Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Drug Testing

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My brother has been offered a well paid job (he's been unemployed since leaving school and he's 18) but he has to take a drug test. It's the peeing in the cup kind. How long does cannabis stay in your system?

I've a feeling he isn't going to be getting the job after he takes it :(

Comments

• SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Depends how much of toker he is. Heavy use will mean it satys in his system for over a month.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'd say at his worst he does it everyday and when he hasn't got much money three times a week. Oh well.
    nearly positive theres a few ways to cheat them ?
    I think if you smoke regularly over a prolonged period you can be talking months before you can be confident of passing a drugs test.

Tell him to get some pish off someone else who doesn't do drugs - then he's sorted.
    wee in the cup for him.
    wee in the cup for him.

That would involve beng there when he took the test. Nah, I think he's realised he's going to fail.
    BumbleBee wrote:
    That would involve beng there when he took the test. Nah, I think he's realised he's going to fail.

One excuse he could say is "I was in a car with a few mates the night before and they were smoking cannabis so some must have got into my system from that" He might get away with that but it would mean he would have to quit after that in case they tested him the future and it's quite hard to get someone to stop smoking cannabis when they don't really want to.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Does he want to cut down on his smoking? TheKnow cannabis website may be of interest, they say it can help you assess your cannabis use, its impact on your life and how to make changes if you want to. It isn't patronising and its easy to use.
    LadyJade wrote:
    Does he want to cut down on his smoking?

No, he doesn't give a shit.
    As I have already said this might work

http://www.herbalhighs.com/prodimages/250/CLEAN.jpg

He's on the dole and doesn't have much money. The test is Monday. He didn't care enough to even go get a urine bottle from the doctors like I told him so he can take a sample of someone else's pee with him!
    BumbleBee wrote:
    He's on the dole and doesn't have much money. The test is Monday. He didn't care enough to even go get a urine bottle from the doctors like I told him so he can take a sample of someone else's pee with him!

Sounds like your typical stoner alright.
    turlough wrote:
    Sounds like your typical stoner alright.

No, it sounds like the sterotypical stonner, most people who use cannabis are so invisable that no one takes any notice. Its only the lazy fat ass stonners who get the attention so everyone thinks all smokers are like that.