Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Jaded about new relationships

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Today I was sitting in California Coffee with a mate and there were these two cute little 16 year old hippies sitting in the corner, holding hands etc. Watching them (lol in a totally non pedo way) just reminded me of how unhappy I am with my current partner, but I just can't articulate to him why I want to split up.

He's a lovely bloke but he just has character traits I can't deal with...I don't know how to end it, see his last girlfriend dumped him as soon as she got to uni so I know he'd be devastated if I ended things now. On the other hand, I don't feel the same as I used to and don't see why I should wait for the "right moment".

Also, (sorry this is a long post) I'm beginning to think being with Co has made me extremely cynical about guys in general, and it would be a very long time before I had the same level of love and understanding as I have now.

Im sorry about the length, I'm kind of lost and any advice would be great - how to go about ending things, or even improving my attitude on new relationships. Maybe everyone feels the same after they split up with a long term partner, like noone will ever love them again...? I dont know :(

Comments

• Options
    well you need to look at why you're unhappy in this relationship...not just for you, but for him aswell 'cause obviously he'll want to know why you're ending it etc. perhaps if you work out why you're unhappy, you can improve on things?
  • Options
    There isn't any point staying with this guy if she don't reciprocate the feelings he has for you. You are better off just telling him the truth, which you probably owe to him. Sure, it may hurt him in the short term, but in the long term it will be beneficial. Maybe try taking a short break away from eachother, and see how things work out. Like, whether or not you miss him and things. Just be honest to yourself and to this guy. :)
  • Options
    The worse thing you can do is long the situation out, i know its hard but like you said why should you wait around for the right time, just arrange to meet him and just be as honest and diplomatic as you can.

As for any new relationships.......... the best trick is to not over think things all the time, i tend to do that, i put 2 and 2 together and get 100 million! lol

Besides if your planning to come out of a relationship, its best to be single for a while..........IMO

Hope it works out x