Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

How to act in a club

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey, I just thought I'd ask this question as I have gotten advice from a few sources including this site and it all seems contradictory and I have no clue really on what do in a club.

I mean, say you want to pull, either for the sake of a kiss and a dance or maybe to find someone you really like and get their number so u can know them better later, what do you do?

I mean, on here it says that you should go up to the girls and chat to them, that all the reasons you say to yourself you shouldn't go are probably not true and you should just go up and talk to them but then I have gotten advice not to go up chat. That you should wait until they come to you, play it cool.

thing is I have done both, admittedly I havent done the going up and chatting much. Mostly I am with my friends and am very cool about it all but that gets me nowhere. When Ihave done the chat thing its never worked out, they have gone off or ignored me or talked to me then got off with another guy.

If you do go up and chat. What do you say? I hear you should show that your interested in them by asking them questions about themselves and pay a compliment. But then someone else told me you should never give them a compliment, shouldnt ask about them and just talk generally or even ask an odd question. Another person reckons you should insult them, well I guess not harshly but constantly wind them up and that.

Also, are clubs even good for finding someone anyway? I mean one one hand I heard they are bad places and you will never find someone in a club but then my mate met his gf of 3 years in a club. I was in one last night and plenty seemd to have their bfs with them and others you couldnt really tell, like one time their alone or with mates and next with a bloke. Also does the whole, just coming up behaind them and dancing work? u know just slipping the hands round and that? Coz I'd have thought that was presumptious but I have seen it work and even been told that girls like that?

I really would appreciate the girls opinions on this issue. Also any tips on finding a girl anywhere lol??? The usual routes of contacs is off for me and I aint working yet so thats out.

I'm a nice guy and I really would love to find someone I cna talk to, have fun with, be there for and have a relationship with but at 21 and never had a real gf and any thing I have ever had with a girl has ended fairly badly with me being hurt, used and rejected, hated even sometimes, I just don't know what to do.

Comments

• Options
    Err...you can't really generalise about the entire sex you're trying to pull. Can't you just test the waters with someone you like, be honest? Say, "hey I noticed you earlier, fancy a chat?" or something. Admittedly in the past if I've liked the look of a guy I would cast furtive glances in his direction and make funny sort of "come hither" faces only for him to think I suffer from epilepsy. Just be yourself, but whatever you do, don't try the whole "my mate fancies your mate" thing :no:

And by the way, you're only 21...thats just a year older than myself, you're not quite at the stage of sitting alone on Christmas drinking egg nog and watching the Queen's speech on BBC2. Plenty of time to find a lovely lass.
  • Options
    Pff I dno..I don't usually go out to a club to pull ( sometimes I may do but meh..)
    I go in with the idea that im just out to have a good time with some mates, good music..good company..good drink!
    But if im intending to pull..i'll wait till 1/2 way thru the night to find a girl that looks nice...
    Like the other week ( before i got a g/f lol ) me and this girl ( she looked like Orla out of big brother..but more tanned..fuck me she was hot! ) were just giving glances over the floor to each other ( I was at the bar she was on the edge of the dance floor! )
    I find just giving little glances with the occasional smile gets there attention..its then their decision as to whether invite you to dance or come to talk to you..if they come to talk to you..ask them if they want a drink! its the polite thing to do..and is almost a good enough ice breaker..you'll find that the chat should flow and things shouldn't be too awquard..
    As to topics of conversation..hmm? Don't even bother with chat up lines! Just make a few jokes..a compliment I find is good ( nothing like your ass looks great in that mini skirt ) just something about her appearance..one I just thought of is maybe complimenting how she'd OBVIOUSLY made a big effort to come out tnite..that always makes em smile...or it does for me..
    But just go with the flow ;)
  • Options
    Clubs are an awful place to try and pick up unless you are confident, or have desperate girls. I never got the hang of it.

