Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Paramedic

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
I was wondering if theres anyone else wanting Paramedic and was wondering what courses you are takin are at college??? :yippe:
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    im keen, but i haven't looked in to it yet.....
    my brother in law is a paramedic, just got a whopping pay rise 'cause of the agenda for change!

i would say things like biology were good to do at college?
    at college: life sciences, biology.
    at uni: you can train in paramedical science at a few universities... although its a relatively new course to be offered in HE.

i'd say the most important thing to study though would not be acedemically based. try and get some vocational training... such as do a HSE approved first aid course... that will make you a qualified first aider, and then perhaps think of joining St. johns ambulance service or something like that doing some voluntary work to further your experience. - i'd say training like that is a lot more appropriate than acedemic orientated work tbh.
    yea am doin Btec General health studies which will get me into paramedic school! I have an interview tomoz to be a appretice paramedic which is something runnin in my area so fingers crossed!