Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

The Business

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I've just got back from seeing this film and I have to say i really enjoyed it! (And liked all the 80's music heh) I said near the start "This seems to be a British version of GTA: Vice City" The main character Frankie is played by Danny Dyer who did the voice of Kent Paul in Vice City... so no wonder they had similarities. ;)

But i would highly recommend this film.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    It is very good indeed. Saw it when it was first released.
  • Options
    It is quite good, I enjoyed it. My friend did compare it to Vice City, but that's not a bad thing.

Mint soundtrack too!
  • Options
    The Business is a decent film, although I don't rate Nick Love much as a director. Good characterisation though - the characterisation is as a close to reality as you'll find in the genre.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,284 Skive's The Limit
    I'm a bit of a fan of Danny Dyer - he's a quality actor. Looking forward to seeing this.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    I liked Danny Dyer ever since seeing Human Traffic, his a wicked actor.
  • Options
    Yeah, doesn't scrub up badly does he. He fancied my friend for a while, who's a voice over agent, but I think we were more interested in his real life presence rather than his on screen prescence ifyou catch my driftee. Always teams up well with Tamer Hassan they've done quite a bit of acting work togetha.
  • Options
    mazza wrote:
    Yeah, doesn't scrub up badly does he. He fancied my friend for a while, who's a voice over agent, but I think we were more interested in his real life presence rather than his on screen prescence ifyou catch my driftee. Always teams up well with Tamer Hassan they've done quite a bit of acting work togetha.

Tamer Hassan is good on screen, plays heavy types very well. Came from nowhere, I don't think he's even a trained actor.