Chatting is always a good way to pull, its how I always managed it. But you can't really chat in a nightclub or pub with blaring music. You can't be heard, so it doesn't work in nightclubs. Don't use corny one-liners, but don't try and have a deep and meaningful conversation, because its impossible.
  • Options
    Dress well.

Smell good.

Smile, for fucks sake.

Arrive early.

Talk to the staff, get to know them.

Dance.

Stay sober(ish).

Avoid death row and walking around the club over and over again.

Buy NO drinks for women. It might go ok but many women love to get a bit of attention and a drink, I have a friend who makes a competition out of it with her mates. Women watch for this stuff and if you get burned by this it's more than likely all over for tonight.

Be friendly. Nothing sexual at all. The whole place is full of pissed up blokes with their tongues hanging out at the women on display. You might as well hang a sign out sayng "I have AIDS" if you join them for all the good it will do you.

Learn some visual jokes. No one can hear you, and no one cares either.

When being talked to - look positive. Nod, smile, appear cheerful.

Realise it's a lottery most pf the time. Take the piss out of the whole process "do you come here often?" can work if it's obvious you are taking the piss with it.

Look for women who have a friend getting off with someone else. Sorry ladies for this one, but you are very vulnerable to the ol jealousy when this happens and want some for yourself.

Ignore all dating advice that tells you you have to become a twat to get a girlfriend.

And have fun! Attractive people are those having fun. no one wants to stay around a miserable bastard or bitch, no matter how good they look.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,283 Skive's The Limit
    Have a drink to build your confidence but don't get pissed, aproach girls and pay them compliments but don't go over the top otherwise it'll look bad.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Just be yourself. I'm still not sure what the hell I do when I've met girls in clubs. (Apart from being totally hot that is) ;)
  • Options
    Renzo wrote:
    I'm still not sure what the hell I do when I've met girls in clubs.

chat them up and take them home! ;)

...and if they don't want to go find another one that does. :yes:
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    when ever im down at my cousins house in ISLE OF WHITE we go on the pull every friday .

Wear A Shirt (burberry)
    FCUK jeans
    White ICE Reebok Workouts (lol)
    Smell good
    rope ring on (old boy style)

Drink what you want but stay alive if you get me. (also gets the blood rushin in penis :) )

Smoke a cig or joint if she is

go back to her apartment . If the light is on and she looks ugly then just treat her nice but dont do anything dodgy

if she is a virgin and is really nice then break her in

if she is ok but ure dick is not attracted then just make her feel like she is loved. Prehaps a wank or suttin never know mite get hard

then buss a nut if she is perfect girl lol
  • Options
    Tom Da Don wrote:
    when ever im down at my cousins house in ISLE OF WHITE we go on the pull every friday .

Wear A Shirt (burberry)
    FCUK jeans
    Smell good

Drink what you want but stay alive if you get me. (also gets the blood rushin in penis :) )

go back to her apartment . If the light is on and she looks ugly then just treat her nice but dont do anything dodgy

if she is ok but ure dick is not attracted then just make her feel like she is loved. Prehaps a wank or suttin never know mite get hard

zzzzzzzz
  • Options
    god what a charmer
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    chat them up and take them home! ;)

...and if they don't want to go find another one that does. :yes:

Don't tend to take them home, I'm you're romantic charmer sort ;)
  • Options
    Tom Da Don wrote:

Wear A Shirt (burberry)
    FCUK jeans
    Smell good

:lol: burberry???? where have you been living?! There are lots of clubs now that won't even admit you if you're wearing Burberry/Aquascutum!! :yuck:
  • Options
    well thanks for the advice but did you see that? one person says buy them a drink, another says don't do that. Thats what I am talking about, how do you win??
  • Options
    I don't bother buying drinks for girls until after I pulled.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    thats probably a good idea.

how do you cath a girls eye? I mean have done it and gotten smiles back, like saturday night I did but it was lways one glance, one smile, thats it.
  • Options
    Well...

