Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Salvia

Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
Im thinking of trying some. Any advice? What extract to go for, when to use, effects?

I've heard varying reports. Some say it is a strong hallucinagen, others claim it just is relaxing and fun. I guess this depends on the extract strength. So, people, reccomendations regarding this and when/where to use it ideally? I heard some pretty vivid trips are availible off it.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I never fully broke through on it but from what i heard from many others i'm sorta glad i didn't.

Never try the stuff again, prepare yourself for a ride, use a pipe and get extract.

There's loads of salvia threads on this board, search for them and you'll get loads of answers and experiences.
    didnt have much of an effect on me the few times i tried it

it didnt make me trip out at all ... i fell about, couldnt walk very well and laughed quite a bit

it made me spin in circles too lol

ive tried 10x, 15x and 40x (called horse killer)

the 40x was a bit mad but i didnt trip

and i smoked it properly each time..
    Each to his own I guess. I went fairly crazy and saw some weird things that still make perfect sense.

Twas about a year ago, however.
    I'd advise you do not go with the extract, the 'concentration' seems to bare no relation to the persons experience at all, which leads me to think many people are getting skanked.

Leaf will do you completely fine, it will give you the experience you want, and probably, a whole lot more.

It is a very powerful hallucinogen, not to be taken lightly or in a place you dont feel totally at ease.

Do not take this drug in a club!

You need to hold the smoke in as long as you physically can otherwise it does not have the full effect. People say you need a butane lighter, but I've not found that to be the case at all.

I used a normal lighter with leaf and it was definately too strong for me.
    You were using leaf, that worked off the plant my friend grew without using a butane lighter but when using extract it is best to use a butane lighter

Fair enough, I just dont see the point in extract, and I dont think they are always 10x or 20x or whatever they say they are.
    i'd say they're generally near enough what they're supposed to be

and the leaves are shit, i smoked loads of them

why do 10 bongs of leaf if you can do 1 bong of 10x ?

i wouldnt fancy trying to do 40 bongs of leaf
    Ive taken alot of drugs had alot of nasty expereinces but none so much as when i took salvia at T in the park last year.I tripped so badly and felt terrible for a good few days after taking it.Id avoid like the plague personally.
    Salvia works by reverse tolerance, you need to take it a few times to wear it down. A lot of people take it once or twice and say it doesn't do much, probably a good thing from the horror stories I've read.

I'm sure breaking through can be an amazing experience, but I wouldn't mess with my head on that level.
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    Im thinking of trying some. Any advice? What extract to go for, when to use, effects?

I've heard varying reports. Some say it is a strong hallucinagen, others claim it just is relaxing and fun. I guess this depends on the extract strength. So, people, reccomendations regarding this and when/where to use it ideally? I heard some pretty vivid trips are availible off it.

It's strong but doesn't last long. A brief period of basically losing touch with reality. It's shite, to be honest.
    My mate smoked salvia on a LSD/Ecstacy comedown and never freaked out as much in his life, thought the sofa he was sitting on was eating him...well that's what it felt like.
    Either way, salvia is a load of wank, don't touch it! :yes:
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    z01 wrote:
    and the leaves are shit, i smoked loads of them

I've smoked leaf where's it's blown my head off on one bong yet I've smoked extract that's been jank. There's no proper quality control for the 'legal highs'.

Anyway I fuckign hated it, almost as bad as my experiences with DMT. :yuck:
    Weekender Offender 
    Skive wrote:
    I've smoked leaf where's it's blown my head off on one bong yet I've smoked extract that's been jank. There's no proper quality control for the 'legal highs'

Exactly! The 'extracts' are just a con most of the time.
    I got some of the 6x and some of the 20x extract from an online headshop to try for the first time the weekend just gone...

I tried the 6x first...

I did it in a pipe with a wind proof lighter. It hit quite hard, I felt very trippy and I could barely move!
    I was just staring at the floor, everything was very hazey...

Very weird feeling...

Then I tried the 20x... I was sitting on my bed when I did it. All of a sudden I though my bed covers were trying to suck me in, it looked like they were coming up around me... I had to grab on to the edge of my bed to stop me lol!

I dont think I broke through completely (the hanging on bit stopped me doing anymore) but it was very very intence...

Personally... I would rather trip on shrooms, but it made a fun change, might try it again some time!
    Are we alowed to place links on here to shops where you buy things from?

The Stuff I got seems good...

I have brought alot from this site (Shrooms, P.e.P pills, Salvia etc) and always had a good experience with them!
  • JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    I would really prefer that you didn't link, but if you have found them to be reliable then I suppose you could post the name of the company..... I assume they have stopped selling mushrooms now though?
    Are you going to ignore my PM again LadyJade, I get the impression they over work you, or maybe you just dont like me.
    Its ok...

If anyone wants it, just PM me... I think that would be better?

Yes unfortunatly, they dont sell shrooms anymore :( :impissed:

Lets just hope that stupid law gets over turned... i doubt it though!! :banghead:
    I've seen you post over there, thought it was you but wasnt sure :)

They've always been reliable for me too.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Oh bollocks, I read it on Friday afternoon and completely forgot about it!! And they do overwork me.... Will reply this afternoon, so sorry! :blush:
    Yeah I thought I recognized you as well!

Its a small world!
  • Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    JamesZero wrote:
    Yeah I thought I recognized you as well!

Its a small world!

Nah, just one united by the net. :)

I seen plenty of sites selling Salvia, but there is a shop I know too. Quite good it is. Sounds like a mad trip... if only Shrooms weren't illegal now I feel like trying Hallucinagens. Stupid laws... grrrrr. Might have to go Shrooming oneday.
    LadyJade wrote:
    Oh bollocks, I read it on Friday afternoon and completely forgot about it!!

Thats nice that is, I send you something to help you out and thats the thanks!
    Personally ,tripping is something you do when your experementing with acid and shrooms and shit when your a kid !! :chin: :shocking: As i got older i prefered to go down rather than up........tranqs,barbs,.....and unfortunately i took that much acid & shrooms when i was young that i ended up on a HUGE script of vallies and consequently became a heroin addict (though now on a large meth script along with the V's) This was all in the course of 18 years the first 5 of which i was fuckin' with the uppers the next three the massive doses of Diazepam and the last 10 heroin and meth and vallies! :no:

This is just a personal expierience of course and it was just unfortunate that i went the scag path but if i could turn the clock back i wouldn't even start fuckin' with the class 'A' uppers (mind fuckers !) :crazyeyes

But as i always say: Everyone to there own and if you're like me you'll find out the hard way...............HAVE FUN !! :thumb:
    Thats very unfortunate, and Im sorry to hear things turned out for you like that.

I think it is case by case though, I have never taken Acid, but in terms of shrooms and things like that, I think it you respect it and do it in moderation, they can be fun and the chance of long term damage is greatly reduced!