Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Finding a Permanent Job via a Recruitment Agency

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm desperate to leave my job and have applied for several jobs I've spotted in the local paper. I heard back from one of them and had an interview, but heard back this morning that I didn't get it (I think I wanted more money than they were able to pay).

I've been looking at several recruitment agencies websites to see what's out there. What is the next course of action? Do I have to register with several different ones, visiting each one and filling in application forms, and then see what they have for me?

Has anyone got any good or bad experiences of agencies? At the minute, it'd rather look for a permanent job, but I might have to start temping if I don't find something soon. I have done a search of the forums and read a couple of threads, but just wondered if anyone had any more to add :)

Comments

• Options
    Yeah you have to register with them, I found reed where excellent, found me interviews pretty much straight away, i got offered a job with a company who recruited through them but i didnt take it because it wasnt for me!

Go 4 it, they aint too bad and they are good at what they do!
  • Options
    Im going through the same process, to me it takes just a little of the strain off because a good agency wont put you with an unsuitable placement as their reputation is on the line also
  • Options
    I heard reed was good too.