As someone said, if you go to a club, just to go on the pull, then your just going to look desperate and get no where! Just go to have fun, and mix in the pulling with that!
    Another thing is, there is no point in going on the pull if you cant take rejection... I have been up to girls before and been blanked, or told to go away... Just be polite, walk away and move on! who cares? No every girl is going to fancy you or be in the mood to be chatted up!

I dont just go over to girls either, I think its always best to make a bit of eye contact first... 90% of the time this will tell you weather they want you to go over or not. As someone said, just give them a smile, something subtle!

Try to make them laugh... some girls I have pulled have been from stupid things, like me and a friend telling 2 girls we were identical twins and it was our birthday... he is and looks older and looks nothing like me... they knew we were talking bullshit, but it was funny and a good ice breaker... obviously this wont work too often, but its a break from the usual 20 questions or so you would open with....

ALWAYS make an effort in getting ready... just imagen your going out on a first date or something, you might not be going on the pull that night, but you never know whats going to happen!

Thats about all I can think of...

Just remeber to go out and have fun!! Pulling isnt the be all and end all of a night out clubbing! Its a nice bonus!
  • Options
    Just go out to have a laugh dont go out with the intention to pull. Whenever ive been out just for a laugh with my mates is when ive done the best with the ladies. When i used to go out with the mentality that i wanted to pull i never did because i tried to hard. I dont like clubs anyway more of a bar person
  • Options
    Tom Da Don wrote:

Wear A Shirt (burberry)
    FCUK jeans
    Smell good

You're joking right? Taking the piss? Please tell me you're taking the piss?! This is the funniest thing I've read in ages!
  • Options
  • Options
    hahahahahahaha
  • Options
    When ever Iv got laior had a girlfriend from a club (not many times) its been either Id been introduced or we got talking at the begining oif the night,
    Other times If got out to "pull" i might get a snog but that'l be normally it.

Mates that do pull atll the time in clubs are normally very good loking or ararmingly thickskinned and persistant.
  • Options
    Tom Da Don wrote:

Wear A Shirt (burberry)
    FCUK jeans
    Smell good

TWAT!
  • Options
    My mates and I used to out and have little competions on who could pull the most or fitest birds. Quite shallow really - but then the whole going out to pull in a club is shallow anyway. You've got to see it for what it is.

I've only once continued seeing a girl I pulled out on the town.

Who want's to start a relationship with somebody you've taken home after 5 minutes of metting them.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Older women are good.

I remember my mates cousin pullign a 28 year old when he was only 15. Funny as fuck.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    um as a girl, i'd say that one eyecatching and smile would probably enough for you to come talk to me at least, two or more would be better but a smile is always positive, especially if its a big welcoming one.
  • Options
    Tom Da Don wrote:

Wear A Shirt (burberry)
    FCUK jeans
    Smell good

Oh baby, what a turn on :|
  • Options
    SORRY SORRY but its been in my head ever since I read this thread not that Im a big fiddy dfan or anything.

Go, go, go, go, go, go, go shawty- ish yo birthday
    we gon party like ish yo birthday
    We gon sip bacardy like its yo birthday
    and u noe we dun give a fuck if that's yo birthday

You can find me in the club,
    bottle full of bub, look mami i got the X if you into taken drugs,
    im in there having sex i aint into maken love,
    so come give me a hug, if you're into gettin' rubbed
    so come give me a hug, if u in there gettin rubbed

When i pull out up front u see the benz on dub's
    When i roll 20 deep is 20 knives in the club
    Niggas heard i fuck with dre now they wanna show me love
    When you sound like eminem and the hoez they wanna fuck
    But homie ain't nothing change hold down, G's Up
    i see xzibit in the cut that nigga roll the weed up
    If you watch how i move you mistake me fo a playa or pimp
    Been hit wit a few shells but i dont walk wit a limp
    in the hood when the ladys saying 50 you hot
    they like me, i want them to love me like they love Pac
    but how them new york, niggas tell ya im loco
    when the plan is to put the rap game in a choke-hold
    im feelin focus man, my money on my mind
    got a mill. out the deal and im still on the grind
    Now shorty said she feelin my style she feeling my flow
    Her girlfriend wanna get bi and they ready to go..(Ya ok

