd love to talk and get to know them but as I said up there, I can't hear a word they are saying coz the music is too loud! The odd occasions I have they talk and then go off so its tricky.

also for whoever said it, my mates live a fair bit away from me and I dont drive so I don't go to the pub really and they aren't top pull places either. I used to work in one in town and I never got with anyone there. alked yeah, been someone to chat to many times, friendly banter, even someone to hold their teary drunken hand but never got anything serious from it.

but from what you just said you are still approacjing girls in a sexual way! Couldn't you just be more casual about it - ie even if your ultimate aim is sexual, try just talking to them more naturally. Does it have to be a physical contact thing? can't it be a conversational thing!
    I saw that guy on Richard a Judy, and on Channel 5 news the next day. I also read an article in The Times by a man who used to edit self-help books, saying that they are essentially crap, written by people with no qualifications in what they're talking about.

The way I see it, is there are two type of confident blokes. There is the bloke who is confident, because he is talented and successful. Then there is the bloke who is confident, simply because he has an inflated ego and a high opinion of himself (we all know the guy. He can't stop talking about how he was once the Under-12 county tennis champion, but can't explain why such a talented individual is currently supervisor at McDonalds).

Both guys probably wont have a problem pulling girls in clubs, because they both have the confidence to do so.

The difference seems to be in holding down a LTR.

When I look at men who have a long-term girlfriend, who would generally be percieved to be out of his league, the are always the first one.

In the case of the second type of guy, because they have no basis for their inflated ego, the girl will eventually see him for what he really is. These type of men, therefore, find it hard to hold down a long-term relationship. This is the type of man that these self-help books want to turn you into. Then, of course, you will have to keep returning to the book (or it's sequel) for advice.

Of course, all of this is a theory based on my own anecdotal evidence so it could be b*****ks.
    i dont appraoch them ina s exual way!! I do make it a conversational thing but they dont seeem to be interested or you cant have one coz you can't hear them!

isnt that what clubs are for anyway? hooking up?? that how most people approach them.
    well I dont drink beer, I do try and dress sharp and I'll try that nose thing maybe, thanks lol