Mah flow, Mah show, brought me the dough,
    that bought me all my fancy things,
    Mah Crib, mah cars, Mah pools, Mah jewls,
    look nigga i done came up and i aint change

And you should love it, way more then you hate it
    nigga you mad, i thought that you'd be happy i made it
    Im that cat by the bar, toasting to the good light
    You that ****** ass nigga trying to pull me back ride
    When it dark, Well be pumping in the club, its on
    now wit my eyes on my bitch, if she smiles, she gone
    if the roof on fire, let that mothafucka burn
    if u talken about money homie, i aint concern
    imma tell you wat Banks told me cause go ahead switch the style up
    if niggas hate, then let em hate n watch the money pile up
    or we go upside ur there wit a bottle of bub
    you know where we fucking B

ha ha ha ha
    Dont act like u dont know who we be neitha' nigga
    we in da club all da time nigga
    if itz a problem pop off nigga
    G unit

THats how you handle your self in a club if your a famous millionair rap star for the rest off us well ?
  • Options
    Walkindude wrote:
    well thanks for the advice but did you see that? one person says buy them a drink, another says don't do that. Thats what I am talking about, how do you win??
    That's because there is no 100% fool-proof way to pull with 0% chance of rejection. That's what you seem to be looking for and you will not find it.
  • Options

THats how you handle your self in a club if your a famous millionair rap star for the rest off us well ?

or if your not a famous millionaire rap start, people tend to handle themselves like this

Go Go........Go On Love Its My Birthday!
    You Look Tarty Love Its My Birthday!
    I'll buy you a barcardi love its my birthday!
    and you know I'm having a laugh its not my birthday!

[Chorus x2]
    you can find me in the pub with a pint of bud
    look love i've got a fiver if you let me see your jugs
    im in to playing to darts, i aint in to growing shrubs
    so come fill up my mug before my fag gets stubbed

when i pull up out front you see my vauxhall nova
    when i hit the bar its ten pints before im over
    i came to watch the game cause im a blackburn rover
    and im munching M&Ms while im downing smirnova
    but only nothings changed cash down bottoms up
    and i got a papercut from rolling my rizla up
    if you watch how I move you'll mistake me for a geezer or gimp
    cause I fell down the stairs and now walk with a limp
    in the back bits of Watford they say fifty you hot
    they like me i want them to love me like lesbian hot
    but go in to Hemel-Hempsted they'll tell you im crazy
    cause i once got drunk and humped the statue of a lady
    but im fully focused nowwww
    tea and coffee on my mind
    got a part time job in the daily grind
    and this girls yeah
    she loves my hair
    she likes my car
    her friend is fit but she's as ugly tooo riiiigggggghhhhhtttttt

[Chorus x2]

my girlfriends mum give me the cash
    that bought me all my fancy stuff
    my couch, my fridge, my plates, my waste
    look mate im tied down but i aint changing
    and you should love it way more than i hate it
    your like my dad fashion sense is outdated
    im that bloke by the bar when im on my round
    your that weird guy who never leaves or makes a sound
    when the beats start pumping i get my macerana on
    my mates drag me to the chair before the end of the song
    if the roofs on fire someone dial 999
    and you wanna get frank love
    it isnt a crime
    i'll tell you what i tell every girl
    your fit
    nice hair
    if you dont wanna rush it here's another red square
    or i can tell my mates to be round the back with a kronenberg
    they'll know where we've ****ing been [YEAH! Laughs]

[Chorus x2]

dont act like you dont know where i been either mum!
    in the pub all the time mum
    its about to pop off mum
    burn unit
  • Options
    Tom Da Don wrote:

Wear A Shirt (burberry)
    FCUK jeans
    Smell good

Not being funny or anything fella, but weren't you asking for advice on shagging your missus about a day ago!?!